Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

shull

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

1. As all you can say is loss leader, you have demonstrated your needle is stuck....................

2. I sggest you stay clear of the nasty future as you do obviously dwell in the distant past 

3. You are entitled to your opinion of course but its one game played by men and women, not two seperate ones................  

1. Because it's true, you've certainly not shown anything to disprove it. Also it's not correct that it's all I have to say - the standard of football is mediocre and the BBC are going overboard in their coverage.

2. I have no fear of a future where society is integrated and tolerant of diversity. 

3. I am entitled to my opinion(s) and the only reason I'm continuing this conversation is to point out they're not what you're suggesting.

PS - Not quite ponytail length yet!

17 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I didn't read it needs, I read that it was done that way before the appointment of a head of women's football.

With some sponsors signed up to 2030 for the rights of all FIFA's world cups, Gents, youth and women. It may have made a mistake and received more from them, following the popularity growth that the women's game is getting.

The evidence I provide to back the above up is the numerous sponsors who are backing the women on par with gents.

PS it's even easier to find as it's not second hand selected quotes from years ago emoji14.png

We all select our quotes to back our argument (even you :1eye ) my quotes were about the current tournament, your references to tournaments as much as a decade ahead (a far longer timescale :rolleyes: ) seem pretty unconvincing - if the deals are being bundled up (as you seem to suggest) it doesn't strike me as proof that competitions like the women's WC will be self sustaining even by 2030. :rolleyes:

If you read my initial post you'll see my gripe was with the extravagance of the BBC which only yesterday :whistle announced plans to remove automatic free licences for over 75s.

Again if you read my initial post you'll see I look forward to FIFA dipping into the pockets of men and women with equal efficiency - in this debate I am the true feminist! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker

5 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Just reading about the Americans overcelebrating.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/uswnt-ripped-for-over-the-top-celebrations/

Not impreesed with one of them pinning it on gender. A bit tiresome.

"Would you tell a men’s team to not score or celebrate?"

Erm, yes, but I can't think of too many times when anyone has had to.

TBF there was no over-celebrating from what I saw on the highlights and even if there was WGAF.

These players have dreamed of playing in a World Cup for their whole lives. And they are supposed to tone down their celebrations and restrict it to a handshake? That is a ridiculous thing to ask of professional sportswomen or men. It's not as though they slid along the pitch whirling their tops in the air and screaming in the faces of their opponents.

Someone online was talking about maybe they should have stepped off the gas and scored fewer goals. Whit???? Whenever I played I wanted to score as many goals as possible. If we were 13-0 up I'd have been barrelling for a 14th. The Americans have the killer instinct. Other teams might do well to consider that.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

TBF there was no over-celebrating from what I saw on the highlights and even if there was WGAF.

These players have dreamed of playing in a World Cup for their whole lives. And they are supposed to tone down their celebrations and restrict it to a handshake? That is a ridiculous thing to ask of professional sportswomen or men. It's not as though they slid along the pitch whirling their tops in the air and screaming in the faces of their opponents.

Someone online was talking about maybe they should have stepped off the gas and scored fewer goals. Whit???? Whenever I played I wanted to score as many goals as possible. If we were 13-0 up I'd have been barrelling for a 14th. The Americans have the killer instinct. Other teams might do well to consider that.

Blow football..........................I can imagine you'd be quite good at that. 😂

5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well when you played  Bon Accord you certainly had the killer instinct.... 😉

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Piling on the goals is not an issue. Scotland have twice gone out of World Cups on goal difference after failing to pile it on the group whipping boys.

They are being panned even by their own fans for this, and specifically it's trying to push the narrative towards gender that I'm not a fan of.