Jump to content

shull

Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

Recommended Posts


5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Could hardly contain myself....woman and football is like men and knitting. Just wrong:snore

A little unfair DJ. 

I thought the lassies put on a good show. 

USA top team.  Scots will have learned a lot from the match. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

A little unfair DJ. 

I thought the lassies put on a good show. 

USA top team.  Scots will have learned a lot from the match. 

Mate, I did actually watch recent womans games and TBH its way over the top . Sportscene now always has 2 men and 2 woman discussing mens football. Lets be honest the standard is probably boys under 14 level. Yeah Yeah I get the equality of the planet. Nothing against woman playing football/rugby/cricket/boxing and cage fighting but way way too much coverage . Most of them are actually trying to be men not a feminist among them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Mate, I did actually watch recent womans games and TBH its way over the top . Sportscene now always has 2 men and 2 woman discussing mens football. Lets be honest the standard is probably boys under 14 level. Yeah Yeah I get the equality of the planet. Nothing against woman playing football/rugby/cricket/boxing and cage fighting but way way too much coverage . Most of them are actually trying to be men not a feminist among them

All I can say is that if Beattie was a guy then She/He might be a good signing at Centre Half.

Feminism? Jings - Whole new topic in there DJ

Role on the day when we are considered to be fully in a post feminist society.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

All I can say is that if Beattie was a guy then She/He might be a good signing at Centre Half.

Feminism? Jings - Whole new topic in there DJ

Role on the day when we are considered to be fully in a post feminist society.

Good centre half for the women’s game . She, like most of those I’ve seen would struggle to attain junior level at best in my opinion.  The over the top support for the women’s game astounds me, overall, the standard doesn’t even reach woeful. ( Particular mention must go to the keepers :rolleyes:)

i agree there are some individuals with good skills but they are in a very small minority . 

I wish them the very best of luck , especially the Saints women’s team and the National team but I won’t be spending my hard earned cash watching them any time soon.

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

Good centre half for the women’s game . She, like most of those I’ve seen would struggle to attain junior level at best in my opinion.  The over the top support for the women’s game astounds me, overall, the standard doesn’t even reach woeful. ( Particular mention must go to the keepers :rolleyes:)

i agree there are many individuals with good skills but they are in a very small minority . 

I wish them the very best of luck , especially the Saints women’s team and the National team but I won’t be spending my hard earned cash watching them any time soon.

No disagreement from me - doesn't stop her from being a decent player in the context of the women's game.

A similar standard for a man in the context of the men's game would be a very decent player.

i'm not suggesting that she could play at international level in the men's game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

All I can say is that if Beattie was a guy then She/He might be a good signing at Centre Half.

Feminism? Jings - Whole new topic in there DJ

Role on the day when we are considered to be fully in a post feminist society.

Which role are you going to take on in such a society? :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mate, I did actually watch recent womans games and TBH its way over the top . Sportscene now always has 2 men and 2 woman discussing mens football. Lets be honest the standard is probably boys under 14 level. Yeah Yeah I get the equality of the planet. Nothing against woman playing football/rugby/cricket/boxing and cage fighting but way way too much coverage . Most of them are actually trying to be men not a feminist among them
"I've nothing against women playing football... But"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, shull said:

Thankfully Ladies dinnae dive or cheat.

I'll bet quite a few of them are Muff Divers. :shockaroony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...