Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

shull

49 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Great effort Girls. This handball crap is going to ruin the game

Couldn't agree more on this handball stuff. I think VAR works but this rule on handball is junk. Seem to have removed the unwritten rule of commonsense from refereeing now.

Scotland were excellent today and deserved a point but these ridiculous penalties are ruining the game.

Couldn't agree more on this handball stuff. I think VAR works but this rule on handball is junk. Seem to have removed the unwritten rule of commonsense from refereeing now.
Scotland were excellent today and deserved a point but these ridiculous penalties are ruining the game.
Totally agree.

Anyone could see the lass had her arms in that position to keep balance, not gain an advantage or deliberately stop the ball.

Same thing with Bairdy in the playoff final.

Those should NEVER be given as penalties. Full stop.

Guest TPAFKATS

Saw the start of the game until not long after the dodgy penalty decision. Wasnt too bothered at having to miss the rest as johnathan Pearce is an annoying cock at the best of times. Even worse when in full jingoistic mode. Well done Scotland's national broadcaster.
I see our two remaining group games are demoted to alba.

My heart always sinks when a I hear a commentator utter the "Was it deliberate?" line at the sight of a handball. The Sportscene guy is good for it.

I rejoiced the other week when I finally heard a pundit, Michael Owen, clear things up.

He said words to the effect of, in nearly all cases ***OF COURSE IT'S NOT DELIBERATE!!***. Who in their right mind deliberately handles in the box? 

It's  the new interpretation that's  the problem, not VAR. VAR only gave that ref the means to confirm it was a penalty under the new interpretation, instead of having to guess, like they've always done.

By definition, a penalty is penalising an offence. Focussing on genuine intent should surely be the route they are going down with this law, rather that any such pish about making your body bigger or whatever.

Women's football is pish, while I understand the football industry using it as a loss leader to entice girls/women (more specifically their purses) into the sport, I don't understand is why BBC are putting so much energy promoting it - must write to Points of View.......................:snore

The only good thing about women's football is the ponytails!

Edited by Bud the Baker

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Saw the start of the game until not long after the dodgy penalty decision. Wasnt too bothered at having to miss the rest as johnathan Pearce is an annoying cock at the best of times. Even worse when in full jingoistic mode. Well done Scotland's national broadcaster.
I see our two remaining group games are demoted to alba.

On BBC1 too.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Women's football is pish, while I understand the football industry using it as a loss leader to entice girls/women (more specifically their purses) into the sport, I don't understand is why BBC are putting so much energy promoting it - must write to Points of View.......................:snore

Get out of Edwardian England ya sexist twat. Thank god people with your mentality will die out soon. You will be saying next they should all hide their faces live in the kitchen and speak when spoken to.  

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

While women's football is not quite at Barcelona level neither are many men's leagues. 

You don't have to look too far to see the poor standard passed off as professional football in Scotland, for starters.

It's in the early stages and is getting better.

It will only improve with further exposure and investment.

Women's tennis is an example where the improvements over the years have been amazing, all through investment and exposure.

Aye, women's football still has a way to go but it can, and will, only improve.

It's unfair to compare it to men's football, and certainly not the better teams/countries. 

PS It's not just ponytails, fecking false eyelashes FFS! :wink: