Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

43 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Because he is Commy/ Terriorist lover

How many open goals do the SNPs need to win a Indy vote and get shot of this self purposing morons

Corbyn is far better for the Tories than any of the tories 

......................and as I suspected Mike Gapes is a member of Labour Friends of Israel parliamentary pressure group - pots & kettles etc.

As I've said previously I reckon JC not bothering to meet May face2face in the aftermath of last night's vote is a mistake politically but it's also important to understand the motives behind any particular attack and Gapes main agenda is obviously part of the LFoI agenda to confuse anti-Zionism with anti-Semitism.

Oh and Corbyn's no communist, despite what Roger Daltry says. :headbang

Edited by Bud the Baker

Unbelievable that anyone needs an explanation on how Tory rule has made life worse. Brexit is already a complete nightmare for millions of Europeans who live in the UK and millions of Brits who live in the EU. Personally, it is going to cost me a fortune. Once we eventually crash out and the pound tanks at the same time as rampant inflation the morons that make up 52% of the voters on this backwards little island might realise what they have done.

And all so David Cameron could "unite the Tory party" :lol:

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Whatever paper had the headline Brexican Standoff has got it spot on. Corbyn is try to break the Tories in two and May knows it. He is demanding a removal of no deal to even talk knowing full well that May, if agreeing to that, would see the ERG group all but split from the party and it would be up to Tory's who they follow. 

If May gets rid of her self-imposed Red Lines for Brexit, a deal could be done - but that would lose the support of her right wing xenophobic Tories and so destroy her party.

If she surrenders to them and propels us into a No Deal brexit, then that would destroy the country.

An easy choice for normal people.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Because he is Commy/ Terriorist lover

How many open goals do the SNPs need to win a Indy vote and get shot of this self purposing morons

Corbyn is far better for the Tories than any of the tories 

Labour has been high jacked at the grass roots by the far left leaving perfectly good, well-meaning traditional labour party supporters with virtually nowhere to go.

What may come out of all this after the next general election is that some new party will spring up representing the middle left ground, but we all know what happened to the Social Democrats!  :(

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In all fairness I can’t comment on the 70s as I wasn’t alive back then. Not going to argue on a point I don’t know. In my own lifetime, however short, I haven’t personally seen things as bad as this.

Well for a start as a Belgian citizen I’ll have to pay £65, otherwise I’ll become illegal, wont be able to work, get a flat, anything tbh :rolleyes: I know most of us on here won’t be in that situation but it certainly is the case for over 3 million people in the UK.

As my mum was Belgian your ok in my book :P

20 hours ago, jaybee said:

PLEASE don't Ricky.....ise me for this; but I can claim to know and have worked with a few of the current crop of Politicians, (both in Scotland and in Engerland) of those, I would trust or consider supporting three or maybe four, sad isn't it.  The rest I would consign to oblivion.  My idea of a Politician is someone who doesn't want to be a Politician, desire to become one should debar you; from ever being one. but hey ..... that's another story.

Serving rather than self serving.  Makes sense.  Also bring real life experience.  Agreed. 

Said on here often that there are many posters who know or have met interesting and influential people.

Me perhaps,  less than most. 

Vince Cable ups the pressure on Corbyn.................

The Liberal Democrats have said they will not support Labour in future no-confidence votes unless the party backs a second referendum, making it almost impossible that the party could force a general election.

Lib Dem leader, Vince Cable, said he did not want to be party to confidence votes that had little chance of success if the aim was to delay Labour endorsing a public vote. He suggested that other parties may take a similar view.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Unbelievable that anyone needs an explanation on how Tory rule has made life worse. Brexit is already a complete nightmare for millions of Europeans who live in the UK and millions of Brits who live in the EU. Personally, it is going to cost me a fortune. Once we eventually crash out and the pound tanks at the same time as rampant inflation the morons that make up 52% of the voters on this backwards little island might realise what they have done.

The reality is that the Labour Party is split as much as the Tories over Europe, the only difference being that Labour would probably never have asked the question of the public.

7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

There in lies the crux of the matter. There is NO consensus about ANY one "deal". There are so many different views as to what is best. There will never be agreement as to the way to exit. People go on about 17,000,000 being betrayed. What about the near 16,000,000 who voted to remain? Of the 17,000,000 there are various levels of leave. IF the question of leave or remain had been thought out and expanded, that number for remain would probably have changed very little but those who chose to leave would have been split because, as has been noted ad nausea, there is no ideal method of disentangling us from a machine we have been integrated with for forty odd years. As for MPs going against the wishes of the people they represent. What about those whose constituents voted to remain? Who should they represent? The slim majority of the country who voted for what they thought leave meant or the people who actually voted them in?

With all the ramifications of leave coming to the surface I really don't see why there shouldn't be a REAL vote on the options. It's actually the way it should have been done in the first place. Due to the infighting and UKIP fear of the tories they put the cart before the horse in a blatant attempt at self preservation. In fact that VonC in the government was only doomed to failure through exactly that. DUP turkeys weren't going to vote for being stuffed.

What I love is when a voter on the telly claims to the interviewer that this is the first time they ever voted and if we don’t just leave as promised they will never vote again.

Personally, as a father, if my baby daughter, after throwing her toys out of the pram said she would never do it again, I would be very happy.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Get over yourself................... its going to cost us money, maybe

I cant stand the Tories either, and if you bothered to read posts rather than than just fart ,  .

Highlighted is the contradiction to why we are in this mess. Selfish self indulgent knobs

Now get back to your Latte and gie us peace you poor wee soul:byebye

5 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m not saying it was. What I’m saying is things have gotten worse, and by a distance.

Sorry bud, this just isn't true for the overwhelming majority of people.

You even said it yourself; you used to be on benefits and now you are not. So clearly things are better for you than what they used to be.

Edited by oaksoft

31 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

The reality is that the Labour Party is split as much as the Tories over Europe, the only difference being that Labour would probably never have asked the question of the public.

The other difference is the Labour Party will never be in power with that tosser at the helm

55 minutes ago, antrin said:

If May gets rid of her self-imposed Red Lines for Brexit, a deal could be done - but that would lose the support of her right wing xenophobic Tories and so destroy her party.

If she surrenders to them and propels us into a No Deal brexit, then that would destroy the country.

An easy choice for normal people.

What were the red lines, so long ago I can't remember what they were !

31 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Get over yourself................... its going to cost us money, maybe

I cant stand the Tories either, and if you bothered to read posts rather than than just fart ,  .

Highlighted is the contradiction to why we are in this mess. Selfish self indulgent knobs

Now get back to your Latte and gie us peace you poor wee soul:byebye

As I've highlighted above, you don't have the intelligence to get involved in such discussions.

You just trot out the same rank patter as the Daily Mail with no idea what it means. It's really alarming to see how people like you and Shull are so easily led by lies made up the media.

"Get back to your latte". Cringeworthy patter, bud!

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

As I've highlighted above, you don't have the intelligence to get involved in such discussions.

You just trot out the same rank patter as the Daily Mail with no idea what it means. It's really alarming to see how people like you and Shull are so easily led by lies made up the media.

Me and Shull :lol:   Thats going to far !!

Mate , if you start questioning my input and just box it, expect retort .

We can discuss the rationally if you wish . God knows I am wound up enough over this farce

Brexit impacts everyone, it does me, as I rely heavily on the exchange rate, it goes down, my job gets that much harder. I sure it impacts you to re your work and many more in here. Also my lady is Romanian and its unsettling to say the least

My point was- i am old enough to remember 3 day weeks, bins overflowing, miners getting concrete blocks through their windows and the word Scab.

Sure its tough, and its unneccessary BUT some on here have had worse and under a Lab govt to boot.....

So we agree its a cluster

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

The other difference is the Labour Party will never be in power with that tosser at the helm

I don't think the voting public are even foolish enough to hand power to such a left wing thinking party, no matter who their leader is. :unsure:

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We can discuss the rationally if you wish . God knows I am wound up enough over this farce

Brexit impacts everyone, it does me, as I rely heavily on the exchange rate, it goes down, my job gets that much harder. I sure it impacts you to re your work and many more in here. Also my lady is Romanian and its unsettling to say the least

My point was- i am old enough to remember 3 day weeks, bins overflowing, miners getting concrete blocks through their windows and the word Scab.

Sure its tough, and its unneccessary BUT some on here have had worse and under a Lab govt to boot.....

3 day week? Tories were in power. Bins overflowing. It happened quite recently and, with the cuts to local councils, will be happening quite a lot due in no part to the workers. Miners battling? Again the tories. And that was a tory ploy to destroy the unions. 

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
Sorry bud, this just isn't true for the overwhelming majority of people.
You even said it yourself; you used to be on benefits and now you are not. So clearly things are better for you than what they used to be.

You do know that only one person can claim for UC for a child. CS already explained his personal situation regarding this. And no you are not always better off when you are not deemed acceptable for any benefit.

Are you saying that the person who is looking after the children, with associated fod and clothing costs, doesn't receive UC for those children?

55 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Jeez.

When did our country start becoming a nation of people endlessly whining about their lot in life?

26 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Led by no cnut. 

All shite postit is my own thought out shite. 

Same as yourself. 

I read an article recently about people being either Radiators or Drains and that unless you want your life to be plunged into gloom and darkness, you should always try to minimise the number of drains in your life.

Reading this thread brought this back to me.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sarah-pylas/radiator-or-drain_b_7630554.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=k-kQJgkYb_F89Ot1ea1y7A

Regardless of your lot in life, choose the light people! It's a healthier way to live.

As for Brexit and Politics. 

So fecking boring. 

When leaders of Councils, Countries, etc can't even give us smooth roads, what chance have we got. 

Feck them all, they are no better. 

Look after yourself, family and if you can, those less able. 

Won't go far wrong. 

Politics :snore

43 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

No opinion is worthless.  Doesn't mean that I will agree with every one put forward but I feel no need to rubbish it because it conflicts with mine or is expressed n a way that I might think of as "quaint" or unusual as we all approach things from our individual standpoints. 

These are indeed interesting times. These are challenging times but we have had many before. Bin strikes,  power cuts,  3 day weeks and going back further machine guns mounted at our pit heads by Churchill.  The advent of New Labour brought an emphasis on the central ground in politics.  Since then people's politics appear to have become more polarised on both the left and the right. Brexit has added to this with the rise of the right in UKIP / Tory Right and the dissatisfaction of people in traditional Labour areas helping to confuse issues.  

An issue as big as this transcends party politics and our current mechanisms are struggling to cope. 

Personally,  I voted Remain. The reasons I voted Remain are unchanged.

I wonder if those who voted Leave feel the same way as the impact of that choice becomes clearer. 

Edited by St.Ricky