Lewis Morgan

It seems like an incredible stat but it isn’t really. Other than Ian Ferguson I can’t think of another player who went to Rangers either. In fact, I’d say you’d need to go back to McAvennie to West Ham, to find a Saints player who went to any club of any note.
Cue some smart arse now providing any number of examples to ridicule the above statement! [emoji3]

Working out quite well for you, isn’t it [emoji23]

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

Working out quite well for you, isn’t it emoji23.png

Ha ha. Well to be honest I’ll take Darren MacGregor to Rangers and Bobo abd McNamee to Blackburn but I’m no having any othe others.

I said you’d need to go back to McAvennie, so Steve Clarke to Chelsea must’ve been only a year or two later. 

So to revisit my original statement. Since the time of McAvennie(ish) only the twins have gone to a significant club. I could also point out that when MacGregor went to Rangers they weren’t a significant club (arguably still aren’t!).

And to finish my point......what did the Romans ever do for us??

Confirmed on Beeb Scotland that it will be announced at press conference this afternoon. 

I won’t be switching the TV on to watch it, the thought of him in a C*ltic jersey. I read all the ins & outs of the whole scenario but still not happy with the fee & going to a another Scottish club. Sad day for our club, 5 of our best players gone over last season or two who’s next to go.

9 minutes ago, ged62 said:

I won’t be switching the TV on to watch it, the thought of him in a C*ltic jersey. I read all the ins & outs of the whole scenario but still not happy with the fee & going to a another Scottish club. Sad day for our club, 5 of our best players gone over last season or two who’s next to go.

It is sad but unfortunately we are a selling club like most others (including Celtic) . 

Lewis has and will continue to be a great player for us , so we just need to enjoy skill while we still can .

It is sad but unfortunately we are a selling club like most others (including Celtic) . 
Lewis has and will continue to be a great player for us , so we just need to enjoy skill while we still can .

Agree, it is what it is but wound rather of seen him going south. Just hope he never scores against us. [emoji6]

Fully understand that like others we are a selling club it's just that we seem nowadays to get just small change for our best players.Lewis is without doubt one of the most gifted and exciting players that I have seen in over sixty years of supporting Saints.For heavens sake this is 2018 we got nearly a million quid for Ferguson thirty years ago and around £400k for Clarke a couple of years earlier so now £300k for Morgan is just ludicrous in my opinion there is just no logic whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

.For heavens sake this is 2018 we got nearly a million quid for Ferguson thirty years ago and around £400k for Clarke a couple of years earlier so now £300k for Morgan is just ludicrous in my opinion there is just no logic whatsoever.

Bosman ruling ! It was a sellers market back then , buyers market now !

On ‎22‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:12 AM, pod said:

HAD anyone else come in with higher offer, it would still have been a steal.   Couple more weeks, f**k all.

Yes

BUT

We would have lost him and played rest of season without our talisman

Its a gamble, and of course its WIN WIN for Celts as per

Agree, it is what it is but wound rather of seen him going south. Just hope he never scores against us. [emoji6]

It’s a tough one Bud but players move on , its part of the game these days and like it or not we are one of many (most) clubs who have to sell to survive.
Would I have preferred him to go down south ? Yep without a doubt but if he does well at Septic and IF we have built a sell in clause to the deal I believe it will ultimately benefit us.
We aren’t able to sell players directly from the Scots championship to English champ or premier for silly money but teams like Septic can .
Who knows , mibbee £300k now and another £300k (10% sell on) in a few years time could be a decent wee earner .

One things for sure, if he does score against us , I can’t see him starting the auld kissing the badge pish !!

26 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Me neither.I,m not feeling well as it is but the thought of it gives ne the dry boak.On a positive note we,ve still got plenty top players at the club who should be playing in the division above.Fear not Buddies.We,re on our way.

And to think of the abuse that some people ( not you obviously) were giving David Longwell who done an excellent job with the young players.

Longwell is one person that some fans should acknowledge done a great job for the club.

33 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Fully understand that like others we are a selling club it's just that we seem nowadays to get just small change for our best players.Lewis is without doubt one of the most gifted and exciting players that I have seen in over sixty years of supporting Saints.For heavens sake this is 2018 we got nearly a million quid for Ferguson thirty years ago and around £400k for Clarke a couple of years earlier so now £300k for Morgan is just ludicrous in my opinion there is just no logic whatsoever.

Aye true , but we were in the top division when we sold both Fergie and Clarke , and tbh Scottish football still had a decent reputation for producing quality players back then. 

4 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

And to think of the abuse that some people ( not you obviously) were giving David Longwell who done an excellent job with the young players.

Longwell is one person that some fans should acknowledge done a great job for the club.

Spot on. My biggest worry is that when David Longwell's current crop of players are eventually all sold on , will there be a new crop of equally exciting young players coming through? I hope so , but it's doubtful.

12 minutes ago, munoz said:

Spot on. My biggest worry is that when David Longwell's current crop of players are eventually all sold on , will there be a new crop of equally exciting young players coming through? I hope so , but it's doubtful.

Why doubtful?  Check out some of the younger talent we have. Ethan Erharon played a first team game at 16 and is capped at Under 17 and 16 level. And we have a young lad who is captain of the Scotland U15(?) squad. Still talent coming through.

Edited by Sonny