Lewis Morgan

22 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Even when Morgan isn't at his best (eg Morton game) he was still at the heart of most of our most dangerous moves - most of our shots came through him, he was brought down for the penalty and laid on the pass for Reilly when he was brought down.

Indeed.

He might be going through a relatively quiet spell, but we're not good enough to do without him IMO, even when he's not at his best.

9 hours ago, Drew said:

I see Lewis' mammy is talking about chucking Twitter on account of people seemingly having a dig about his recent performances.

Yes, his form has dipped, but it just goes to show how important he is to our team. I'm sure things will pick up for him again, and he will be key to how the season plays out, depending on how long he stays.

Having a go at the lad via his mother's Twitter account is piss poor.

Lewis could get loads of pressure off his shoulders by signing a one year extension with us and focussing on winning the league, and then having a year in the top league in Scotland.. This is a good stepping stone.  Less money in the short term, but a guaranteed place in a first team and room to improve and gain better experience for the rest of his career/life. Surely better than sitting on an under 23 bench for the next 2 seasons down south or at the old firm - while being told to bulk up and wait for his time to come etc.?

Lewis you are fab, but there is room for improvement while you are still plenty young - under the J's you are in the best place for the next 18 months.. come on - get the pressure off your shoulders and get your focus on a championship winning medal, a cup run, scoring 20 goals or more in a season and a few more Scotland under 21caps.. you have plenty time ahead for bigger things.. ( I don't think you would get into an old firm 1st team in the next 18 months as you are at the moment)

Sorry for his parents having crap slung at their boy.. He is a star in the making, already shinning for us often.. more time, greater consistency, more preparation and hopefully someday a big star for the full national team.. and boy do we need some of them..

In the mean time - easy solution to getting the form back on track...  understand your position and your agents advice BUT  .....

Wish you well in every game ahead  (unless someday you are playing against the Paisley Saints.

Morgan will probably get a day off tomorrow.
That's plenty rest.
He is a PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYER.
If Ross  rests anybody from the Cup Tie, he can leave our Club .

I don't think he should 'rest' anyone. As you say, professional footballers. It's not like we've even been stacked with fixtures as well recently (even the boys on international duty)

I would like to see a few fringe players and youngsters feature. Bottom line is we are playing an amateur (assuming here, can't be bothered checking) team. Not only should the fringe players be more than enough, I wouldn't want to overlay risk injuries and it's not like this sort of game will be a learning experience or important for match sharpness for our players. Probably get more out of a bounce game against similar sized teams.

20 hours ago, Drew said:

I see Lewis' mammy is talking about chucking Twitter on account of people seemingly having a dig about his recent performances.

Yes, his form has dipped, but it just goes to show how important he is to our team. I'm sure things will pick up for him again, and he will be key to how the season plays out, depending on how long he stays.

Having a go at the lad via his mother's Twitter account is piss poor.

Oh God surly not who are these people who bring shame to the club. If they post on twitter they obviously post on BAWA this sort of thing really starts to make me feel ashamed wish these mindless idiots could be identified and banned from the club they are not St Mirren supporters.

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Oh God surly not who are these people who bring shame to the club. If they post on twitter they obviously post on BAWA this sort of thing really starts to make me feel ashamed wish these mindless idiots could be identified and banned from the club they are not St Mirren supporters.

Given the abuse that has been directed at our goalkeeper on here , I know who my money would be on .

Lewis Morgan is having a dip in form , thats it. It happens to the best of them.

He is a young man with the weight of expectation on his shoulders and the speculation of a possible / almost certain move to cope with, its understandable that he may not be as focussed as he should be at the moment. 

The guy is a class player playing under a manager who understands him and will continue to nurture and support him.  Those abusing him on twitter ( i dont do twitter so dont know what form of abuse this is and how severe) need to get a grip.

As for his Mum not being happy about this , what Mother wouldnt get upset about her son or daughter getting hassle ?

Could it be these trolls on Twitter are supporters of other clubs on the wind up, ie Morton, I can’t see why any St Mirren supporters would go on the internet abusing one of our own, especially the player who has been a standout for us this season.

You could be right, I hope you are. I've tried to find them on twitter but not found anything but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I did see Mrs Morgans tweet about staying off it.

I find it bad enough that any of our players get shite on Twitter from us it's even worse if it's a players mother.

8 minutes ago, Hambud said:

You could be right, I hope you are. I've tried to find them on twitter but not found anything but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I did see Mrs Morgans tweet about staying off it.

I find it bad enough that any of our players get shite on Twitter from us it's even worse if it's a players mother.

I didn't check  through Mrs M's timeline. I was just going on what she had tweeted, to be honest. She did seem a bit upset about it, though.

Edited by Drew

• 5 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It's in bold writting on the back page of the Daily Mail this morning. 

The article goes on to say Morgan would be loaned back , Forest , Preston also want him. Celtic also want Dundee defender Hendry both players were in the stand for the Anderlecht game.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The article goes on to say Morgan would be loaned back , Forest , Preston also want him. Celtic also want Dundee defender Hendry both players were in the stand for the Anderlecht game.

Watching from the stand will be good preparations for what will be ahead if he signs for the Tic..

Understand the glamour and money - but I would rather be playing every game that 30th choice for the 1st team..

OK over time he should develop - but he will need more than 6 months 1st team football with us..I think a season with us in the premiership would be a much better preparation for him.

He is good but he is not a 1st 11 cert in a premiership team just yet - certainly not 1 of the top 8 sides. I know others may disagree - but I don't think he has shown the consistency or the stamina for 90 minutes that is required every week for the higher level. I know guys who bang in the goals get away with that more than say defenders would, but he will find it harder to bang in the goals at the next level up too.

Remember Mallan ... how's his transfer working out for his playing progress?

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Watching from the stand will be good preparations for what will be ahead if he signs for the Tic..

Understand the glamour and money - but I would rather be playing every game that 30th choice for the 1st team..

OK over time he should develop - but he will need more than 6 months 1st team football with us..I think a season with us in the premiership would be a much better preparation for him.

He is good but he is not a 1st 11 cert in a premiership team just yet - certainly not 1 of the top 8 sides. I know others may disagree - but I don't think he has shown the consistency or the stamina for 90 minutes that is required every week for the higher level. I know guys who bang in the goals get away with that more than say defenders would, but he will find it harder to bang in the goals at the next level up too.

Remember Mallan ... how's his transfer working out for his playing progress?

Given Morgan can sign a PCA in January shellic dont need to sign him and pay a transfer fee, they might after unsettling him try and agree a compromise with us for him to go in January, with a development and sell on fee sweetener.

if they did pay the full transfer fee for him in January to stymie any other club trying to wangle a PCA I think they would loan him out in the Premiership to get higher league experience under his belt, rather than send him back to us and games against Brechin, Dumbarton etc....

Morgan is holding all the cards.