Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

shull

Guest TPAFKATS

Referee allows argentina to take free which leads directly to penalty while we have only 10 players on the park during a substitution. The penalty was saved.
If VAR is going to say that's a retake by freezing the frame to see if the keeper has moved a few inches from the line then football as a spectator spirt is finished.
Also if there is 4 minutes of added time and that is almost totally taken up by a penalty farce then its 7 or 8 minutes added time?
Officials so far out of their depth

I wasn't aware that goalkeepers leaving their line at penalties was a big issue that needed addressing.

Apparently FIFA did!  It's working out pretty well so far,eh? :notworthy Explains the Hladky stuff in the play-off.

The number of referees who are honking at the job makes things hard enough without giving them shitey guidelines within which to enforce daft rules.

Handball has needed addressing for years. They've finally addressed it and made it f*cking worse. :happyclapper

9 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I wasn't aware that goalkeepers leaving their line at penalties was a big issue that needed addressing.

Apparently FIFA did!  It's working out pretty well so far,eh? :notworthy Explains the Hladky stuff in the play-off.

Actually, the rule when we beat Utd was that BOTH feet had to be on the line when the ball was struck, now it's only one.

The new rule shouldn't have much of an impact in the SP as we don't have VAR but the EPL next season is going to be interesting to see how strictly the new rule is enforced..

Incidentally, this was from last night, with the new rule in place but not applied.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Why not?

I can compare the standard to the mens game, in fact I just did,

To get a fair comparison, you would need to compare the current womens game with the mens game at the same stage of development - around 1900 (the year, not 7pm). To compare with the modern mens game is like comparing a child to a full grown adult - stupid and pointless.

I really shouldn't have to explain this but TBF I keep forgetting that you need to be breastfed through everything. 🤣

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

To get a fair comparison, you would need to compare the current womens game with the mens game at the same stage of development - around 1900 (the year, not 7pm). To compare with the modern mens game is like comparing a child to a full grown adult - stupid and pointless.

I really shouldn't have to explain this but TBF I keep forgetting that you need to be breastfed through everything. 🤣

No, you wouldn't. 

You are forgetting, and it's ok because you know nothing about football, that the women are using tried and tested training methods and tactics used by the men so therefore they are not starting from the same position men were back in any time you care to conjure up. 

It's fair to compare the current standard to the mens game and the development the women have made, albeit in a much shorter time. 

You constantly show you are a fool in anything football related.

I have read many of your "match day" comments.............................playing to the crowd, using BBC stats and showing no understanding of the game.

Now, you have no TV, you only watch football on a small computer screen, you have not attended any football matches, never mind St Mirren matches.

Why are you on a St Mirren football forum? 

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No, you wouldn't. 

You are forgetting, and it's ok because you know nothing about football, that the women are using tried and tested training methods and tactics used by the men so therefore they are not starting from the same position men were back in any time you care to conjure up. 

It's fair to compare the current standard to the mens game and the development the women have made, albeit in a much shorter time. 

You constantly show you are a fool in anything football related.

I have read many of your "match day" comments.............................playing to the crowd, using BBC stats and showing no understanding of the game.

Now, you have no TV, you only watch football on a small computer screen, you have not attended any football matches, never mind St Mirren matches.

Why are you on a St Mirren football forum? 

Can I stay, even though I am not attending anymore Matches ?  :byebye

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

No, you wouldn't. 

I'm not sure if it's a lack of women in your life to educate you or whether you just don't care but for what it's worth let me fill you in on the reality for young girls who want to play football.

The damage is done at a very young age (5 to 16 yrs old). That crucial 10,000 hours you might have heard of in the men's game? MUCH harder to get for girls.

There are significantly fewer opportunities for girls to play football than for boys for a start.

There is less competition and the standard doesn't allow for the very best in the country to fully achieve their potential. A bit like trapping Celtic in Scotland and wondering why they struggle against mid-level teams in Europe.

There are fewer girls clubs than boys. Fewer leagues. Fewer coaches at that level. Less money in the girls game so it's harder to get things like pitches etc.

It doesn't matter who then coaches them at 16 to 18 because the damage has been done in the previous decade.

There is no genetic reason whatsoever why women's football should be worse than men's football.

This is about money, opportunity and attitude.

More than that, it's about educating stupid old men who haven't a clue what they are talking about.

I was out working early yesterday morning, listening to Radio Scotland on my wee tranny. Yes, I still have my fave wee tranny

When I heard Erin Cuthert say, something along the lines of.
"If we bring our A Game then we KNOW Argentina cant live with us"........my heart shudderred and blood ran cold!
I knew there and there Scotland ladies were O.U.T oot.
Over confidence, hubris,over estimation of skill......secretly cocky.
VAR is absolute utter shite though. As many have said, some before last night's penalty kick farce. It will be the ruination of the game.

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm not sure if it's a lack of women in your life to educate you or whether you just don't care but for what it's worth let me fill you in on the reality for young girls who want to play football.

The damage is done at a very young age (5 to 16 yrs old). That crucial 10,000 hours you might have heard of in the men's game? MUCH harder to get for girls.

There are significantly fewer opportunities for girls to play football than for boys for a start.

There is less competition and the standard doesn't allow for the very best in the country to fully achieve their potential. A bit like trapping Celtic in Scotland and wondering why they struggle against mid-level teams in Europe.

There are fewer girls clubs than boys. Fewer leagues. Fewer coaches at that level. Less money in the girls game so it's harder to get things like pitches etc.

It doesn't matter who then coaches them at 16 to 18 because the damage has been done in the previous decade.

There is no genetic reason whatsoever why women's football should be worse than men's football.

This is about money, opportunity and attitude.

More than that, it's about educating stupid old men who haven't a clue what they are talking about.

Eh? 🤡

Utter bluster and nothing to do with the point comparing women's football to another comparable standard.

I would suggest that the physical attributes will ensure there are ALWAYS a gulf between women and mens football.

This isn't BLOW FOOTBALL, your speciality, we are talking about is it? :1eye

You show, again, you know nothing about football. :lol:

PS In your attempts to cloud the issue you seem to think that I was being detrimental to women's football. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

The ref was abysmal last night - the VAR decisions were probably correct (although photo shared by BEK makes it look a lot closer) but they have not been made consistently throughout the tournament and in our games especially. We seem to fall on the wrong side of the outcome every time the decision is taken to either use VAR or not.

That said - we lost a 3-0 lead in 15 mins - so you can't really complain too much about going out. We were unable to deal with the pressure.

Also I seem to remember being told that the defending team should never make a substitution when facing a potentially goal scoring set piece - I don't think the coach should have made the substitution at the free kick that lead to the penalty. 'Game Management' was also poor.

Edited by southsidebud

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The replays showed she, Scottish goalie, had her feet just off the line when the ball was struck.

Harsh, aye possibly. 

Wonder if there would the same furore if this was about the Argentinian goalie? 

Naw - cos she'd have been cheating 🙂