Lewis Morgan

We have done very well here if the reported 300k + add ons is accurate. Could have walked for buttons if it dragged out till the summer. Win win for us as we get to keep him for the remainder of the season and can in the meantime work on finding a replacement without a gap being left.

Have to be happy with that as has been written could have walked for nothing plus we get Morgan till the end of the season. Morgan had a huge part to play on this Jack is documented in saying Morgan wanted to make sure Saints were rewarded for giving him the platform and that he wanted to stay until the end of the season to help our promotion push what a legend not many players take their club into consideration.

7 minutes ago, Stu said:

The suggestion I have heard is that if everything goes well over the next six months we might get him on loan next season too, although I'd assume we would have to get promoted for that to be a possibility.

Just remember Tony's prediction we will be Premiership Champs next season, with Celtic peaked, Sevco in turmoil and McInnes more than likely to jump ship at least every 6 months- its game on:D

Title will straight face off between Saints and Killie next season

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

The suggestion I have heard is that if everything goes well over the next six months we might get him on loan next season too, although I'd assume we would have to get promoted for that to be a possibility.

I'd wondered if this might be possible. Certainly won't happen if we're not in the Prem.

No complaints about this deal.

Rodgers rates Jack and knows he has a good relationship with Morgan, so this was always the best option in terms of a loan back deal (possibly extended).

If Lewis had signed for a club dahn saaf, it would have been more likely to resemble the Mallan situation, with no loan back and the player getting  little first team action.

Lewis can stay at home with his mammy, will be getting a hefty pay rise, and will know that he'll have a better chance of featuring for Celtic in the future if he continues to do well with us.

Oh, and £300K with add ones is better than a poke in the eye with a stick given the circumstances.

I wish him all the best and I think if reports are correct that he wanted to give something back to us for giving him a platform then that's commendable.

Would he able to play against them in the Scottish Cup after we pump Aberdeen?  Because he'll be Cup Tied for them.  Just a thought.

17 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

I wish him all the best and I think if reports are correct that he wanted to give something back to us for giving him a platform then that's commendable.

Would he able to play against them in the Scottish Cup after we pump Aberdeen?  Because he'll be Cup Tied for them.  Just a thought.

If he's with us til the end of the season I doubt that will be a factor. He's already listed as our player for the Scottish Cup

I do find it strange the amount of posters commenting positively on the Lewis Morgan fiasco as yet again the club turns, bends and takes it up the Gary Glitter from the Old Firm.

Getting £300k and a loan till season end, then (with the blessing of Allah) facing said star ripping us a new one at least four times next season... oh yes then there's the add-ons, funny thing is we havent seen a penny in add-ons thus far, and if Mallan& McAllister etc forge a decent career in the lower leagues down south we may never see a bean in add-ons.

why on earth was Morgan not offered a bumper two-year contract over a year a go that would have kept the club in the driving seat, and seen a seven figure fee up front, with add-ons next summer..?

ask yourself... how much have Dundee Utd seen thus far in add-ons from Parkhead..? 

Surprised they havent put the January sale sign up yet... Bargain Basement.

IMG_1564.JPG

I made the mistake (albeit entertaining) of looking at Pitiful's post above, despite having him on ignore.

FFS, the guy is even more deranged than he was when I stuck him on my list. He's living in a f**king fantasy world.  Delusional doesn't cover it:lol:

10 minutes ago, Drew said:

I made the mistake (albeit entertaining) of looking at Pitiful's post above, despite having him on ignore.

FFS, the guy is even more deranged than he was when I stuck him on my list. He's living in a f**king fantasy world.  Delusional doesn't cover it:lol:

Am I still in the list..........Christmas list I mean? :P

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

There was a post on Twitter or Facebook over the weekend moaning about us having undersoil heating as it meant fans were forced to go to the game in the cold rather than have it called off. I did wonder if that was the bold Lord. Dunno if anyone who saw it can confirm.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

I do find it strange the amount of posters commenting positively on the Lewis Morgan fiasco as yet again the club turns, bends and takes it up the Gary Glitter from the Old Firm.

Getting £300k and a loan till season end, then (with the blessing of Allah) facing said star ripping us a new one at least four times next season... oh yes then there's the add-ons, funny thing is we havent seen a penny in add-ons thus far, and if Mallan& McAllister etc forge a decent career in the lower leagues down south we may never see a bean in add-ons.

why on earth was Morgan not offered a bumper two-year contract over a year a go that would have kept the club in the driving seat, and seen a seven figure fee up front, with add-ons next summer..?

ask yourself... how much have Dundee Utd seen thus far in add-ons from Parkhead..?

IMG_1564.JPG

What a complete load of delusional pish.

When was the last time St. Mirren or any other team like St. Mirren offered anybody a "bumper contract"? There's a reason for that.

Add ons/sell ons protect both the buying club and the selling club. They ensure that the bigger buying club doesn't have to pay the diddy selling club an unrealistic fee for a player who is largely unproven at any significant level. Whilst at the same time ensuring that if the player turns out to be a good as the selling club thinks they are, then they get rewarded properly in the future.

If Dundee Utd have made nothing on sell on clauses from Celtic, it's because the players in question have turned out to be pish. The only player I can think of who has moved from Utd to Celtic with any level of success is Armstrong and in his case, there is still every chance Utd could benefit from a sell on clause.

There is merit in what LP says but these days players are probably not best advised (career wise that is) and are ushered / guided by their agents towards possibly their one big pay day. Is Morgan likely to get a game with them next year? I would have thought no, so there may be a fair old chance he could be back in Paisley on loan, if we go up that is.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

IMG_1564.JPG

Why do you need to put a negative spin on a positive? The player refused to sign a new deal. We cannot do anything else other than offer him the best terms we can and even at that if the player wants to move, then so let it be. The boy has his head screwed on and even wants the club to benefit a better return than we would have got in the summer.

Do you really think 300k (let's forget add-ons) is a terrible deal for a player who will walk for peanuts in the summer?

59 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What a complete load of delusional pish.

When was the last time St. Mirren or any other team like St. Mirren offered anybody a "bumper contract"? There's a reason for that.

Add ons/sell ons protect both the buying club and the selling club. They ensure that the bigger buying club doesn't have to pay the diddy selling club an unrealistic fee for a player who is largely unproven at any significant level. Whilst at the same time ensuring that if the player turns out to be a good as the selling club thinks they are, then they get rewarded properly in the future.

If Dundee Utd have made nothing on sell on clauses from Celtic, it's because the players in question have turned out to be pish. The only player I can think of who has moved from Utd to Celtic with any level of success is Armstrong and in his case, there is still every chance Utd could benefit from a sell on clause.

McLean was a good Deal for Aberdeen

McGinn was a good deal fir Hibs

Naismith was a good deal for County

McAllister was a good deal for Derby

Mallan was a good deal for Barnsley

Morgan is a good deal for Celtic....

theres six clubs that know how to get a good deal for themselves, notice anyone missing off that list..?