Le Tour 2017 - who'll be mellow in yellow?

Bud the Baker

tough mountain stage on wednesday, if froome is in yellow

on wednesday evening all he has to do is have a good time in the time trial

in marseilles next saturday and thats it. 

four time winner of the tour de france and not even won the bbc sports

personality of the year, and bradley tue wiggins one time winner is a knight of the realm,

theres something fucked up about that.

Edited by Hoof Hearted

Good stage today.....

Tony Martin going solo with 65km to go, Barguil possibly moving into the Top 10 in the GC

Froome just punctured and isolated from his Sky teammates, AG2R going for it.

Barguil catches Martin on the climb, Landa drops back to pace Froome to the GC group.

Still a bit of drama to come today methinks......

In the end Froome & Sky look strong going into the last week.......

Adam Hansen currently 95th - check out my pre-race prediction on P1!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Another exciting stage today with a great performance from the wee biker Mollema , an accomplished pro and one time GC contender.

I thought the AG2r robots did well too but not well enough obviously to shell out Froome who showed clearly why he is a champion by getting back on the GC bunch. Froome was unlucky to get the puncture but well done to his team mate for giving him his wheel , to minimise the Froome time loses . .

Rest day tomorrow and then back to some great racing on Tuesday as we enter the final week with the Champs de Elysee now on the horizon. .B)

On ‎15‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, Hoof Hearted said:

four time winner of the tour de france and not even won the bbc sports

personality of the year, and bradley tue wiggins one time winner is a knight of the realm,

theres something fucked up about that.

Bradley Wiggins was the first Brit to win the T de F. That's why he got a knighthood.

Roger Bannister got a knighthood for being the first person to run a mile in under 4 mins.

Chris O'Hare has ran the mile 7 seconds faster than Bannister. Should he also get a knighthood?

Indeed, 2 Scots, O'Hare and Jake Wightman, both ran the mile in under 4 mins last year. Should they both get knightoods? Charlie Grice as well? Andy Baddeley?

Should every Brit who has climbed Mount Everest since Edmund Hilary get a knighthood?

Edited by mcdowell76

1 hour ago, mcdowell76 said:

Bradley Wiggins was the first Brit to win the T de F. That's why he got a knighthood.

Roger Bannister got a knighthood for being the first person to run a mile in under 4 mins.

Chris O'Hare has ran the mile 7 seconds faster than Bannister. Should he also get a knighthood?

Indeed, 2 Scots, O'Hare and Jake Wightman, both ran the mile in under 4 mins last year. Should they both get knightoods? Charlie Grice as well? Andy Baddeley?

Should every Brit who has climbed Mount Everest since Edmund Hilary get a knighthood?

to win the tour de france four times in the clean era is a spectacular and amazing feat, the tour de france

has been compared to doing a marathon every day for three weeks, in my opinion infinitely superior to

what bradley wiggins has achieved.

Miguel Indurain won the tour five years in a row, I would compare chris froomes

achievements to be as good as this and he is a tour de france legend.

Edited by Hoof Hearted

3 minutes ago, Hoof Hearted said:

to win the tour de france four times in the clean era is a spectacular, the tour de france

has been compared to doing a marathon every day for three weeks, in my opinion

infinitely superior to what bradley wiggins has achieved.

Miguel Indurain won the tour five years in a row, I would compare chris froomes

achievements as good as this.

Certainly an argument to made for Froome to get a knighthood. I'm sure it'll come.

Just as long as no-one finds the hidden motor....

I would disagree though that its like doing a marathon every day for three weeks. Another one for a good debate though!

11 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Certainly an argument to made for Froome to get a knighthood. I'm sure it'll come.

I would disagree though that its like doing a marathon every day for three weeks. Another one for a good debate though!

knighthoods are pish, jimmy saville got one for kiddie fiddling.

Froome deserves more recognition, he is certainly less popular than wiggins

in the uk.

Is this  because froome is Kenyan born or because he went against team

orders during wiggins tour win?

Edited by Hoof Hearted

1 minute ago, foxbarsaints said:

They'll only mention he Kenyan once he loses could be awhile though.

johanna konta was born in australia and represented them until 2012,

yet because she has nipples you could hang a wet duffel coat on

she is the darling of the british media.

45 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

I have never ran a marathon but I reckon the analogy will be fairly close . Certainly the first couple of hours of a day are easy and even I could hang on to the bunch however once they increase the speed to chase down a breakaway , only a seasoned pro could hang on. 

A neighbour of mine who is a cyclist did the Amatuer Tour de Force , which does the same route 1 week ahead. It took him a year to prepare and a year to recover . 

If Froome does get the 4 then a knighthood should be in the offing as I doubt he will manage a 5th but you can never be certain. .

one thing is certain , Tour riders are much fitter than your average Premier league footballer. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

1 hour ago, Hoof Hearted said:

knighthoods are pish, jimmy saville got one for kiddie fiddling.

Froome deserves more recognition, he is certainly less popular than wiggins

in the uk.

Is this  because froome is Kenyan born or because he went against team

orders during wiggins tour win?

wiggins is Belgian born to an Australian dad mind you....

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I have never ran a marathon but I reckon the analogy will be fairly close . Certainly the first couple of hours of a day are easy and even I could hang on to the bunch however once they increase the speed to chase down a breakaway , only a seasoned pro could hang on. 

A neighbour of mine who is a cyclist did the Amatuer Tour de Force , which does the same route 1 week ahead. It took him a year to prepare and a year to recover . 

If Froome does get the 4 then a knighthood should be in the offing as I doubt he will manage a 5th but you can never be certain. .

one thing is certain , Tour riders are much fitter than your average Premier league footballer. .

I have run a couple of marathons but although I do a lot of cycling, never a cycling race.

I think its an interesting debate. I don't believe that you would be able to run a marathon at all out race pace every day for 3 weeks. I reckon the pace would need to drop substantially. You also don't really get the drafting effect in running (albeit they did in the Nike sub 2 hour effort but using runners and a car with a big fecking clock!).

Agree about footballers. Lack of fitness and effort is probably why so many kids in Scotland with talent never make it.