Well done SMDSA

It's good to see that all the work they've been doing for diabled supporters has been rewarded by The Scottish Disabled Supporters Association

Last season The Scottish Disabled Supporters Association received a donation of top of the range equipment for use with fans experiencing visual impairment. It was the unanimous decision of the Scottish Disabled Supporters Association to donate this equipment to St Mirren in recognition of the efforts by SMDSA.

The system, including transmitter and several receivers, provides live commentary on the game courtesy of St Mirren TV and is the same as that used in the Etihad and Emirates stadia. It is capable of use anywhere in the stadium and is available to both home and away fans.

St Mirren season ticket holder Andrew McGaw is partially sighted and unable to see three quarters of the pitch.

He was a keen user of the service throughout last season and told us: "Last season I discovered the facility which gave me live commentary on matches which immeasurably increased the enjoyment of the game and saved me son from having to talk me through it." 

The procedure for borrowing a receiver is as follows:

1. The booking form can be downloaded by clicking HERE, it must be completed and e-mailed to [email protected] 24 hours prior to kick-off.

2. The equipment will be collected from Reception where a deposit of £10 will be taken.

3. At the end of the game, the receiver must be returned to Reception where the £10 deposit will be returned.

Further information can be obtained at the club by e-mailing [email protected]