Lewis Morgan

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not correct, if he signed a pre-contract you still have to pay the compensation, that's not just a sum of cash (can be but nothing to say it has to be). The buying club can offer on what portion is cash, what is add-ons and what is sell on percentage but the overall perceived value will be whatever the compensation is. Look at John McGinn, the comp owed was higher than what hibs wanted to pay, we refused to budge until they made up the shortfall with a 33% sell-on clause. 

Example - say we were owed £500k comp for Morgan, we could demand that but Celtic might say 'how about £300k and a 15% sell on' if there is a stalemate it goes to tribunal. They can then uphold the £500k owed or deem the offer of £300k + 15% is reasonable. 

I disagree.:)

I think you've been sniffing the Xmas sherry.

Edited by FTOF

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

the Celtic chiefs would have to be sniffing something a lot stronger than Sherry to sign a player now for twice the price they could sign him for in 11 days :lol:

I've no idea what you're on about.

I was agreeing with they guy who said we'd have received no add ons, if Morgan had signed on a pre-contract, which we wouldn't have, as other than any pre-specified compensation we received, the deal wouldn't have involved any financial negotiations with the club.

Are you a Paultorfason alias?

Edited by FTOF

Guest TPAFKATS
With some of the utter shite posted on here I'm surprised any player ever considers signing for us, we really have some absolute roasters in our support !
Indeed.
Thankfully, at least as far as your point in concerned, there are teams out there with larger numbers of roasters than us [emoji106]

Just now, FTOF said:

I've no idea what you're on about.

I was agreeing with they guy who said we'd have received no add ons, if Morgan had signed on a pre-contract, which we wouldn't have, as other than any compensation we received, the deal wouldn't have involved any negotiations with the club.

Are you a Paultorfason alias?

And I'm saying that guy is wrong.  What about the McGinn saga? The fee and sell-on was agreed between St Mirren and Hibs (add-ons/ sell ons same thing for this conversation)  before tribunal. If a player signs a pre-contact deal the club buying him owe X amount when the deal is completed. That value can relatively easily be calculated as a sum of money. What the buying club can then do is negotiate and say instead of giving you X amount can we give you a smaller amount with add ons/ sell ons. It then goes through negotiations like any other deal.  That makes perfect since because it can benefit the buying and selling club. 

Are you one of the ones that think Celtic are going to pay us way more than they have to for Morgan out the kindness of their hearts? :lol:

Just now, DLBud said:

So you’ve said on a number of occasions. Please see my earlier post about predictably nauseating drivel and trying to stay relevant.

You simply can’t help yourself can you?

I think he believes because Tony has said we're not getting the best deal that somehow means he right with his ridiculous comments that St Mirren should somehow be able to get a better deal on a player with a six month contract or that we should of miraculously changed Lewis Morgan's mind last year and made him sign a longer deal. Lord Pityme clearly has no idea how contracts work... 

He can't seem to differentiate between 'A good deal' and 'A good deal for a player with only six months to run on his contract' odd.

This is the best deal the club could have got for 2 reasons. Morgan's contract was running out and we are getting to keep him till the end of the season. I believe he'll be a major part of us winning the title, I also suspect that we might see some of Celtic's decent young players coming on loan in January.

Players no longer go for big fees from Scottish clubs, that is our reality. Look around the deals for Scottish players at Scottish clubs and you see that. Okay occasionally there have been one million plus deals for players like those at Hamilton but the days of rangers paying exorbitant fees to buy players like Naismith or our very own ferguson nearly thirty years ago are in the past. Daily record has an interesting link that shows the record transfers of present premiership clubs. Few match outs from so long ago. Morgan is going you get the best deal available to us as well as the buying club. It will seldom match the value we put on our players

Guest TPAFKATS
This is the best deal the club could have got for 2 reasons. Morgan's contract was running out and we are getting to keep him till the end of the season. I believe he'll be a major part of us winning the title, I also suspect that we might see some of Celtic's decent young players coming on loan in January.
Here's hoping anyone we get on loan is more McGowan than McMullan

Morgan is a very talented young player and we should enjoy him while we can. As much as he is a talented young player he won't get anywhere near the Celtic first team for quite a while yet should he sign.

It would not surprise me if we were to get him back on loan for next season as well should we get promoted this season.

Celtic signed Aberdeens best player during the summer Jonny Hayes, who had been a real stand out for the second best team in the country for a few season's and he has barely featured for Celtic.

Jack and Brendan seem to have developed a good relationship and I think we might benefit from Morgan's services for a wee bit longer.

I hope Lewis gets the best deal he can as he has been a joy to watch since he first came into the side.

Interested to see how this all pans out but great to see St Mirren bringing through some very talented players.

Keep up the good work St Mirren Academy.