shull

Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Obviously they didn't know then, that's quotes second hand from 2 years ago. emoji23.png

So, it's still a quote from the organisers acknowledging the tournament needs outside sources of income and the infrastructure of the men's game just to target breaking even.  You're just quibbling the women's game couldn't support a lavish tournament like this by itself - as I said a loss leader for the football industry. :rolleyes:

Spoiler

………….and the football's still pish!

Edited by Bud the Baker

26 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

So, it's still a quote from the organisers acknowledging the tournament needs outside sources of income and the infrastructure of the men's game just to target breaking even.  You're just quibbling the women's game couldn't support a lavish tournament like this by itself - as I said a loss leader for the football industry. :rolleyes:

Reveal hidden contents

The woman's game is just at the beginning of its journey.................... so get use to it...............

For a loss leader - SPFL, SPL, SFA, Setanta, Sevco take the honours

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

The woman's game is just at the beginning of its journey.................... so get use to it...............

For a loss leader - SPFL, SPL, SFA, Setanta, Sevco take the honours

Once I finish this cup of coffee, I'm going to wash my hair using juicy green apple shampoo & conditioner (separate bottles) after which I'll see if I can make a decent stab at a pony tail. I've been waiting since the Brechin game last April (my last haircut) for this day.

Outside of St. Mirren I have little interest in football, women's football will join international football, English football, Champion's League football as aspects of the game I only see when they make the main news. 

52 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Once I finish this cup of coffee, I'm going to wash my hair using juicy green apple shampoo & conditioner (separate bottles) after which I'll see if I can make a decent stab at a pony tail. I've been waiting since the Brechin game last April (my last haircut) for this day.

Outside of St. Mirren I have little interest in football, women's football will join international football, English football, Champion's League football as aspects of the game I only see when they make the main news. 

Thanks for sharing your blinkered look on life . Says a lot about your narrow minded posts TBH

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thanks for sharing your blinkered look on life . Says a lot about your narrow minded posts TBH

In terms of quality the current tournament is mediocre, in terms of finance it's clearly a loss leader for tapping into the women's market.

What happens in the future is anybody's guess but this is 2019, the former is my opinion and I stand by it, the latter should have been self-evident but I provided evidence that the professional league down is losing money and that the tournament in question is subsidised and piggybacking on the men's game.

I celebrate diversity in life, hairstyles and bread based products!

27 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

In terms of quality the current tournament is mediocre, in terms of finance it's clearly a loss leader for tapping into the women's market.

What happens in the future is anybody's guess but this is 2019, the former is my opinion and I stand by it, the latter should have been self-evident but I provided evidence that the professional league down is losing money and that the tournament in question is subsidised and piggybacking on the men's game.

I celebrate diversity in life, hairstyles and bread based products!

As all you can say is loss leader, you have demonstrated your needle is stuck....................

I sggest you stay clear of the nasty future as you do obviously dwell in the distant past 

You are entitled to your opinion of course but its one game played by men and women, not two seperate ones................  

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

1. As all you can say is loss leader, you have demonstrated your needle is stuck....................

2. I sggest you stay clear of the nasty future as you do obviously dwell in the distant past 

3. You are entitled to your opinion of course but its one game played by men and women, not two seperate ones................  

1. Because it's true, you've certainly not shown anything to disprove it. Also it's not correct that it's all I have to say - the standard of football is mediocre and the BBC are going overboard in their coverage.

2. I have no fear of a future where society is integrated and tolerant of diversity. 

3. I am entitled to my opinion(s) and the only reason I'm continuing this conversation is to point out they're not what you're suggesting.

PS - Not quite ponytail length yet!

Spoiler

I didn't read it needs, I read that it was done that way before the appointment of a head of women's football.

With some sponsors signed up to 2030 for the rights of all FIFA's world cups, Gents, youth and women. It may have made a mistake and received more from them, following the popularity growth that the women's game is getting.

The evidence I provide to back the above up is the numerous sponsors who are backing the women on par with gents.

PS it's even easier to find as it's not second hand selected quotes from years ago

17 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

I didn't read it needs, I read that it was done that way before the appointment of a head of women's football.

With some sponsors signed up to 2030 for the rights of all FIFA's world cups, Gents, youth and women. It may have made a mistake and received more from them, following the popularity growth that the women's game is getting.

The evidence I provide to back the above up is the numerous sponsors who are backing the women on par with gents.

PS it's even easier to find as it's not second hand selected quotes from years ago emoji14.png

We all select our quotes to back our argument (even you :1eye ) my quotes were about the current tournament, your references to tournaments as much as a decade ahead (a far longer timescale :rolleyes: ) seem pretty unconvincing - if the deals are being bundled up (as you seem to suggest) it doesn't strike me as proof that competitions like the women's WC will be self sustaining even by 2030. :rolleyes:

If you read my initial post you'll see my gripe was with the extravagance of the BBC which only yesterday :whistle announced plans to remove automatic free licences for over 75s.

Again if you read my initial post you'll see I look forward to FIFA dipping into the pockets of men and women with equal efficiency - in this debate I am the true feminist! :lol:

Edited by Bud the Baker