Lewis Morgan

Now you're making stupid assumptions about things I haven't said.

Compensation payments rarely get to the stage of a tribunal because neither side is sure of the amount, so a mutually beneficial agreement will be reached.

My point about clubs offering more is not incorrect, as is demonstrated regularly, with the Hendrie deal being an example.

If you want to move on, stop attempting to enforce your own loose understanding of the compensation system on the rest of the forum - there's a good lad.

So West Ham just gave £1 million to be on the safe side even though the actual comp would be lower? [emoji23] solid business model that club have. I'm pretty sure the clubs have advisers that can calculate very closely how much the comp would be or would be able to request the information. It's not a secret formula the clubs aren't allowed to use.

1. Hire someone to work out the compensation value and pay them for their work
2. Fire £1 million quid at the club and hope for the best.

Sound

So West Ham just gave £1 million to be on the safe side even though the actual comp would be lower? [emoji23] solid business model that club have. I'm pretty sure the clubs have advisers that can calculate very closely how much the comp would be or would be able to request the information. It's not a secret formula the clubs aren't allowed to use.

1. Hire someone to work out the compensation value and pay them for their work
2. Fire £1 million quid at the club and hope for the best.

Sound

For "I'm pretty sure" read "I haven't a clue but I'll make yet another assumption".

So why did the Danny Ings deal, for example, go to a tribunal? If the compensation calculation can be so easily calculated?

For "I'm pretty sure" read "I haven't a clue but I'll make yet another assumption".

So why did the Danny Ings deal, for example, go to a tribunal? If the compensation calculation can be so easily calculated?

No one said it was easy but to suggest clubs will bid over the odds to avoid a tribunal is nothing short of ridiculous. If a deal
Can't be struck for Morgan then yes it'll go and be decided by the powers that be but to think a club will just pay over and above because they're clueless... please.

Just clarify your point though, what you're saying is 'we might get more money than the compensation amount because clubs don't really know how it works and would rather avoid a tribunal?' Is that pretty much the entirety of your argument here?

Strange that doesn't put a club in a stronger negotiation position as per one of your earlier posts because another club could offer a contract then let the fee be decided later by a tribunal like... oh I don't know, Danny Ings?

No one said it was easy but to suggest clubs will bid over the odds to avoid a tribunal is nothing short of ridiculous. If a deal

Can't be struck for Morgan then yes it'll go and be decided by the powers that be but to think a club will just pay over and above because they're clueless... please.

Just clarify your point though, what you're saying is 'we might get more money than the compensation amount because clubs don't really know how it works and would rather avoid a tribunal?' Is that pretty much the entirety of your argument here?

Strange that doesn't put a club in a stronger negotiation position as per one of your earlier posts because another club could offer a contract then let the fee be decided later by a tribunal like... oh I don't know, Danny Ings?

I could continue posting counter arguments, but your posts do it for me, and it's much more noble of me to let you have the last word. So fire away with another garbled post...

I could continue posting counter arguments, but your posts do it for me, and it's much more noble of me to let you have the last word. So fire away with another garbled post...

Okay, your counter arguments aren't counter arguments. You haven't given one shred of credibility to your claim that clubs will bid more than they need to.

Now if you excuse me I'm right into this sweetcorn debate.

Okay, your counter arguments aren't counter arguments. You haven't given one shred of credibility to your claim that clubs will bid more than they need to.

Now if you excuse me I'm right into this sweetcorn debate.

You may have not success in that one... [emoji6]

14 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

Have you tried the "sweet & salted" - yummy. Morrison's doing the butterkist one for £1 per large(ish) bag just now - go on, you know you want to. Falside Road branch, last aisle, near the till end, second bottom shelf, in a yellow bag - how more helpful could I be? :)

Butterkist... blecchhhhhhhh!!

I am sorry chaps, I just read the last page of this thread with a view to gaining any news/stories/interesting snippets of information about our current player Lewis Morgan.  Instead I seem to have clicked onto a slabberfest surrounding sweetcorn.

Please start a sweetcorn thread in another part of the forum if you wish to discuss this particular foodstuff and leave this thread for proper discussion about Lewis.

4 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I am sorry chaps, I just read the last page of this thread with a view to gaining any news/stories/interesting snippets of information about our current player Lewis Morgan.  Instead I seem to have clicked onto a slabberfest surrounding sweetcorn.

Please start a sweetcorn thread in another part of the forum if you wish to discuss this particular foodstuff and leave this thread for proper discussion about Lewis.

I think Lewis looks a lot like this guy

Image result for Huge sweetcorn

St Mirren manager Jack Ross has shrugged off speculation surrounding Lewis Morgan’s future – insisting that he expects the midfielder to still be in Paisley at the end of the season.

The highly-touted Morgan has courted interest from a wealth of sides both north and south of the border following a barnstorming start to the season that sees him top the club’s scoring charts in the league.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers is among a growing list of admirers, while Nottingham Forest director of football Frank McParland was in the stand for Saturday’s clash between St Mirren and Greenock Morton to cast an eye over the youngster.

Preston North End manager Alex Neil has also been up to watch Morgan in recent weeks, with the club readying themselves for offers in January.

Morgan’s contract is up at the end of the season and the Scotland Under 21 internationalist has made no secret of the fact that he would like to test himself at the highest possible level. He is free to talk to clubs in January, with a view to a free transfer at the end of the season.

St Mirren could still cash-in on him at the turn of the year, with the view to getting Morgan back on loan until the end of the season.

But regardless of the growing speculation, boss Ross is confident that Morgan will remain in the black and white stripes until the end of the current campaign.

And when posed the question, Ross couldn’t be more clear-cut in his response.

He said: “I would expect him to be here at the end of the season, yes.

“Lewis and I speak all the time. For me, I think the challenge for him as a young player is to maintain his focus on the pitch.

“I believe that he has done that so far. He has contributed regularly and consistently this season.

“If and when there are decisions to be made then they will happen. But, before that, there is no point getting too up tight about it.

“Lewis understands how open I am with him, so he is never under any fear that anything is being hidden from him.

“Most importantly, we are both entirely comfortable with the situation at the moment, so that leaves him in a good position.”

Edited by Sonny

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

St Mirren manager Jack Ross has shrugged off speculation surrounding Lewis Morgan’s future – insisting that he expects the midfielder to still be in Paisley at the end of the season.

More importantly, where is he going to be at the beginning of next season. 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Possibly the reason the forum is going down the tubes, so many pointless posts, attempts to be amusing and pish poor puns. :snore

I personlly see no problem with the "attempts to be amusing" as you put it nor the puns... especially as one of the main offenders on that front. 

Fwiw, i would much rather have a laugh than see the never ending flow of negativity from certain posters, the monotonous  and repetitive jibes about individual players or individuals within the club or posters who seem incable of indulging in rational debate.

As for pointless posts ?  :o We`ve all been guilty of that at times but surely the more posts a contributor has , the more likelihood there is that  there will be more pointless posts from that contributor . :byebye   :whistle