Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Stop behaving like one then. Your nauseatingly familiar drivel is consistent in your criticism of the club and the manager irrespective of the circumstances. I actually believe you take the opposite view simply to generate some attention and keep yourself relevant which, on reflection, is a wee bit sad.

 

I don’t consider myself a brave individual so I’m calling you out “anonymously” because that’s how forums work.

 

PM me if you wish and we can meet up before a game and exchange views as I genuinely don’t understand how anyone can purport to love their club and constantly put them down and ridicule their efforts to lead us forward.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Stop behaving like one then. You’re nauseatingly familiar drivel is consistent in your criticism of the club and the manager irrespective of the circumstances. I actually believe you take the opposite view simply to generate some attention and keep yourself relevant which, on reflection, is a wee bit sad.

 

I don’t consider myself a brave individual so I’m calling you out “anonymously” because that’s how forums work.

 

PM me if you wish and we can meet up before a game and exchange views as I genuinely don’t understand how anyone can purport to love their club and constantly put them down and ridicule their efforts to lead us forward.

 

Your comment is atrocious and you should feel shame attacking a fellow st mirren supporter. Happy to meet you and find out why you think its ok to call someone you no nothing about a C... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Stop behaving like one then. You’re nauseatingly familiar drivel is consistent in your criticism of the club and the manager irrespective of the circumstances. I actually believe you take the opposite view simply to generate some attention and keep yourself relevant which, on reflection, is a wee bit sad.

 

I don’t consider myself a brave individual so I’m calling you out “anonymously” because that’s how forums work.

 

PM me if you wish and we can meet up before a game and exchange views as I genuinely don’t understand how anyone can purport to love their club and constantly put them down and ridicule their efforts to lead us forward.

 

I'll be making alternative travel arrangements that day...............................<_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway back to the Thread

 

So well deserved for Lewis, he has worked so hard and obviously Jack has really helped.

I think Morgan will be Scottish International for years. I remember watching BT Sports U21 game v England and they raved about him, also helped ,virtually every time he got the ball he did something positive.....  I also think he will be in the Celtic team next season.................

Also BR may well loan us some other players next season - some decent ones- great business for Saints and have to say Celtic

 

Rangers missing talented youngsters- that's a first ha ha  

 

Image result for King Kenny

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Your comment is atrocious and you should feel shame attacking a fellow st mirren supporter. Happy to meet you and find out why you think its ok to call someone you no nothing about a C... 

As you do, to the club you support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: the 'as yet' only rumoured transfer story... here's another buddie who thinks if the rumour is true, its way to cheap!

It's obviously a 'Tony' kind of thing, no wonder others dont get it.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15784435.Tony_Fitzpatrick__Celtic_would_be_getting_a_bargain_in_St_Mirren_s_Lewis_Morgan/?ref=ebls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Re: the 'as yet' only rumoured transfer story... here's another buddie who thinks if the rumour is true, its way to cheap!

It's obviously a 'Tony' kind of thing, no wonder others dont get it.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15784435.Tony_Fitzpatrick__Celtic_would_be_getting_a_bargain_in_St_Mirren_s_Lewis_Morgan/?ref=ebls

If he went for half a million, Tony would say exactly the same thing.   If we all believe what the papers say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Feels good being on the same wavelength as the club CEO, I understand why others dont get it.

Is there anyone that doesn't think Celtic are getting him on the cheap? Everyone knows that. 

the point is more it's nothing within our clubs control (or any club at this level) because of his contract length and previous willingness to sign an extension. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I don't agree.

I think Celtic like a winger who can give them a real attacking option and Morgan, IMO, fits the bill.

Too many people jumping aboard the "Hell be warming the bench" bus, I think he's got more than that and Rodgers will utilise this. 

I'd also like to think that he'll get a fair crack at the first team. 

You only have to watch our games to see teams attempts at stifling Morgan, doubling and sometimes trebling up on him. 

That won't happen at Celtic as they have threats throughout the team. Even when teams clock on and he is doubled up on, you'd expect Celtic to work better as a team at exploiting the space that it creates around the rest of the park. 

I really hope he gets a good chance for them. I'm no great fan of James Forrest for Scotland but he seems to do well for Celtic. I think Morgan has more of an end product even at such a young age. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morgan has sold us short. 

He could easily have signed a 2 or 3 year extension to his present Contract  in the summer. 

Absolutely no detriment to himself. 

He would still have got his major move with a few Clubs bidding for him. 

And I am guessing we would have got at least a Million Pounds for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shull said:

Morgan has sold us short. 

He could easily have signed a 2 or 3 year extension to his present Contract  in the summer. 

Absolutely no detriment to himself. 

He would still have got his major move with a few Clubs bidding for him. 

And I am guessing we would have got at least a Million Pounds for him. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Image result for Stupid of the Year Award   Even by your standards this is Comedy Gold- Well Done Mate - Whats a major move in your book - PSG or Man City ha ha

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I'd also like to think that he'll get a fair crack at the first team. 

You only have to watch our games to see teams attempts at stifling Morgan, doubling and sometimes trebling up on him. 

That won't happen at Celtic as they have threats throughout the team. Even when teams clock on and he is doubled up on, you'd expect Celtic to work better as a team at exploiting the space that it creates around the rest of the park. 

I really hope he gets a good chance for them. I'm no great fan of James Forrest for Scotland but he seems to do well for Celtic. I think Morgan has more of an end product even at such a young age. 

 

 

I'm a huge fan of Lewis but i cannot see how he will get a game for their first XI any time soon unfortunately.  He has Sinclair, Forrest, Roberts, McGregor & Hayes in front of him for his position and Christie and Scott Allan (although probably not) returning from loan spells elsewhere who will also be ahead of him. Johnny Hayes was one of the best wingers in our Premiership over the last two or three years and even he cant get a regular game.

He's definitely one for the future but at his age and to continue his development he needs to play and play on a regular basis. I know he's due to come back to us on loan til' the end of the season which is great but he needs to be playing regular football beyond that. I'd hate to see him rotting away in a development squad to then turn up at Partick Thistle a few years later as half the player he could've been. We've seen it happen all too often especially with the Old Firm teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Re: the 'as yet' only rumoured transfer story... here's another buddie who thinks if the rumour is true, its way to cheap!
It's obviously a 'Tony' kind of thing, no wonder others dont get it.
http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15784435.Tony_Fitzpatrick__Celtic_would_be_getting_a_bargain_in_St_Mirren_s_Lewis_Morgan/?ref=ebls

In “normal circumstances” Morgan is a £1m player. No suggestion of an offer of this magnitude though. Think from the article reference to cheap at last in part because we wanted the player loaned back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting £300k and a loan back till the end of the season is probably about the best we could have hoped for (especially since £200k bids were coming in when he had a full year on his contract).

He could have sat tight and then walked for £0 at then end of the season.

He's probably done the best for himself whilst at the same time trying to leave the club something.

All in all it's a good compromise.

Then again - you know what they say about a good compromise... :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, shull said:

The rate is whatever 3 or 4 very rich Clubs determine by their enthusiasm for bidding. 

Morgan signing a decent length of Contract for us would have helped. 

Nothing in football is guaranteed and there's nothing to suggest that injury or loss of form could put paid to a big move for a player. Look at Norrie McWhirter and Chris Kerr for examples of this. Guys who would have made a very decent living for themselves but for career derailing injuries. 

We did right by Lewis by giving him a platform to impress following his Rangers release. He's grabbed the opportunity with both hands and regardless of how much game time he gets at Celtic - FWIW I think he'll be OK in the end, I'd already have him on my team sheet ahead of Forrest - he'll ensure a very good living from football with this move when he could have just as easily been on the scrapheap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic are just doing what they (and the other mob) always used to do, buying up players who may possibly hurt you in a game - if they do you a turn, great; if they waste in the reserves or go down south, great, they are at least not scoring against you. Nothing changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, shull said:

The rate is whatever 3 or 4 very rich Clubs determine by their enthusiasm for bidding. 

Morgan signing a decent length of Contract for us would have helped. 

Will you be wanting him to rot in the reserves now , or give him the Samson treatment and kick him out the club ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsidebud said:

Getting £300k and a loan back till the end of the season is probably about the best we could have hoped for (especially since £200k bids were coming in when he had a full year on his contract).

He could have sat tight and then walked for £0 at then end of the season.

He's probably done the best for himself whilst at the same time trying to leave the club something.

All in all it's a good compromise.

Then again - you know what they say about a good compromise... :-)

 Tend to share these views.

 

 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...