Jump to content

Stranraer v St. Mirren 15/07/17


pondsman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Look FS we've already established on previous topics that I'm very intelligent. Now, do you think an intelligent chap like me would use a word that didn't exist? 

It doesn't even trouble the very basics of this intelligence to inform you that "rankest" is indeed the superlative adjective of the word rank. 

Question me not. :P

I'm bladdered.............................ok. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, Doakes said:

Sorry man. It's shocking. The Daily Record should be right on this 

ANGER as St Mirren fans go on drink and drug fuelled rampage through the streets of Stranraer, led by a drunken bam on horseback 

 

 

Was the drunken bam on horseback just off the Belfast ferry ? :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/07/2017 at 6:26 PM, Kemp said:

Can you elaborate on the behaviour you witnessed today?

From your report so far I see a table has been banged?

Not only that... apparently tables were also getting hammered.. presumably on table wine

4 hours ago, Sycophant1877 said:

ef5152290f2a91dfeb9c6a269addc84e.jpg I hope these 'neds' have a fire certificate for there flag.

GET THEM OFF THE STREETS!!  :lol By some reports they are suspected of Terrorising Train passengers

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Could not agree more with this. I got the 11:31 from Ayr and the 19:03 from Stranraer. Both trains had a lot of Saints fans, maybe 150 or so out of the 180 capacity.

Both trains were really boisterous but I personally didn't see any drug taking or see any pishing outwith the toilet. I'm not saying it didn't happen but I was there and didn't see it and certainly don't condone those actions if they did occur.

On the way back up there certainly were a few (very few ) "eejits" who were singing songs that could be deemed offensive but to castigate the whole support who travelled by train on that basis is utter nonsense. The vast majority enjoyed a brilliant day out by supporting their team and enjoying the social aspect of alcohol without making a nuisance of themselves.

Just for clarity - who has castigated the whole of the support who travelled by train?

I certainly made a point in a previous post of highlighting that plenty of folk will have travelled down by train and caused absolutely no bother whatsoever.

I think this discussion seems to have escalated to a point where the central issue is getting lost - ie: getting completely wasted and causing grief for fellow travellers and general folks isn't acceptable, and puts the club in a bad light.

Let's face it, if some supporters of, say, Glasgow's ugly sisters caused similar bother, I'm pretty confident that we'd all be quick to condemn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, thetwang! said:

I think the younger guys are making the games a much better atmosphere for attending, the outrage on here from some is just embarrassing! Talk about blown out of proportion! Some perspective please folks!

Anything for a bit of drama on the forum. :lol:

Love Island has nothing on this place. :whistle

If it was that bad, the police would've been called and arrests made. No such thing happened. Draw your own conclusions. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Point of order people (but no ra' peepul) i have it on good authority at least one of the SLO's and a club board member travelled to the Stranraer fixture by train to offer guidance and leadership to those young rascals.

Edit: forgot to add this photo was taken near Kilwinning on the way to Stranraer.... lightweights!

IMG_1415.JPG

Edited by Lord Pityme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Drew said:

Just for clarity - who has castigated the whole of the support who travelled by train?

I certainly made a point in a previous post of highlighting that plenty of folk will have travelled down by train and caused absolutely no bother whatsoever.

I think this discussion seems to have escalated to a point where the central issue is getting lost - ie: getting completely wasted and causing grief for fellow travellers and general folks isn't acceptable, and puts the club in a bad light.

Let's face it, if some supporters of, say, Glasgow's ugly sisters caused similar bother, I'm pretty confident that we'd all be quick to condemn.

I didn't use the train to go to the game so I can't comment on what happened or didn't for that matter but I have taken plenty of late trains and buses from Glasgow on a Saturday nite and saw plenty of people from the general public completely wated and causing grief to fellow travellers .

In my younger days I did participate in drinking and singing with fellow Saint Mirren fans on trains enroute to some away venue , so I'm not really in a position for criticzing our young fans for that . However , I would tend to think that most of the songs Saint Mirren fans sing are not offensive to the general public (unless they favour a team from Greenock) unlike the bigoted bile that the Ugly Sisters are famed for .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Drew said:

Just for clarity - who has castigated the whole of the support who travelled by train?

I certainly made a point in a previous post of highlighting that plenty of folk will have travelled down by train and caused absolutely no bother whatsoever.

I think this discussion seems to have escalated to a point where the central issue is getting lost - ie: getting completely wasted and causing grief for fellow travellers and general folks isn't acceptable, and puts the club in a bad light.

Let's face it, if some supporters of, say, Glasgow's ugly sisters caused similar bother, I'm pretty confident that we'd all be quick to condemn.

Indeed.

Some individuals who were on the train, stated that some of the drink (and drugs it would seem) fuelled behaviour displayed by a minority of fans, in their opinion was not suitable to inflict upon some non St.Mirren supporting travellers.

I'm sure everybody would agree that there were a few examples cited that were unacceptable.

It seems to have grown arms and legs since then, with people's conflicting ideas on what is acceptable and what is not acceptable behaviour, in today's society, clouding the issue.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Indeed.

Some individuals who were on the train, stated that some of the drink (and drugs it would seem) fuelled behaviour displayed by a minority of fans, in their opinion was not suitable to inflict upon some non St.Mirren supporting travellers.

I'm sure everybody would agree that there were a few examples cited that were unacceptable.

It seems to have grown arms and legs since then, with people's conflicting ideas on what is acceptable and what is not acceptable behaviour, in today's society, clouding the issue.

 

What does FTOF stand for ? Given your moral compass, is that acceptable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, munoz said:

What does FTOF stand for ? Given your moral compass, is that acceptable?

I might be taking a punt, here, but I'm assuming he doesn't sing about it loudly on passenger trains.

This is the very point - its all about context, and a time and a place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I might be taking a punt, here, but I'm assuming he doesn't sing about it loudly on passenger trains.

This is the very point - its all about context, and a time and a place.

Only when I'm blootered and coked up.:P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

An astounding answer my friend.
:byebye

Just reading some of these posts that are saying "och, nothing bad actually happened". Absolutely incredible. Really is "I despair for society moment." Not surprising though. My whole professional life, people have always justified their actions despite said actions being clearly wrong. This started out with decent members of society on this forum saying that excessive alcohol, drug taking, offensive singing with sexual references etc should not be tolerated on public transport especially when kids present and now those concerned people are being castigated for it. It is the way of the world it seems.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...