Lewis Morgan

We really have to give him a contract beyond this year and then allow him to go for big money at the end of the season. His STALK is rising with every game and the club need to make decent money. 

Yes, I’m sure he is as ‘excited’ as you suggest, but let’s keep it clean, this is a family forum :P

Name dropped by the Celtic manager in every paper today. Sign of a done deal?

I've been saying Celtic will make an offer for Lewis at some point since the cup game at Parkhead. Brendan Rodgers at end of that particular match came on the pitch to shake hands of every Saints player with a probably"well played" comment thrown in, but when he spoke to Lewis he had a slightly longer chat with him probably around a minute or so. I said at the time he obviously singled him out for special praise and as proved by his comments today been keeping an eye on him since. Actually thought they might have made move for him in the summer before other teams took notice.

I've been saying Celtic will make an offer for Lewis at some point since the cup game at Parkhead. Brendan Rodgers at end of that particular match came on the pitch to shake hands of every Saints player with a probably"well played" comment thrown in, but when he spoke to Lewis he had a slightly longer chat with him probably around a minute or so. I said at the time he obviously singled him out for special praise and as proved by his comments today been keeping an eye on him since. Actually thought they might have made move for him in the summer before other teams took notice.

Similar situation with Darren Mcgregor, do you remember Ally McMoist chatting to him for a prolonged period of time after we played The Rangers ?

I note on the BBC Scottish football gossip. Brendan Rodgers is singing the praises of our Lewis Morgan. They quote the Sun as their source. Don't know if Lewis would suit hoops after being brought up in stripes. It would be like playing for a green Morton

Sign 4 Celtic to play in there u20 team. think Lewis knows that would be a bad move for him. and he's a *** supporter [emoji14]

Things are hotting up. Heard yesterday we knocked back a firm bid of £300K for a Jan transfer from a club not yet mentioned by the press and him being loaned back to the end of the season.  Looks like £500k is now the bottom price (still too cheap) with there being allegedly many suitors ....

Mark Warburton's Nottingham Forest are reportedly eyeing a January swoop for St Mirren and Scotland Under 21 ace Lewis Morgan.

The Paisley winger is fast becoming one of the hottest young prospects in the Scottish game and has been linked with Celtic , Rangers and Birmingham City in recent months.

Now Forest, who have recruited heavily from Scotland since ex-Rangers boss Warburton took over earlier this year, have their eyes on the 21-year-old who was named September player of the month in the Championship.

Forest could offer £500,000 plus add-ons in a bid to win the race for Morgan, reports the Sun on Sunday .

JS128804804.jpg
(Image: SNS Group)

Morgan is out of contract at the end of the season and was the subject of a failed £200,000 bid from Burton Albion in the summer.

However, the player hailed as the future of Scottish football by Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers insisted this weekend that he wants to finish the season with Saints before finally making his big move.

He said: "If I can help St Mirren win the Championship then gain a move, that would be in everyone's best interests.

"I can't really affect what's happening with regards to my contract. I've put that to the back of my mind at the moment."

JS132960423.jpg
Morgan in action for Scotland under 21s

Birmingham City ran the rule over the winger, who has scored eight goals for the Championship side this season in just 14 appearances, earlier this season.

Morgan began his career in the Rangers youth system before joining Saints on a professional deal in 2013.