Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I can't comment on twitter but I take it you haven't read the FB pages.

Some of the people posting on that St Mirren FB page make me question humanity. All it is full of is people either constantly berating the players or greeting because 5000 people didn't give a minutes applause for their dead gran.

Indeed.

The St Mirren Facebook page is absolutely cringe worthy, surprised it's still open TBH. 

This site has hardly changed over the years, people come and go for lots of reasons.

Blaming other users is a joke, like any group of people there are some you will like, some you won't.

If people are really leaving the forum they need to have a good look at themselves, although PRicky is pushing things to the limit. 

17 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I can't comment on twitter but I take it you haven't read the FB pages.

Some of the people posting on that St Mirren FB page make me question humanity. All it is full of is people either constantly berating the players or greetin because 5000 people didn't give a minutes applause for their dead gran.

It's quicker to cut the chase so to speak. There are no thread titles on FB. it's easy to ignore the crap by not clicking on it. Think I have made a few comments not many. BAWA forum has narrowed down to the same posters which tend to be digs more often than not leading onto pages of annoying crap at times. There are still good contributes but shit far out seeds it. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Twitter & Facebook latter seem to be popular. Anyone posting on here over the years will know the numbers have dwindled. I like BAWA especially  when the club is doing well.  It's a shame so many posters have been lost though in all honesty it's easy to see why. Even the web master rarely pops in preferring Twitter. You don't tend to get as much bullshit. 

I don't do Facebook but I have heard the St Mirren page is to be avoided like the plague.

I like Twitter but it's completely different to the way B+WA is set up.

I'm not on here half as much as I used to be but it's still the 1st place I look for SMFC news.

I would quite understand if Div shuts us down but I would miss it like f**k.

The facebook pages have nothing on BAWA. It's just comments over there, and I rarely look at it tbh. Most of it is shite anyway.

I left BAWA years ago due to becoming bored of the abuse Gus McPherson was getting on a daily basis. That being said, I was also on P+B at the time, still lived in Scotland and attended matches both home and away, and followed the overall game more closely. Because of that, P+B suited my needs more at the time and I did enjoy the interaction with opposition fans. I left P+B after moving away.

I returned to BAWA this spring, originally trying to find out info on potential title winning weeks so I could make a return home for the party. In the end I got dragged back into posting and now here I am :lol: I haven't returned to P+B, and doubt I will (although never say never).

Theres a load of shite on here (myself included), but there isn't a better interaction service for Saints fans out there. Don't use twitter and the facebook pages are pish.

ETA: Just noticed this thread was the Brexit one, off topic as usual :lol:

Edited by Cornwall_Saint

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed.

The St Mirren Facebook page is absolutely cringe worthy, surprised it's still open TBH. 

This site has hardly changed over the years, people come and go for lots of reasons.

Blaming other users is a joke, like any group of people there are some you will like, some you won't.

If people are really leaving the forum they need to have a good look at themselves, although PRicky is pushing things to the limit. 

You really are a laugh a minute Sin Bin Man

4 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Twitter & Facebook latter seem to be popular. Anyone posting on here over the years will know the numbers have dwindled. I like BAWA especially  when the club is doing well.  It's a shame so many posters have been lost though in all honesty it's easy to see why. Even the web master rarely pops in preferring Twitter. You don't tend to get as much bullshit. 

I don't think we can blame Div , he has had two attempts at trying to talk about reasonable behaviour and he has brought in the Sin Bin twice ,pretty much to no avail . The last time the Sin Bin was put in place made no difference as at least two individuals showed a complete lack of respect for Div and the Forum rules by inventing new aliases and coming straight back onto the main Forum , one can only imagine what sort of nuerosis compels them to do that and have posts into the tens of thousands ; not to mention the smilie compulsion that goes along with that. .probably something to do with psychotropics. .

13 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I don't think we can blame Div , he has had two attempts at trying to talk about reasonable behaviour and he has brought in the Sin Bin twice ,pretty much to no avail . The last time the Sin Bin was put in place made no difference as at least two individuals showed a complete lack of respect for Div and the Forum rules by inventing new aliases and coming straight back onto the main Forum , one can only imagine what sort of nuerosis compels them to do that and have posts into the tens of thousands ; not to mention the smilie compulsion that goes along with that. .probably something to do with psychotropics. .

:lol:

Oh, PS......................:1eye

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, HSS said:

I don't do Facebook but I have heard the St Mirren page is to be avoided like the plague.

I like Twitter but it's completely different to the way B+WA is set up.

I'm not on here half as much as I used to be but it's still the 1st place I look for SMFC news.

I would quite understand if Div shuts us down but I would miss it like f**k.

Agree with all that. 

54 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Would never blame Div Neil he is a honest genuine great guy . My point being Im sure he sick to the teeth with his baby all the needless bickering and at times on and on of needles posts . You go to a thread and end up giving up with a the crap you have to read before you find the topic title being debated.  Self police should be the order of the day but will never work. 

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would never blame Div Neil he is a honest genuine great guy . My point being Im sure he sick to the teeth with his baby all the needless bickering and at times on and on of needles posts . You go to a thread and end up giving up with a the crap you have to read before you find the topic title being debated.  Self police should be the order of the day but will never work. 

All it would take is a couple of anonymous mods to keep an eye on the place.They could delete any shite that was posted or close any threads that had run their course.We've not had any mods on here for years so people get carried away and post what they want.

49 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So, what we debating here ? :)

10 hours ago, HSS said:

All it would take is a couple of anonymous mods to keep an eye on the place.They could delete any shite that was posted or close any threads that had run their course.We've not had any mods on here for years so people get carried away and post what they want.

Indeed, the forums been neglected, no interest from Div, and no attempts to delegate to assist.

I look around quite a few football forums, all much tidier than here, no needless threads, control on bickering..................all down to moderation and people that give a fcuk.

PS Anyone who thinks the Sin Bin was a good idea is a small minded fcukwit, divisive, no consistency in selecting who was in,  encouraging a them and us, which still exists with some of the old forum darlings. 

Edited by faraway saint

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:59 AM, antrin said:

That's just a lie, Oakes!

Some did. An electoral minority protest voted in a referendum, to which Parliament needed to pay no heed(and still don't).

They were lied to. The process was criminalised and hijacked.  

If they thought they were not voting for a bus packed with squillions of free money but rather voting for a jump off an economic cliff, they may have not protest voted so blithely.

people change their minds - which is why we don't get stuck with the same government forever.

May went for a quick election to confirm the people were behind her and she lost her majority cos they had changed their minds.

and your first line is simply unworthy, venal...

see!  It's the posting of lies and arrant, blatant stupidity that calls for correction, that draws me "back", when I see it.

I'm off.

you'll be pleased to know.

feel free to post more shite.

Don't vote, don't bitch - LEAVE won fair & square!

Sure there was some spin, the £350M per week was the gross figure before our rebate but it was up to REMAIN to point that out. They ran a half-hearted campaign with Labour Leader JC giving the least convincing performance since Kevin Costner as Robin Hood!

Perhaps a bit of electoral fraud too but saying the people didn't know what they were voting for is deplorable (sic)! :P

PS - This is all a waste of a post if you're not out there anymore! :wacko: 

14 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I put it down to two things

1.  over the years, a  number of people seem to think they have become great at posting on  forums and that they excel in winding others up or insulting them.  They are not great, it's not an important thing anyway and they are a bunch of wankers.

2.  Many people have either been put off posting or have been bullied off the forum because of the mentality of some of these duds who hide behind the internet and put up shit that they would NEVER say to a human's face (although one notable purveyor of insults seems to have disappeared with his posse).  As a consequence, the people with heartfelt, honest and constructive things to say are dwindling in numbers and this means all the argumentative shit is to the forefront.  I know I read more than I actually contribute these days and that is because I know i will end up dredging through the shit that one well meaning point will stir up.

51 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sure there was some spin, the £350M per week was the gross figure before our rebate but it was up to REMAIN to point that out. They ran a half-hearted campaign with Labour Leader JC giving the least convincing performance since Kevin Costner as Robin Hood!

Perhaps a bit of electoral fraud too but saying the people didn't know what they were voting for is deplorable (sic)! :P

I hadn't realised he didn't even vote in the referendum. 

All that righhteous rage and he didn't bother to vote himself. :lol:

There is nowhere else on the internet that you can currently go to find like minded Saints fans in one place.

Suggesting Facbook and Twitter as alternatives is laughable. Neither is a suitable replacement. Twitter discussions about Saints are scattered all over the place and any adult still using Facebook really needs their head looked at.  :lol:

To those who continually talk down this forum whilst contributing nothing themselves the message is simple : be careful what you wish for. When this place closes down nothing will replace it. You'll have no outlet for your negativity.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Your talking totally bollocks Bud

Kevin was superb :wink:

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

1.  over the years, a  number of people seem to think they have become great at posting on  forums and that they excel in winding others up or insulting them.  They are not great, it's not an important thing anyway and they are a bunch of wankers.

2.  Many people have either been put off posting or have been bullied off the forum because of the mentality of some of these duds who hide behind the internet and put up shit that they would NEVER say to a human's face (although one notable purveyor of insults seems to have disappeared with his posse).  As a consequence, the people with heartfelt, honest and constructive things to say are dwindling in numbers and this means all the argumentative shit is to the forefront.  I know I read more than I actually contribute these days and that is because I know i will end up dredging through the shit that one well meaning point will stir up.

Irony indeed. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I hadn't realised he didn't even vote in the referendum. 

All that righhteous rage and he didn't bother to vote himself. :lol:

Sorry misunderstanding my fault - he said "An electoral minority protest voted in a referendum" and I meant you can't count non-voters to give yourself a majority.

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Good points made there. 

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Sorry misunderstanding my fault - he said "An electoral minority protest voted in a referendum" and I meant you can't count non-voters to give yourself a majority.

Ah OK.

Counting non-voters and adding them to your side to make it look like you have a majority is a very common dodgy tactic by those who think the rest of us are thick as shit. When you have to start resorting to this sort of abuse of statistics you really have lost the battle. Poor bluto.