Jump to content

Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17


pondsman
 Share

Recommended Posts


4 minutes ago, Suggestion said:

2 carriages full with people acting the same way in both but aye "you can find them in the Bankhouse"

 

majority of the people there on Saturday go on other busses and a large group from our bus left on the early train. 

Don't get all defensive. This is not a witchhunt. Of the people I saw on Saturday getting off the train many were drinkers from the Bankhouse. A quiet word may be all that is necessary to any groups that can be identified. That is one group I could identify. Maybe you have others?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HSS said:

Very unfair to single out the Bankhouse

Also I saw some Periscope footage on Sat and it's not all "Lads",plenty of Budettes on the train too.

I'm guessing we're not discussing everyone who took that particular train?

There will no doubt have been plenty of folk on the train who behaved in a perfectly reasonable manner.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shull said:

They will behave if they attend Matches alcohol and drug free. 

Some ain't prepared to do that. 

I would guess there are a few fans, in their adult life who have never attended a Match alcohol free. 

Those on that Train should have not got anywhere near Stair Park and run out of Town under escort. 

When you see young guys in their teens and twenties at 10am on a railway platform with big 1ltr bottles of Buckfast and cases of lager about them, you know it's gonna get messy. The question I'd be asking myself is why would I need to get that tanked up before a beginning of season cup tie, or any tie for that matter ? It's like folk who go to music festivals shit faced and don't remember a thing about it. Just seems bizarre, that's all !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would like to highlight a few positives from the trip.

 

At Ayr station we helped a wee old lady over the bridge with her bag, she said she was enjoying the singing and banter, thanked us for being gentlemen.

On the train we had a laugh with the Scotrail conductor, Irene. She asked us to turn off our music until Girvin once normal passengers got off, which was fair. 

In Stranraer fitba bar, a Stranraer committee guy told me he was amazed we had brought so many people down. Must have spent a small fortune in the pub. Bar owner was delighted. 

At the game we created a decent atmosphere. Everyone behaved pretty well considering we had been on a train for more than 2 hours drinking....

The train home was a wee bit hairy, but there was zero bother and everyone was in good spirits. No worse than any tartan army trip I've been on.

First game of the season and a full day out. It was never going to be alcohol free. Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

The train home was a wee bit hairy, but there was zero bother and everyone was in good spirits. No worse than any tartan army trip I've been on.

First game of the season and a full day out. It was never going to be alcohol free. Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

You had me until the train home bit, not sure what all the fuss is about ? :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Would like to highlight a few positives from the trip.

 

At Ayr station we helped a wee old lady over the bridge with her bag, she said she was enjoying the singing and banter, thanked us for being gentlemen.

On the train we had a laugh with the Scotrail conductor, Irene. She asked us to turn off our music until Girvin once normal passengers got off, which was fair.

In Stranraer fitba bar, a Stranraer committee guy told me he was amazed we had brought so many people down. Must have spent a small fortune in the pub. Bar owner was delighted.

At the game we created a decent atmosphere. Everyone behaved pretty well considering we had been on a train for more than 2 hours drinking....

The train home was a wee bit hairy, but there was zero bother and everyone was in good spirits. No worse than any tartan army trip I've been on.

First game of the season and a full day out. It was never going to be alcohol free. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

 

No positives please Doakes. They will not be tolerated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Would like to highlight a few positives from the trip.

 

At Ayr station we helped a wee old lady over the bridge with her bag, she said she was enjoying the singing and banter, thanked us for being gentlemen.

On the train we had a laugh with the Scotrail conductor, Irene. She asked us to turn off our music until Girvin once normal passengers got off, which was fair. 

In Stranraer fitba bar, a Stranraer committee guy told me he was amazed we had brought so many people down. Must have spent a small fortune in the pub. Bar owner was delighted. 

At the game we created a decent atmosphere. Everyone behaved pretty well considering we had been on a train for more than 2 hours drinking....

The train home was a wee bit hairy, but there was zero bother and everyone was in good spirits. No worse than any tartan army trip I've been on.

First game of the season and a full day out. It was never going to be alcohol free. Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

Where there's positives, there's always negatives.  No need for bad or insulting behaviour. We're too classy a support for that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, pod said:

Where there's positives, there's always negatives.  No need for bad or insulting behaviour. We're too classy a support for that.

 I think there's too many people on here quick to pass the guilty judgement who weren't on the train , at the pub or at the game . 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, pod said:

Where there's positives, there's always negatives.  No need for bad or insulting behaviour. We're too classy a support for that.

Sorry pod but with respect that's utter nonsense. Our support it the same as (almost) any other.

It has its fair share of good guys and arseholes. It always has and it always will. It's called human nature. Every single support in the land is the same, and no amount of whining from easily affronted old women on here will change that. It will ever be thus.

I'm not defending the behaviour that's been reported on here. Well, actually I am defending some of it. The singing of songs (even ones that contain these dreaded sweary words), hell even a wee bit of beating out a rhythm on a poor defenceless table. Clearly I don't defend the taking of class A drugs in public or actual aggressive or intimidating behaviour towards innocent bystanders, but greeting on a messageboard isn't going to change anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, pod said:

Where there's positives, there's always negatives.  No need for bad or insulting behaviour. We're too classy a support for that.

Not entirely sure what you mean by that, perhaps this was on the other carriage from where I was. 

Personally didn't see anything worse than I've seen before... Folk were steamin, but can't say I witnessed anyone getting abuse. Was all pretty lighthearted. The game was a bit of a perfect storm for bevy - early train, pub crawl to the ground possible from the station... Was never going to end any other way. :lol:

Anyway, onwards to the next game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Not entirely sure what you mean by that, perhaps this was on the other carriage from where I was. 

Personally didn't see anything worse than I've seen before... Folk were steamin, but can't say I witnessed anyone getting abuse. Was all pretty lighthearted. The game was a bit of a perfect storm for bevy - early train, pub crawl to the ground possible from the station... Was never going to end any other way. :lol:

Anyway, onwards to the next game!

 

Sorry, was generalising. 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sorry pod but with respect that's utter nonsense. Our support it the same as (almost) any other.

It has its fair share of good guys and arseholes. It always has and it always will. It's called human nature. Every single support in the land is the same, and no amount of whining from easily affronted old women on here will change that. It will ever be thus.

I'm not defending the behaviour that's been reported on here. Well, actually I am defending some of it. The singing of songs (even ones that contain these dreaded sweary words), hell even a wee bit of beating out a rhythm on a poor defenceless table. Clearly I don't defend the taking of class A drugs in public or actual aggressive or intimidating behaviour towards innocent bystanders, but greeting on a messageboard isn't going to change anything.

Was meant to be taken as tongue in cheek.  We're Saints, not angels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Because if the SLO/Club is trying to find out who to chat about the situation with at least some of them drink in there, that's why. 

utter rubbish. you or a slo have absolutely no evidence on anybody. you are guessing who they are. what difference does it make were they go. slo can do nothing about people travelling on public transport or the supporter buses as there independent of the club.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh i don't know why the Bankhouse house been brought up.

Most of us got the early train. On the way home we got split up, some of us left on the 17:00 train so can't speak for the others behaviour on that one but I know for a fact the members on that bus wouldn't threaten any other Saints fan or want to make other fans no matter the age feel unwelcome. Just look at the player of the year do.

The members have worked really hard to run a respectable bus, any behaviour mentioned certainly wouldn't be tolerated on a bus or indeed on public transport because everyone knows fine well it's the buses reputation that gets damaged.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh i don't know why the Bankhouse house been brought up.

Most of us got the early train. On the way home we got split up, some of us left on the 17:00 train so can't speak for the others behaviour on that one but I know for a fact the members on that bus wouldn't threaten any other Saints fan or want to make other fans no matter the age feel unwelcome. Just look at the player of the year do.

The members have worked really hard to run a respectable bus, any behaviour mentioned certainly wouldn't be tolerated on a bus or indeed on public transport because everyone knows fine well it's the buses reputation that gets damaged.



well said Ian. we know fine well what Sonny was trying to imply . As you know mate we have a great bus with fans who generate a great atmosphere at away games.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Sergie's no1 fan said:

Tbh i don't know why the Bankhouse house been brought up.

Most of us got the early train. On the way home we got split up, some of us left on the 17:00 train so can't speak for the others behaviour on that one but I know for a fact the members on that bus wouldn't threaten any other Saints fan or want to make other fans no matter the age feel unwelcome. Just look at the player of the year do.

The members have worked really hard to run a respectable bus, any behaviour mentioned certainly wouldn't be tolerated on a bus or indeed on public transport because everyone knows fine well it's the buses reputation that gets damaged.
 

Was there a Bankhouse bus on Saturday ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, munoz said:

 I think there's too many people on here quick to pass the guilty judgement who weren't on the train , at the pub or at the game . 

 

Utter defensive bollox.

There are plenty on here who have reported the behaviour of sections, and a minority, of the support who are tanked up and do not give a feck about anybody, including women and children.

Is it unreasonable to comment, whether people were there or not, on the unreasonable behaviour of supporters who think it's ok to behave like arsholes?

This mostly comes down to people who can't enjoy themselves without being pished, not having a few pints before the game, people who are only set on getting bladdered and will hardly remember any of the game or what they done going to or returning fro the game.

I like a drink as much as anybody but, as has been mentioned, there's plenty of time to have a drink after the game..................oh and participate in drugs, which seems to be ok as well.

FFS!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:


well said Ian. we know fine well what Sonny was trying to imply . As you know mate we have a great bus with fans who generate a great atmosphere at away games.

Nobody, as far as I'm aware, is talking about the behaviour of supporters who travel by bus.

It's the supporters who cannot handle going to a game without getting smashed then carry their selfish behaviour onto public transport.

Some of the defensive shit and the "oh your negative" bollox is astounding.

Aye, head in the sand approach, that's the way forward.

I said after the initial post there would be some attempts to ignore or defend this behaviour, which we throw at the OF support when it pleases us, smacking of unfounded arrogance and irony.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...