Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

Surely Bercow's intervention today tips the balance to a long-term extension now. 

Can't remember what they need to do to legislate for that though? I've lost track. 

The EU can block an extension if just 1 country vetoes it. Hence why Farage/Banks etc have been bumming the facists among Italy/Hungary/Poland, trying to convince them to do it so the UK is forced into No Deal. Ironic considering they’ve spent so long claiming the UK government had no power, then openly aim to deny the UK parliament making its own decision on this.

51 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The EU can block an extension if just 1 country vetoes it. Hence why Farage/Banks etc have been bumming the facists among Italy/Hungary/Poland, trying to convince them to do it so the UK is forced into No Deal. Ironic considering they’ve spent so long claiming the UK government had no power, then openly aim to deny the UK parliament making its own decision on this.

If this came to pass then, popular or not, the only sensible thing to do is unilaterally rescind article 50 and revisit the situation in the form of an election. We need strong government/s to take us way from the abyss and guide the countries through this insane period in our histories.

Guest TPAFKATS

Dr Fox announcing trade agreements with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein.
These come hot on the tails of the recently announced Fiji and Papua New Guinea agreements.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!!!

18 hours ago, stlucifer said:

If this came to pass then, popular or not, the only sensible thing to do is unilaterally rescind article 50 and revisit the situation in the form of an election. We need strong government/s to take us way from the abyss and guide the countries through this insane period in our histories.

Any strong governments in mind. Venesuala theirs is pretty ruthless

15 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

These come hot on the tails of the recently announced Fiji and Papua New Guinea agreements.

As well as Axanar, Barkon IV and Ramura.

Na-nu na-nu.

16 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

To be fair, we could have tied up free trade agreements with every country in the world and you would still find something to complain about. You appear to be one of life's moaners bud.

We are living through historic times and we can't control any of it. Maybe it's worth just taking a back seat and watching on with interest to see what happens. We'll know by next Friday at the latest what is happening next. Personally I think this is becoming a fascinating story now that the end game of phase 1 (29th March) seems to be in sight. You couldn't make a story up like this. People would consider it overblown and ridiculous. It's great theatre.

Guest TPAFKATS
To be fair, we could have tied up free trade agreements with every country in the world and you would still find something to complain about. You appear to be one of life's moaners bud.
We are living through historic times and we can't control any of it. Maybe it's worth just taking a back seat and watching on with interest to see what happens. We'll know by next Friday at the latest what is happening next. Personally I think this is becoming a fascinating story now that the end game of phase 1 (29th March) seems to be in sight. You couldn't make a story up like this. People would consider it overblown and ridiculous. It's great theatre.
I've not seen confirmation that these are free trade agreements.

To be fair, there's nothing in my post to suggest I was complaining but you appear to be one of life's condescenders bud.

50 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I've not seen confirmation that these are free trade agreements.

To be fair, there's nothing in my post to suggest I was complaining but you appear to be one of life's condescenders bud.

Oh you are absolutely a perpetual whiner. :lol:

I must say though, if you are programmed to see condescension in every post of mine, then that's your problem, not mine. I can't possibly control how you or anyone else interprets my posts.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Oh you are absolutely a perpetual whiner. [emoji38]
I must say though, if you are programmed to see condescension in every post of mine, then that's your problem, not mine. I can't possibly control how you or anyone else interprets my posts.
Touché

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Oh you are absolutely a perpetual whiner. :lol:

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion.”

3 hours ago, smcc said:

“O, wad some Power the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us!
It wad frae monie a blunder free us,
An' foolish notion.”

A ridiculous attitude which goes a very long way to explaining why Scotland is no longer a world powerhouse in engineering and science.

Why spend time and effort trying to do great things when you can alternatively sit at home obsessively navel gazing over what other people think of you as a person. f**king hell. What a thing to aspire to. :lol:

I prefer to quote Marie Curie who said "Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas."

8 hours ago, oaksoft said:

A ridiculous attitude which goes a very long way to explaining why Scotland is no longer a world powerhouse in engineering and science.

Why spend time and effort trying to do great things when you can alternatively sit at home obsessively navel gazing over what other people think of you as a person. f**king hell. What a thing to aspire to. :lol:

I prefer to quote Marie Curie who said "Be less curious about people and more curious about ideas."

This diatribe simply confirms that you have no insight into your own personality. You are totally unaware of how condescending, superior and dismissive you appear to be. :whistle

This diatribe simply confirms that you have no insight into your own personality. You are totally unaware of how condescending, superior and dismissive you appear to be. :whistle
How could you say that, more people listen to oaky than pay attention to yon fella you quoted. In his head, anyway...

52 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
1 hour ago, smcc said:

How could you say that, more people listen to oaky than pay attention to yon fella you quoted. In his head, anyway...

What , are you implying that , the Scottish poet Mr Robert Burns was much , much more of a philosopher than M. Curie. .

4 hours ago, smcc said:

This diatribe simply confirms that you have no insight into your own personality. You are totally unaware of how condescending, superior and dismissive you appear to be:whistle

So what?

The only people who seem to get flustered about it are you and a handful of other non-entities. :D

Edited by oaksoft

42 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So what?

The only people who seem to get flustered about it are you and a handful of other non-entities. :D

Flustered? Only in your fevered imagination. Simply pointing out a fact. :D

PS Yet another example of condescension. By the way, the hyphen is superfluous

So May decided to ask for a 3 month extension to A50 this morning (contradicting her policy of last week!) it lasted 6 minutes, yes 6 minutes before Cabinet Minister Andrea Leadsom briefed against her saying the extension couldn't extend beyond the Euro elections on May 23 if we were not taking part - a point confirmed by Jean-Claude Junker 30 minutes ago!

6 fucking minutes!

Might all be academic anyway as the French are threatening to veto an extension

Paris says UK will only get article 50 extension if May can guarantee her deal will be passed

The French government is taking a tough stance on the possibility of extending article 50. Reuters snapped these two lines a few minutes ago.

FRENCH FOREIGN MINISTER: OUR MESSAGE ON BREXIT IS CLEAR: RATIFY THE DEAL OR LEAVE WITHOUT AN AGREEMENT

FRENCH FOREIGN MINISTER: IF MAY CANNOT OFFER GUARANTEES HER BREXIT DEAL WILL BE PASSED IN BRITISH PARLIAMENT THE EUROPEAN COUNCIL WILL TURN DOWN HER EXTENSION REQUEST

And earlier the French government spokesman, Benjamin Griveaux, said:

France’s position is simple: the British prime minister must explain to us for how long and what for, and offer us guarantees.

A delay is therefore not automatic nor certain.

For Macron, it is decided: we must ... refuse to allow the British to postpone the Brexit, scheduled for 29 March. In any case, this is the position he will express on Thursday at the European council.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, smcc said:

Flustered? Only in your fevered imagination. Simply pointing out a fact. :D

PS Yet another example of condescension. By the way, the hyphen is superfluous

Including the raft of private messages you sent me? Yes you are clearly flustered by it.

Just go away and get on with your own life and quit obsessing over how others choose to live theirs.

I am not interested in your opinion of me.