Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
Curioser and curiouser .
Michael Gove reported to have rejected the role of Brexit Secretary. 
Yeah, he said I'm not attempting to clean up the mess those brexiteer knobs have made [emoji849]

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

So easy to tell Theresa May doesn't believe half of the nonsense she is hitting out with right now :lol: 

What a mess

I voted remain and would vote the same way again.  May was a remainer. Apart from personal ambition,  I have no idea why she took the job of PM responsible for leaving.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I voted remain and would vote the same way again.  May was a remainer. Apart from personal ambition,  I have no idea why she took the job of PM responsible for leaving.

Possibly to try and stop a Brexit with no deal scenario.

She possibly felt she could get a deal on free trade and free movement.

If she is ousted and replaced by a Leave supporter like Johnson we'll be seeing a no deal Brexit IMO so I'm not sure why everyone is gloating about getting rid of May right now.

Edited by oaksoft

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If she is ousted and replaced by a Leave supporter like Johnson we'll be seeing a no deal Brexit IMO so I'm not sure why everyone is gloating about getting rid of May right now.

More likely Labour would try to force a Vote of Confidence in Parliament and a General Election postponing the implementation of A50. 

May to hold a press conference at 5 pm.

26 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Believe me. I'm not gloating.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

More likely Labour would try to force a Vote of Confidence in Parliament and a General Election postponing the implementation of A50. 

May to hold a press conference at 5 pm.

Talk of a general election is fantasy stuff I think but we'll see.

Even if there was one, we'd be looking at another Tory government.

Absolutely no chance of Labour winning under Corbyn.

Guest TPAFKATS
Talk of a general election is fantasy stuff I think but we'll see.
Even if there was one, we'd be looking at another Tory government.
Absolutely no chance of Labour winning under Corbyn.
Well done, you've agreed with a multiple alias, argumentative, attention seeking troll.
You'll have made his day, probably his week. Hopefully this will result in him wanking himself into a coma which keeps him off the forum for a few days.

May cites Geoffrey Boycott as her Brexit inspiration

Q: You are a cricket fan. How many wickets need to fall in your cabinet before your walk?

May says one of her cricket heroes was Geoffrey Boycott.

And what do you know about Geoffrey Boycott? Geoffrey Boycott stuck to it. And he got the runs in the end.

May knows less about cricket than she thinks - Boycott famously spent 3 years out of the England team in the 70s when he was having "issues" and was eventually sacked from the Test team (as requested by his fellow players)  for playing golf when supposedly to ill to play in the field during a tour of India

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
May cites Geoffrey Boycott as her Brexit inspiration

Q: You are a cricket fan. How many wickets need to fall in your cabinet before your walk?

May says one of her cricket heroes was Geoffrey Boycott.

And what do you know about Geoffrey Boycott? Geoffrey Boycott stuck to it. And he got the runs in the end.

May knows less about cricket than she thinks - Boycott famously spent 3 years out of the England team in the 70s when he was having "issues" and was eventually sacked from the Test team (as requested by his fellow players)  for playing golf when supposedly to ill to play in the field during a tour of India. 
Did Geoff ever run through a field of hay?

5 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Well done, you've agreed with a multiple alias, argumentative, attention seeking troll.
You'll have made his day, probably his week. Hopefully this will result in him wanking himself into a coma which keeps him off the forum for a few days.

It would be nice if you could stay off the forum for a while.

Unconfirmed and from a single (always previously reliable) source - but hearing that the 48 letters are in and Downing Street are preparing for a no confidence motion in Theresa May as Conservative leader...

Sky sources: All government whips have been told to cancel any engagements today and return to London as a source close to the whip's office says a no confidence vote in the Prime Minister is now "likely"

Edited by Bud the Baker

Gove not resigning according to the BBC.

Looking forward to his Hackeresque denial of any interest in the top job.

ym34_jim2.jpg

"While one does not seek the office, one has pledged oneself to the service of one's country. And if one's friends were to persuade one that that was the best way one could serve, one might reluctantly have to accept the responsibility, whatever one's own private wishes might be."

It doesn't now matter who leads the Tories.

THEY got the UK into the current BREXIT shit, due to being a Jekyll and Hyde party.

If they dump May, it will be weeks before there's a replacement.  EU won't wait till the Tories sort themselves out.

Perhaps by accident rather than design,  May may have stumbled the UK to a clearer picture of the political and practical reality.

She has had the best of British searching for the best manner in which to implement BREXIT - and come up with either NO DEAL or a deal that is much worse than that which we currently have, without the GBP, without the concessions we get from paying into certain budgets, etc...

The people wanted BREXIT: this is the reality of BREXIT.

It was never necessary for government to pay any heed to a stupid referendum, but rabid BREXIT Tories and weak Cameron caved in to it... May naturally leapt at the chance to be PM  and gave BREXIT lip service...

So she led (or was pushed ahead of her party) the UK to its current predicament - accept the shit deal offered OR reject it and leave in a huff, not paying debts and losing any Euro friends that there might be.

I think Parliament may now START to do the job it should have been doing.    When asked to accept the shit deal, it will say  no - even Brexiteers and Remainers are agreed on how palpably shit the deal is... compared with what we already have.

Since day 1, I always thought there'd be another referendum(and another until the right result was secured).  I'm no longer so sure of that.

I think  Article 50 will be withdrawn - and we'll stay in. 

And FWIW...

Many countries are unhappy with the EU structures and the pain it inflicts.... Greece, Italy, Hungary, Spain, Portugal...

… there will be more...

The EU certainly is flawed and does not take care of it citizens in the way any government should.

Best to be in there, fighting for change, instead of outside complaining about how bad it is, after having giving up any hope of influencing decisions by walking away.