Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS

Nick Boles who put forward the option known as common market 2.0 resigned from Tory party minutes after his option was voted down.

He states he can no longer remain a member due to Tory party refusal to compromise.

13 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

You are right , there are other drugs that can and do cause death and obviuosly if you are one of the 15% of patients that get misdiagnosed by the NHS then the risk rises. Most drugs are designed to manage syptoms and in the case of psychotropics there is no evidence that they produce any positive results .

Allopathy has only been around for a little over 100yrs and only really became widespread in this country with the arrival of the NHS . Other forms of medicine are available and indeed alternative medicine is big in countries bigger than the UK. .

I'd say 100%, or close to, of people are mis-diagnosed by a doctor at least once in their lifetime and that the 15% probably refers to diagnoses actually made rather than 15% of the population living with a wrongful diagnosis.

Unfortunately, diseases are difficult to pin down as symptoms manifest themselves differently in different people and at the various stages of life.  Are you saying that noone should receive tretment until their diagnosis has been 100% confirmed?

My wife receives a psychotropic for the relief of neuropathic pain, yes there are side effects however she now has much of her old life back due to the medication.  I'd be pretty angry at nutters who campaigned for this medicine's withdrawal if she were to lose access to it

11 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
11 hours ago, whydowebother said:
Having watched intently the shenanigans in Westminster, it becomes increasingly apparent the SNP are a f**king disgrace

Could you elaborate on that?

There are suggestions that the SNP voting against the Clarke Plan (Customs Union with the EU) an indication that they have been drawn into the "nothing must pass" game as their votes would've tipped the balance. Perhaps they're hoping for tweaks to the Clarke Plan to make it more acceptable to them but there are accusations from both Labour & Tory is that the SNP are looking for a win for the May Deal or a No Deal to facilitate their real goal, Independence - pots & kettles eh!

Edited by Bud the Baker

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

There are suggestions that the SNP voting against the Clarke Plan (Customs Union with the EU) an indication that they have been drawn into the "nothing must pass" game as their votes would've tipped the balance. Perhaps they're hoping for tweaks to the Clarke Plan to make it more acceptable to them but there are accusations from both Labour & Tory is that the SNP are looking for a win for the May Deal or a No Deal to facilitate their real goal, Independence - pots & kettles eh!

So Bud how do Suggestions and accusations become SNP are a F**king disgrace? I can suggest and accuse you of many things but that does not necessarily make them true or you a f**king disgrace.

I think all the parties are a f**king disgrace at the moment by the way as they are all running their own selfish party agendas rather than what is good for the UK (and by that I mean Scotland, NI, Wales and England) I just object to one party being vilified when they are all Sh**t

15 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

So Bud how do Suggestions and accusations become SNP are a F**king disgrace? I can suggest and accuse you of many things but that does not necessarily make them true or you a f**king disgrace.

I think all the parties are a f**king disgrace at the moment by the way as they are all running their own selfish party agendas rather than what is good for the UK (and by that I mean Scotland, NI, Wales and England) I just object to one party being vilified when they are all Sh**t

I was perhaps being presumptive and could have explained it better - the current accusations being thrown at the SNP in the indicative votes process are that they are abstaining from motions they are broadly in favour of in the hope the outcome will be a bad deal/no deal and strengthen their real aim - independence. I don't think that's a "fucking disgrace" that was @whydowebother and indeed the SNP did move from opposing Common Market2 in the first round of indicative votes to supporting it in the second - I think this is normal politics which is why I finished my post with "pots & kettles".

I think the situation is that we're now in is that the last options will be May's Deal, Clarkes' Deal or if neither of these pass No Deal and in this situation I think the SNP will end up supporting the Clarke Deal to avoid No Deal - I think the SNP position is reasonable as their position has always been pro-EU and in the indicative vote process they have voted for the "softest" Brexit options available but as these are being removed from the table they've moved with this process - there has certainly been less posturing from the SNP than either the Conservative or Labour parties.

Guest TPAFKATS

If Labour hadn't abstained on Joanna Cherry's revoke article 50 in event of no deal motion then it would have passed. I guess that doesn't fit with Labour's agenda though.

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

If Labour hadn't abstained on Joanna Cherry's revoke article 50 in event of no deal motion then it would have passed. I guess that doesn't fit with Labour's agenda though.

I wonder what that agenda might be, then...

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

"But blaming the SNP for Labour’s failings is in Labour’s DNA."

Sums it up really.

Ah, there it is!

Guest TPAFKATS
Ah, there it is!
Yvette Cooper of labour now has a bill going through which is similar to Cherry's bill but not quite as good an option.
f**king arseholes

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

BBC good enough for you?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47658403

Well the BBC,  must be true. .

Have you forgotten the propaganda they spouted in the run up to the referendum in '14. .

I reckon those military guys are getting ready to go around to Westminster, and throw the whole lot of them out and then lock the door.  .:P

On 4/1/2019 at 8:23 PM, FTOF said:

I'll take my chances with drugs prescribed by the NHS. I'm perfectly able to decide whether the risk in taking them is worth it or not.

Feel free to waft a crystal around you next time you get a head ache.:)

Did you get a wee toffee mallet typing that bit. .

I have read about a few alternative forms of medicine but never the wafing crystal , did you just make that up. .

It was proven in tests that psychotropics produced no better effects than a simple placebo (sugar pill). .

If you want to take what NHS prescribe that is entirely your perogrative , personally I don't think anyone should be expected to take a drug that has known homocidal and sucidal side effects. .

47 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Did you get a wee toffee mallet typing that bit. .

I have read about a few alternative forms of medicine but never the wafing crystal , did you just make that up. .

It was proven in tests that psychotropics produced no better effects than a simple placebo (sugar pill). .

If you want to take what NHS prescribe that is entirely your perogrative , personally I don't think anyone should be expected to take a drug that has known homocidal and sucidal side effects. .

It's wafting. Learn to read or type properly.:)

https://www.therapy-directory.org.uk/articles/crystal-therapy.html

You should stop posting. You're having another 'mare.

You continue to peddle your drivel about psychotropics if you like, in your simpleton world.

Edited by FTOF

4 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Have you forgotten the propaganda they spouted in the run up to the referendum in '14. .

I reckon those military guys are getting ready to go around to Westminster, and throw the whole lot of them out and then lock the door.  .:P

Here's The Last Leg's take on it, if I were going to believe a conspiracy theory it'd be the one that Brexit was a initiated by a cabal of comedians to get themselves cheap laughs.

12 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

So you don't trust the BBC, the NHS, the entire body of hundreds of years of peer reviewed scientific literature or any medical doctor but you will instantly believe and quote any number of Waynes World-esque websites run by conspiracy crazies with no credentials? :lol:

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Bored to tears with Brexit just makes you wonder all the important stuff of running the country is being ignored. No leadership not even anyone decent to replace the leaders. 

Are you under the mistaken impression that MPs run things in the country?

Every major area of importance controlled by government is run on a day to day basis by an independent CEO or head. MPs are largely figureheads who direct policy. It can't be any other way when you have a system where a postman can become Secretary of State for Trade and Industry or where a teacher can become Health Secretary. It also can't be any other way when these Secretaries of State are replaced every 18 to 30 months.

Everything in the country is ticking over as normal. Just like it does when MPs f**k off for several months in the summer.

Tbf there's something to be said for important news going somewhat under the radar...

Articles 11 & 13 of the new changes to the EU copyright directive will change the internet, as we know it

There's an argument to be made that it will force posters of content to become more creative, but it's going to result in quite a radical change to what content we can access and post

Edit: article 12a could also be problematic for football supporters

Wired article 

Article 12a might stop anyone who isn’t the official organiser of a sports match from posting any videos or photos of that match. This could put a stop to viral sports GIFs and might even stop people who attended matches from posting photos to social media. But as with the articles above, all of this depends on how the directive is interpreted by member states when they make it into national law.

Edited by Doakes

On 4/2/2019 at 9:55 PM, FTOF said:

It's wafting. Learn to read or type properly.:)

https://www.therapy-directory.org.uk/articles/crystal-therapy.html

You should stop posting. You're having another 'mare.

You continue to peddle your drivel about psychotropics if you like, in your simpleton world.

Gosh , did someone upset you. .

i still think Bluto is a better pedant. .