DIDDY CUP....2017/18

HSS

2 minutes ago, TopCat said:

This fecking cup again!

I'm sure that if we had lost to Albion Rovers in the first round last year (as we almost did) we'd have finished with a lot more points in the league.

Play the kids and if we lose, good, if we don't keep playing them for first team experience throughout the competition.

I'm sure if we lose at home to East Kilbride you won't mention it or use it to criticise the manager in any way.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, scottd said:

I'm sure if we lose at home to East Kilbride you won't mention it or use it to criticise the manager in any way.:rolleyes:

What a game- Billy Starks home coming - 200 Neds from EK ............  What a time to be alive!!!

If Carlsberg did football competitions- I cant call a winner its just such a exciting prospect

Think World Cup Final 1970-----

Just now, scottd said:

Spot on. 

Make a go of the League Cup and the Scottish Cup, runs there actually mean something.  Let's get out this tin pot cup asap for the good of the club.

21 minutes ago, TopCat said:

This fecking cup again!

I'm sure that if we had lost to Albion Rovers in the first round last year (as we almost did) we'd have finished with a lot more points in the league.

Play the kids and if we lose, good, if we don't keep playing them for first team experience throughout the competition.

Nonsense! The 2 cup runs were the catalyst to our survival in the league. Without them we wouldn't have got a winning mentality to negotiate our way out of trouble

8 minutes ago, 17/03/13 said:

Nonsense! The 2 cup runs were the catalyst to our survival in the league. Without them we wouldn't have got a winning mentality to negotiate our way out of trouble

Very true the team needed they games to gel together and it all fell into place the second half against the new saint's. (Even wee Steve mallan received his man of the match bottle of irn bru after that game) 

Looking forward to seeing us play a new team and welcoming Billy Stark back home.

Draw in full.......

Irn Bru Challenge Cup first round

North Section

Aberdeen U20 v St Johnstone U20

Buckie Thistle v Brechin City

Dundee U20 v Alloa Athletic

Dundee United v Cowdenbeath

Dunfermline Athletic v Arbroath

East Fife v Peterhead

Formartine United v Hearts U20

Hibernian U20 v Elgin City

Raith Rovers v Brora Rangers

Ross County U20 v Forfar Athletic

Stenhousemuir v Cove Rangers

Stirling Albion v Montrose

South Section

Albion Rovers v Spartans

Annan Athletic v Celtic U20

Clyde v Stranraer

Dumbarton v Rangers U20

East Stirlingshire v Ayr United

Greenock Morton v Livingston

Hamilton Accies U20 v Edinburgh City

Kilmarnock U20 v Berwick Rangers

Motherwell U20 v Queen's Park

Partick Thistle U20 v Stirling University

Queen of the South v Airdrieonians

St Mirren v East Kilbride

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

This fecking cup again!

Aye, lets see how you would react if we did that !!

ETA : Just noticed Scottd thought the same !

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

What a game- Billy Starks home coming - 200 Neds from EK ............  What a time to be alive!!!
If Carlsberg did football competitions- I cant call a winner its just such a exciting prospect

Think World Cup Final 1970-----

OI!
There are more 'neds' in my home town of Paisley than my adopted home of EK.

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

OI!
There are more 'neds' in my home town of Paisley than my adopted home of EK.

Appalling ........... the  Paisley Neds are now all out fox hunting and listening with intent to the Queens Speech

Pass the Port !!!!

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

This fecking cup again!

I would argue the TNS game was the match that turned our season around !

Winning breeds winning - no need to treat any game differently.

14 hours ago, guinness said:

See on BBC it says being played weekend of 15/16 Aug. Is that not a Tues /wed. Do the people who run the game not own a calendar

SPFL website says

"Ties to be played on the midweek of August 15/16"

Does this mean the midweek before or the midweek after?

Hamilton Accies U20 v Edinburgh City

Partick Thistle U20 v Stirling University......

etc.

With invited Welsh & Irish diddies still to show up. Without doubt, the biggest, most stinking, rancid pile of manufactured shite. This keech should be taken to a football abbatoir and shot through the eyes with a bolt gun. Today.

Edited by pozbaird

There are 17 teams in the Development League with teams from the Championship finishing higher up the League than teams from the Premier League. Yet only premier U20s are playing in the diddy cup. Why?

I may have gone along to watch St Mirren v St Mirren U20s but I won't be watching St Mirren play any other colt team in this charade.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

There are 17 teams in the Development League with teams from the Championship finishing higher up the League than teams from the Premier League. Yet only premier U20s are playing in the diddy cup. Why?

I may have gone along to watch St Mirren v St Mirren U20s but I won't be watching St Mirren play any other colt team in this charade.

The answer is that the competition is gerry-mandered artificial shite. 

IMO, the colts being added is to make more money for SPL clubs, rather than for any SPFL club. It is a total farce bringing colt teams in!! I said that last year as well when the 'foreign' teams being added made me suspicious, but I was willing to try it, albeit for a good away game for us, but that didn't happen. I don't think I'll be making an effort to attend these matches, so Johnstone Burgh (if they remain solvent) will be getting a new supporter when these games are on

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I agree.

That makes no sense whatsoever!!  :wacko:

You're always supposed to add "with Drew" after those three words.

(Though as I've never withdrawn in my life, I must confess to not really understanding the phrase, myself....   :unsure: )

57 minutes ago, antrin said:

That makes no sense whatsoever!!  :wacko:

You're always supposed to add "with Drew" after those three words.

(Though as I've never withdrawn in my life, I must confess to not really understanding the phrase, myself....   :unsure: )

Never withdrawn in your life ! Are you the guy with umpteen weans and claiming sqillions on child benefit ?