Lewis Morgan

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I am happy that we have him to season end- he will be inspired and in a good place to really help the cause

The money side is pathetic so I agree with comments above, if we get 260k for Mallan we should get 750k for Morgan

Last season Cummings at Hibs was 1.2 m, and of course McGinn will be way over that............... I think Morgan is better than Cummings, the guy who famously got Hibs relegated by his stone wall misses...... struggling with a bottom third Chamionship team,

I think there is more to this, and the relationship that JR has with BR, I can see some other loanees coming our way if we get promoted..........

We have always been stepping stones.....

Fitzy 250k

McGarvey 300k

But you could argue with the obvious exceptions of Ian Ferguson, Stark and Macca, most bombed .....................

Still think it should/could have been 500k plus him back, but the loaned back part is the reason to why we are not getting what he is worth......

Promotion is worth a lot to us, so that has been a factor,  but Tic sure have taken advantage of it

I'm confused by these posts. It's a completely different question 'what is his value' 'what will we get' I think it's fair to say everyone values him way higher than what we could ever sell him for because of his contract length. The money we got was how much we would be owed at the end of his contract (roughly) buy and loan back achieves the same as him signing a pre-contract. The only way we would have got more is if he wasn't getting loaned back to us. If that was Celtic's wishes i would be disappointed if St Mirren had accepted less than £1 million. 

A year ago we were facing relegation to the 3rd tier of Scottish football. Why would we offer a players a 4.5 year deal at a huge wage rise when we were plummeting downwards? And why would Lewis commit himself to a Club in freefall? It is what it is. Of course I would have loved far more money but if we had been an established club in the Premiership we have far more chance of offering players longer contracts and far more chance of them signing those contracts.

Edited by Sonny

4 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

I don't know they just splashed out a million for their new signing

Where's the money coming from

Someone stupid enough to give them money?

Also, I saw some quotes from blue bigot followers on P&B and they were gloriously incandescent at the fact they had released him and that he was signing for the green bigots.

Edited by FTOF

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Someone stupid enough to give them money?

Also, I saw some quotes from blue bigot followers on P&B and they were gloriously incandescent at the fact they had released him and that he was signing for the green bigots.

Much as this aspect of the deal is amusing to some degree, it's a shame that Lewis is being dragged into the  nasty bigot-fest shite.

Plenty of unsavoury stuff already flying around on Twitter (and no doubt elsewhere).

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, Drew said:

Much as this aspect of the deal is amusing to some degree, it's a shame that Lewis is being dragged into the  nasty bigot-fest shite.

Plenty of unsavoury stuff already flying around on Twitter (and no doubt elsewhere).

Don't agree at all. He lives up here , he knows the score re the Old Scum , if he chooses to attach himself to either half then he should know the consequences , he had other choices remember!

Just now, Hambud said:
3 hours ago, bazil85 said:
Haven't seen one comment ever 'abusing' Longwell or saying he was doing anything but an excellent job. 

There's been a few over the years. It's died down since he left the club but I found an old thread recently somewhere and he was getting slagged.

What could people say bad about him? Also using the term 'abusing' was it actually 'abusing' comments or just people making comment? I know in the snowflake times we live in a lot of people can't tell the difference though haha. 

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

Don't agree at all. He lives up here , he knows the score re the Old Scum , if he chooses to attach himself to either half then he should know the consequences , he had other choices remember!

So you reckon tweets referring to him as a "turncoat ******** bastard" are fair enough in the circumstances.

I think its a shame that any talented young Scottish player's career is coloured in this way.

1 hour ago, st jock said:
1 hour ago, shull said:
Morgan could have easily signed a 4 and a half year Contract with us two years ago. 
Best wishes to Lewis till after we win League and maybe Scottish Cup.
After that I don't care. 
Horrible to see him  in that Top and all its stands for. 
Sectarianism, Bigotry and hatred. 
Hopefully, he will get a move to England before that despicable Club go bust or get thrown out of Scottish football, along with Sevco FC 2012. 
We should really be receiving a million pounds for him today. 
He should have signed a bigger extension for us. 

Was he offered a 4 1/2 year contract?

Daft question 

So you reckon tweets referring to him as a "turncoat ******** bastard" are fair enough in the circumstances.
I think its a shame that any talented young Scottish player's career is coloured in this way.

You trying to say that he wouldn't have been expecting the abuse ? He made the decision , he needs to live with it , and , worryingly , he needs keep his mind on helping us get out of this league !

What could people say bad about him? Also using the term 'abusing' was it actually 'abusing' comments or just people making comment? I know in the snowflake times we live in a lot of people can't tell the difference though haha. 
Go check the Craig Slater thread in the 'Other Football' thread that may give you a taste.

Might not be abuse as such but a lot of negative posts.

Saw one on FB which was a screenshot tweet saying , “Just what we need - another f**king h*n “ that’s the mentality of a sizeable portion of both sides of the Auld arse.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I think it's a shame yeah but he's big and seemingly grounded enough to take it with a pinch of salt. Fact of the matter is this, had Rangers not f**ked about when Lewis was a kid, he'd have stayed at Ibrox, he'd have made the grade and they'd never have had to worry about him in a Celtic shirt. 

Fact of the matter is that he is now getting potentially life changing pay (even 3 or 4k a week is enough to set you up pretty nicely) when he could just as easily been on the scrapheap. 

Much like Kirk Broadfoot and Darren McGregor, when afforded a similar chance,  how can you argue with the money on the table? 

I am sure somebody on here must have read somewhere that there will be a future selling on fee for us if Morgan gets transferred elsewhere. 

It is the weekend and the usual suspects are getting tanked up and spewing out the abuse. 

Sad