Women's World Cup Final. Yanks v Holland

shull

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Patronising or what? It was mooted by others like you and the women don't want it. They want to be equal. There are women over 6 ft tall and male goalkeepers under 5 ft 11"

What 

The first women's game we attended was the final qualifier we won 2-1 against the Swiss. The Swiss celebrated like they had qualified at the end because we had to win by 2 to get the head to head advantage before the final game.

Karma bit them as they fell to a draw and we won. Happy Days!

A lot of good technical skill and ability going forward - a wee bit to do on the defensive side - there's going to be goals to today.

And a Scotland victory

The hype is working, quite looking forward to this today. 
Yep agreed. In the past I wouldn't have considered watching women's football. A poor bit of pre-judgement on my part.

I've even started reading up on the saints women's team - hopefully that gets some investment as well as we are in the bottom tier.

1 hour ago, gstretchuk said:

Honestly..wouldn't open my curtains if this was getting played in my garden...honestly could not name one single player at women's world cup....cannot see the attraction or the fuss of this at all...

You seem to revel in highlighting your own ignorance.

On 6/8/2019 at 10:53 AM, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Let's take it a stage further, half the size of the pitch, use one of these instead of a "real" ball........................Image result for plastic football

I'm pretty sure they do actually use a smaller ball in women's football.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:04 AM, faraway saint said:

Womens World Cup kicks off tonight. (Could have started another thread but I'll leave that to other zoomers)

The first game, France v South Korea.

The fact this game is being shown live on mainstream TV, BBC1, shows how far womens football has come, especially in the last 4 or 5 years. 

The viewing figures will be interesting, especially for Scotland v England game on Sunday.

Women's football is being hyped in the media but public reality seems to be different. I've not heard one single person talk about the world cup.

Apart from the 18,000 crowd the other week, run of the mill women's games have hardly anyone turning up to watch.

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

You seem to revel in highlighting your own ignorance.

Kemp..another person who post builds and is afraid to say what he thinks incase he upsets his forum chums...ffs say what u really think and have an opinion of ur own...dont agree even when u disagree just to try and stay on right-side of sweepers wee gang..it really is bordering on pathetic..

Edited by gstretchuk

Penalties for that type of incident have been a shitfest for years in football.

Willie Collum would have booked her as well. That's one of his signature moves.

I'm not sure that they'e going down the right road with the changes to the law,  but it's very hard to come up with a law that will work for these handballs.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez