Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17

Seem a couple of clips of Fans arriving at Stranraer on train.They seemed rather boisterous,including giving a wedding their "best wishes".Did it continue that way or did the rain dampen their enthusiasim?

I was on train that Saints fans invaded. I think they seem to forget that normal people, going about their daily business, are on trains. Don't want to see drink getting chucked about, tables getting hammered and constant swearing and singing. I support my team passionately but don't feel the need to intimidate non football fans in the process. The problem with Buckied Up football fans is they think they are not doing anything wrong and are just loveable rogues who follow their team everywhere but to sensible members of the public, and I include myself, they are a menace. Get on the train, drink your drink but don't let grannies, young kids feel threatened by you. I know I am going to get flak here but no-one can tell me I am wrong over this. Saints played well today, front to back. McShane was excellent. Clapped off by McGinn. Buchanan very aggressive. Lost nothing in air. No boozed up neds on 1659hrs back to Stranraer. Total bliss.

3 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

I was on train that Saints fans invaded. I think they seem to forget that normal people, going about their daily business, are on trains. Don't want to see drink getting chucked about, tables getting hammered and constant swearing and singing. I support my team passionately but don't feel the need to intimidate non football fans in the process. The problem with Buckied Up football fans is they think they are not doing anything wrong and are just loveable rogues who follow their team everywhere but to sensible members of the public, and I include myself, they are a menace. Get on the train, drink your drink but don't let grannies, young kids feel threatened by you. I know I am going to get flak here but no-one can tell me I am wrong over this. Saints played well today, front to back. McShane was excellent. Clapped off by McGinn. Buchanan very aggressive. Lost nothing in air. No boozed up neds on 1659hrs back to Stranraer. Total bliss.

You don't deserve flak for saying it as you seen it.

No doubt some will justify this behaviour but I'm with you on this, half drunk, or worse, football fans only think of themselves and feck anybody else.

4 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

"Normal people " ? 

"Normal people " ? 

Yes, normal people. People that go about their business without affecting, intimidating, causing alarm to others. I don't consider the majority of fans on that train to be acting normally. I know going on a wee trip away and getting tanked up at 9am in the morning gets people excited and boisterous but, not normal to me. Perhaps normal to the few that habitually act that way.

2 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Yes, normal people. People that go about their business without affecting, intimidating, causing alarm to others. I don't consider the majority of fans on that train to be acting normally. I know going on a wee trip away and getting tanked up at 9am in the morning gets people excited and boisterous but, not normal to me. Perhaps normal to the few that habitually act that way.

You sound like a copper. 

4 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Good result against the weakest team in the group there.

See Livi have won that daft shoot out thing and got the bonus point which isn't ideal. Going to be between us and them for second you'd have to assume.

10/10 for effort TC.:lol:

I should clarify, the same fans that I have criticised do create a fantastic atmosphere within the grounds, particularly away games. Good natured, no threats of violence. I just wish they could wait until they are in the ground before they get so vocal. This is obviously not a St.Mirren disease.

41 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

boo boy:P

All things being equal I prefer not to get too excited by our close season transfer dealings (which will seldom be remarkable) or pre-season and league and cup results until about October. Unless we are off to a Tom Hendrie like promotion charge or the early warning signs are ominous... here's to our first start of the season in 4 years where we don't break records for all the wrong reasons!

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

27 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Can you elaborate on the behaviour you witnessed today?

From your report so far I see a table has been banged?

Aye, you, as per, see only what you want to see, ya nugget. <_<

Edited by faraway saint

f82237649b4375a101caae2c21cb29c6.jpg
A toast tae the mighty Saints from afar. Positive start to the season. Well done to Jack and the boys. Back home just in time for the Livvy game.

Hope you are enjoying a great holiday bud. Going to be walking the Fife coastal walk at end of August if you are about and fancy a catch up. Will PM you nearer the time. :-)

Well done the buds. Sounds like a good solid team performance.

I don't know if you have any children or your mum is still with you but suffice to say, I wouldn't like my mother or children having to endure a 90 minute train ride with constant singing using repeated expletives, tables getting hammered, drums being played, drink getting spilled all over, cans and bottles rolling about the aisles etc. I am not saying any Saints fan threatened anybody but by their sheer volume and actions, their behaviour is threatening and intimidating to people. It simply is and if you cannot see this, I do despair somewhat. If you carried on like that on a plane, the participants would be custody for the court. If it was a football only train, fine, batter in, carry on, go crazy but it was a normal passenger train.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

And perhaps Stoobs interpretation of events is different from others. 

You think?

You did see what the chimp failed to mention, didn't you?

Have you ever travelled on a train?

I have, going to a few away games and what he describes is a common occurrence.

As I mentioned previously, some, who see this as acceptable, will justify it.

Fire in. <_<

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You think?

Have you ever travelled on a train?

I have, going to a few away games and what he describes is a common occurrence.

As I mentioned previously, some, who see this as acceptable, will justify it.

Fire in. <_<

I have many times , but prefer the bus these days . Very rarely have I witnessed anything that I find intimidating. Different levels for different people I guess .