Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17

I didn't use the train to go to the game so I can't comment on what happened or didn't for that matter but I have taken plenty of late trains and buses from Glasgow on a Saturday nite and saw plenty of people from the general public completely wated and causing grief to fellow travellers .
In my younger days I did participate in drinking and singing with fellow Saint Mirren fans on trains enroute to some away venue , so I'm not really in a position for criticzing our young fans for that . However , I would tend to think that most of the songs Saint Mirren fans sing are not offensive to the general public (unless they favour a team from Greenock) unlike the bigoted bile that the Ugly Sisters are famed for .

Singing repeatedly a song about having a "Gangbang against a wall" as the female ticket inspector walked by is offensive in my opinion but maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy.

52 minutes ago, shull said:

Jings 

You're a dumpling.  :lol:

FFS AND JESUS WEPT

Ha ha . I know a few people that don't frequent this site because of the utter crap you talk . 

I might have to report you now for your very upsetting name calling .

33 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

Singing repeatedly a song about having a "Gangbang against a wall" as the female ticket inspector walked by is offensive in my opinion but maybe I am just an old fuddy duddy.

Evidence?

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, Stoobs said:

I did forget to mention that a female conductor was working on this train, in her 50's, where Saints fan repeatedly sang a song, fully in her presence, "Let's have a gangbang against a wall" or words to that effect. Kids also present. Totally unacceptable.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

FS heard it from a guy who heard it from a guy who heard it form a guy.

FFS keep up.

Oh dear. :1eye

17 minutes ago, munoz said:

Ha ha . I know a few people that don't frequent this site because of the utter crap you talk . 

I might have to report you now for your very upsetting name calling .

Ye Tumshie  :D

14 minutes ago, Stoobs said:

What other than me, my three mates, the ticket inspector. What other evidence you wanting Munoz. The fact you even asked the question speaks volumes.

Any arrests? 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's it, I can't take anymore name calling and talking crap, leaving the forum.........................:lol:

Cheeriotaefcuk Dunderheid :byebye

Edited by shull

1 hour ago, Stoobs said:

As already mentioned , l wasn't on the train on Saturday but it does sound like high jinks more than anything , most of us were young once and did some drinking on the way to the St Mirren game , whilst I'm not condoning what may have occurred , certainly when we were drinking on trains back in the day there was no malice in it .  . We were all out for a good time watching our team who were doing rather well back then , which , is something that is being repeated. .

I was on the train, having a drink and a sing song, I'm not one of the "young crew", but I enjoyed the journey. I have to be honest and say the atmosphere was a bit loud an boisterous, but generally good natured.

It's been a long closed season, with an enthusiastic, highly energised support waiting impatiently to go and watch their team again. Away games like that are big days out and fans look forward to them for weeks. Maybe that excitement and the long trip caused people to get carried away with the booze, and I'll concede that maybe the atmosphere created on the train could have been a little intimidating to a non-supporter, but I certainly didn't feel that at the time and I'm positive that any of the lads or lasses singing along would be horrified if they thought their behavior was upsetting anyone.

I didn't see any aggression or anything like that, in fact, there were a group who got on the train singing their own songs, replying to ours, having a good laugh. Maybe I was in the tamer coach. I didn't see any drug taking, and while I agree with an earlier poster that it's up to individuals what they put into their bodies, they couldn't have been being very subtle if people who weren't partaking were seeing them do it, so I agree that that's not on when there are kids on the train.

Basically, everyone needs to calm down a bit, everyone. Calm down a bit on public transport if it's making people uncomfortable (we've all been stuck stone cold sober in a coach with a stag party or a group of other fans) and calm down on ripping into people who are getting a bit carried away on a day out, they're not thugs or neds...I know I'm not.

Edited by Saint Garf

36 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

I was on the train, having a drink and a sing song, I'm not one of the "young crew", but I enjoyed the journey. I have to be honest and say the atmosphere was a bit loud an boisterous, but generally good natured.

It's been a long closed season, with an enthusiastic, highly energised support waiting impatiently to go and watch their team again. Away games like that are big days out and fans look forward to them for weeks. Maybe that excitement and the long trip caused people to get carried away with the booze, and I'll concede that maybe the atmosphere created on the train could have been a little intimidating to a non-supporter, but I certainly didn't feel that at the time and I'm positive that any of the lads or lasses singing along would be horrified if they thought their behavior was upsetting anyone.

I didn't see any aggression or anything like that, in fact, there were a group who got on the train singing their own songs, replying to ours, having a good laugh. Maybe I was in the tamer coach. I didn't see any drug taking, and while I agree with an earlier poster that it's up to individuals what they put into their bodies, they couldn't have been being very subtle if people who weren't partaking were seeing them do it, so I agree that that's not on when there are kids on the train.

Basically, everyone needs to calm down a bit, everyone. Calm down a bit on public transport if it's making people uncomfortable (we've all been stuck stone cold sober in a coach with a stag party or a group of other fans) and calm down on ripping into people who are getting a bit carried away on a day out, they're not thugs or neds...I know I'm not.

Amen to that.

I am only speaking about train behaviour and would like to clarify why there were no arrests. There would need to be operational cops on train to make arrests. There were none. Other than the drug taking, I didn't see any criminal offences being committed therefore arrests wouldn't be appropriate. Anti social behaviour is not arrestable unless you cease to desist after being warned. I spoke with 2 evidence gathering cops on train who were apparently part of a joint police/rail task force who said, other than the drug taking, that wasn't obvious apart from people boasting about it, the behaviour, although pretty bad, inconsiderate and socially unacceptable, probably didn't fall into the criminal area. They stated that they would get photos printed off CCTV on train and keep it on their records which seemed proportionate. Look, I certainly am not castigating Saints fans behaviour in pubs or grounds. Just in areas where the general public have no way to escape it if it offends them.