Championship Odds for next season.

Anyone know of any bookies giving odds for us to win the league next season yet?

All of the main online/high street  bookies aren't showing anything for the Scottish leagues below the Prem yet.

i would imagine Dundee Utd will be favourites, with another couple of teams ahead of us in the betting, wanted to lump on us soon as the odds came out, Im guessing we will be around the 8/1 to 10/1 mark.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Who are the favourites for the Scottish Prem?:D  Geez its Celtic at 1/7 that's worth a grand 

I reckon we are fourth  fav and I would suggest 15-1 would be closer.

1.United

2. Caley

3. Falkirk

4 Us 

I think the bookies will have Morton and Dunfermline and QoS priced slightly above us aswell, they'll be going more on last years positions rather than our late season form or good signings so far.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Who are the favourites for the Scottish Prem?:D  Geez its Celtic at 1/7 that's worth a grand 

I reckon we are fourth  fav and I would suggest 15-1 would be closer.

1.United

2. Caley

3. Falkirk

4 Us 

If I get 15/1 I'll be placing my largest bet ever, lumped on us st 20/1 99/00 season, that was nice

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

I think the bookies will have Morton and Dunfermline and QoS priced slightly above us aswell, they'll be going more on last years positions rather than our late season form or good signings so far.

Good , better odds suits fine..... they can make us 500-1 if they want:D

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

Bookies don't stay rich by ignoring facts and looking deeper into things. I think they will be going on the fact we had a great end to the season and have continuity of players. That should cut the odds until they see who's betting on whom.

36 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Bookies don't stay rich by ignoring facts and looking deeper into things. I think they will be going on the fact we had a great end to the season and have continuity of players. That should cut the odds until they see who's betting on whom.

That's a fair point, but all of them don't always get it right.

Theres so many to choose from these days, I'll guarantee a few will base it on last seasons league positions, so I'll be keeping a look out for the best odds available and opening an account ( if I've not got one with that particular bookie already) and lumping on straight away before they cut the odds. 

Edited by Jimmy H

14 minutes ago, Jimmy H said:

That's a fair point, but all of them don't always get it right.

Theres so many to choose from these days, I'll guarantee a few will base it on last seasons league positions, so I'll be keeping a look out for the best odds available and opening an account ( if I've not got one with that particular bookie already) and lumping on straight away before they cut the odds. 

Should be great odds as we were equal 9th. :rolleyes:

a reckon we will be 12/15,s,probably 5th favourite's,a think Caley in for a big shock and be lucky to stay in top half of table

We'll be under 10's. Bookies don't pay much attention to lower league Scotland but they're not that daft. There will certainly be value though

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Exactly, and the only real facts are that we finished joint 9th last year. Whether we've built a strong team in pre-season is only a matter of opinion.

19 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I'd agree with this - for the last nine games, we were top of the form table with 18 points - Morton got 4.  We'll be fourth favourites at about 7 or 8-1 behind United, Caley and Falkirk, with Dunfermline and QOS not far behind us.

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Bookies go on last season's form last 6 to 8 games I reckon 8/1 time will tell. 

I don't know about that but I certainly think they'll look at trends and the fact we have kept most of the players who gave us that great run. We are in alongside or ahead of most of our rivals in collecting our pool of players.

9 minutes ago, Scotia83 said:

Saints 11/4 2nd favourites behind Dundee Utd ...with mcbookie ...total shite prices 

Agree the odds are shorter than most would have expected.

It's also a sign that this bookie see's us as a major contender.

Time will tell.

PS You'll get better odds on Poz making a post without TRYING to be funny. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint