Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

23 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

3 day week? Tories were in power. Bins overflowing. It happened quite recently and, with the cuts to local councils, will be happening quite a lot due in no part to the workers. Miners battling? Again the tories. And that was a tory ploy to destroy the unions. 

3 day week was 78 under Callaghan Foot, and yes also 73/74 under Heath. The miners striked as early as 69 under Labour.

Mate a fecking hate the Tories , my point was Brexit is not the worst thing happening......  also the modern day Labour are just as bad..................

Christ May is still more popular than Corbyn- What does that tell us bar getting the feck out the UK asap 

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I wonder if those who voted Leave feel the same way as the impact of that choice becomes clearer. 

Thats not really the issue though. If 80% had voted Leave we would still be in the mess the Politicians are putting us through.................

All Cameron had to do was have a 60% Leave line  to change legislation , considering the Billions this has cost us. Tory Arrogance as per

52 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Me and Shull :lol:   Thats going to far !!

Mate , if you start questioning my input and just box it, expect retort .

We can discuss the rationally if you wish . God knows I am wound up enough over this farce

Brexit impacts everyone, it does me, as I rely heavily on the exchange rate, it goes down, my job gets that much harder. I sure it impacts you to re your work and many more in here. Also my lady is Romanian and its unsettling to say the least

My point was- i am old enough to remember 3 day weeks, bins overflowing, miners getting concrete blocks through their windows and the word Scab.

Sure its tough, and its unneccessary BUT some on here have had worse and under a Lab govt to boot.....

So we agree its a cluster

Fair enough, I may have crossed the line with a Shull comparison.

29 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Jeez.

When did our country start becoming a nation of people endlessly whining about their lot in life?

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I read an article recently about people being either Radiators or Drains and that unless you want your life to be plunged into gloom and darkness, you should always try to minimise the number of drains in your life.

Reading this thread brought this back to me.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/sarah-pylas/radiator-or-drain_b_7630554.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer_us=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_cs=k-kQJgkYb_F89Ot1ea1y7A

Regardless of your lot in life, choose the light people! It's a healthier way to live.

This is the sort of shite Boris Johnson is coming up with now.

Ok, we lied to you about the financial impact of all this......but come on, lighten up for f**ks sake. And make something of yourself!!

Shower of useless cunts that they are.

Oaks - I haven't complained about my life once in that post. Unlike you I do possess empathy however and worry for many in this country if the English right and their Americanisation project is allowed to continue.

Sounds like the starting gun will be fired on an independence referendum very soon.

A golden opportunity to break free of the Little Englanders and rejoin Europe as an independent nation. Anyone not campaigning and voting for Yes needs their head checked.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

What were the red lines, so long ago I can't remember what they were !

IIRC to be outside the Customs Union & Single Market which would allow the UK to implement it's own separate Trade Deals and stop Freedom of Movement from the EU respectively.

Also Britain was to leave the juridiction of the ECJ which it will do eventually under the May agreement as it stands but probably not if a new deal with UK retaining membership of either of the above included.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Sorry bud, this just isn't true for the overwhelming majority of people.

You even said it yourself; you used to be on benefits and now you are not. So clearly things are better for you than what they used to be.

The only reason I’m not claiming is because I split from my ex. If we were still together then I would not be able to sustain a family of four on those two jobs. 

Just now, Cornwall_Saint said:

The only reason I’m not claiming is because I split from my ex. If we were still together then I would not be able to sustain a family of four on those two jobs. 

You don't need to explain yourself to the sort of arrogant blowhard that goes around telling strangers "things are better for you than they used to be"

49 minutes ago, Kemp said:

This is the sort of shite Boris Johnson is coming up with now.

Ok, we lied to you about the financial impact of all this......but come on, lighten up for f**ks sake. And make something of yourself!!

Shower of useless cunts that they are.

Oaks - I haven't complained about my life once in that post. Unlike you I do possess empathy however and worry for many in this country if the English right and their Americanisation project is allowed to continue.

Is it possible for you lefties to argue a point without glueing on a ridiculous stake for the moral high ground? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You don't need to explain yourself to the sort of arrogant blowhard that goes around telling strangers "things are better for you than they used to be"

I'm sure CS doesn't need you to fight his battles for him.

Let the two of us have a discussion in peace.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sure CS doesn't need you to fight his battles for him.

Let the two of us have a discussion in peace.

Thanks.

Don't go on to a public forum to belittle others opinions if you don't want public feedback.

26 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Presumably the kids would be living with you in that case and you'd be in a position to make a claim.

I'm not really comfortable talking about your personal situation on a forum TBH.

I just wanted to make the general point that the vast majority of citizens in the country lead a perfectly good quality of life.

Sole parents, the self employed, part timers and those on zero hour contracts are particularly facing difficulties and IMO the government are not quick enough to address these issues. In the case of the self employed they are adamant that they will not change.

In general, as the elected government, they have the right to decide who needs to be supported with UC and who is perfectly capable of looking after themselves. Millions of people ended up trapped no benefits dependency because it paid more to be unemployed than to get a job. That had to be fixed because that simply cannot be right and it's no surprise that millions are now squealing about their lifestyle being affected.

I come from the same generation as DougJamie. I know what hardship looks like because I grew up with it. Life didn't get truly comfortable until I hit my 30s. The thing is, you can complain about the Tories all you like but they are not going to help you out of whatever hole you are in. You therefore have a choice. Either dwell in misery, blame the Tories and remain in the hole for the rest of your life or pick up a ladder. I don't think you have any other choice in life do you?

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

What were the red lines, so long ago I can't remember what they were !

3 most fatal for her and the Tories are:

Stopping Freedom of Movement (even Norway's suggested style of Union guarantees Freedom of Movement)

UK having its own Trade Policy (That would keep us out of the Customs Union)

Retaining the Union (the Ulster border backstop is proving fatal to EU's and swivel-eyed Brexiteer's acceptance)

I hope this helps?  :rolleyes:

19 hours ago, antrin said:

I notice that in your responses to me you avoid tackling the points I make.  A common problem with swivel-eyed Brexiteers.

Mogg, Johnson, Gove, farrage, yourself are great at promising everything will be fine in the No Deal promised land, and yet refuse to answer any of the doubts and questions raised by those who are less optimistic.

instead you resort to ad hominem comments..  not bright and not unexpected.

For the same reason, oakshite will be annoyed at you correcting his misspelling of my nom de plume.  He uses that as ad hominem when he runs out of intelligent response.  Eg every post to me.

I think oakshite is being too respectful to him.  What do you think?

(saves you addressing any problems Brexit may cause).

and also respectfully, just because you can’t see logic doesn’t mean it’s not there - you may well be the weak link in that chain.  Not me.

I do not feel the need to answer your points as they are as irrelevant and irreverent as yourself, the crux of my argument is simply we had a referendum, I voted leave; as did many more than I anticipated, the government has had plenty of time to sort out a deal but through intransigence, duplicity and some downright dishonesty from all parties it hasn't happened as it should.  I don't care, the vote was leave, the vote did not offer leave with a good deal or no deal it simply offered remain or leave  and so some day in March I fully expect us to leave otherwise the tail is waging the dog.  By the way I never suggested everything would be fine and my only ad hominem comment was directed back at yourself re sticks in eyes and hot pokers up your arse, you don't seriously offer those as legitimate discussion do you? I also corrected your nom de plume out of courtesy, something you clearly lack judging by the response above.  Clearly some work is required with regards to your unusual style of Capitals, commas, semicolons and paragraphs, interesting style though. 

13 hours ago, stlucifer said:

There in lies the crux of the matter. There is NO consensus about ANY one "deal". There are so many different views as to what is best. There will never be agreement as to the way to exit. People go on about 17,000,000 being betrayed. What about the near 16,000,000 who voted to remain? Of the 17,000,000 there are various levels of leave. IF the question of leave or remain had been thought out and expanded, that number for remain would probably have changed very little but those who chose to leave would have been split because, as has been noted ad nausea, there is no ideal method of disentangling us from a machine we have been integrated with for forty odd years. As for MPs going against the wishes of the people they represent. What about those whose constituents voted to remain? Who should they represent? The slim majority of the country who voted for what they thought leave meant or the people who actually voted them in?

With all the ramifications of leave coming to the surface I really don't see why there shouldn't be a REAL vote on the options. It's actually the way it should have been done in the first place. Due to the infighting and UKIP fear of the tories they put the cart before the horse in a blatant attempt at self preservation. In fact that VonC in the government was only doomed to failure through exactly that. DUP turkeys weren't going to vote for being stuffed.

As  stated elsewhere, the choice was leave or remain, we choose to leave so let's just leave .               end of.