Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

9 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The lib dems could win a general election 🤣

People used to laugh at the idea of the SNP doing that at Holyrood.

They used to laugh at the idea of the SNP taking more than a few MPs to Westminster.

They used to laugh at the idea of Labour totally collapsing in Scotland.

If we go into another GE with Brexit still unresolved and the Brexit party, Tories and Labour all rejecting another EU referendum, the Lib Dems will be the only credible party involved in all UK constituency votes supporting another referendum. Let's just see shall we?

Edited by oaksoft

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
I wouldn't bet your luncheon vouchers on it if I were you!
emoji12.png

Oh I won't. oaksoft might though, it's his observation. I couldn't be arsed quoting the whole lengthy post.

I honestly can't remember when you last made a constructive post on here.

You have a lot to say about other people.

Feel free to enlighten us all with your brilliant insights into what's going on.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

They used to laugh at the idea of the SNP taking more than a few MPs to Westminster.

If we go into another GE with Brexit still unresolved and the Brexit party, Tories and Labour all rejecting another EU referendum, the Lib Dems will be the only credible party involved in all UK constituency votes supporting another referendum. Let's just see shall we?

Anyone who argues with this logic isn't living in the real world. The Lib Dem, along with the greens who will undoubtedly steal some of the labour votes too, ARE the only credible parties outside England for those who demand a second chance. People need to remember the split between "outs and ins" is almost 50/50.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
3 hours ago, stlucifer said:
Anyone who argues with this logic isn't living in the real world. The Lib Dem, along with the greens who will undoubtedly steal some of the labour votes too, ARE the only credible parties outside England for those who demand a second chance. People need to remember the split between "outs and ins" is almost 50/50.

"outside England"?

He meant Scotland I think.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Exactly.

And of course we have no idea how strong the Remain vote is.

If the EU is the big decider for people at the next GE, things could get very interesting.

People who can't see more than 6 inches from their own noses, usually because they are too busy laughing at others, always seem to get surprised when things like this happen. That's a lesson I'd pass onto my younger self BTW.

Guest TPAFKATS
I honestly can't remember when you last made a constructive post on here.
You have a lot to say about other people.
Feel free to enlighten us all with your brilliant insights into what's going on.
You've just confused me with you. Too much self reflection Mr Pot?

Guest TPAFKATS
Lib Dems have 12 mps in this parliament. To win the next election they'll need to get over 300. That's not happening.
The Labour vote ain't swinging to them by enough in hundreds of seats. Tories who don't vote tory will vote brexit party if they stand.

More people voted on the online petition to revoke Article 50 than voted for the Brexit Party......

Now that means thats most want us to stay, or more than likely, most are lazy bastards who cant be arsed going to a polling station .....................

21 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

More people voted on the online petition to revoke Article 50 than voted for the Brexit Party......

Now that means thats most want us to stay, or more than likely, most are lazy bastards who cant be arsed going to a polling station .....................

That's 6 million people who feel strongly about Remain who cannot vote any other party than the LibDems if they prioritise Remain over other issues.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

That's 6 million people who feel strongly about Remain who cannot vote any other party than the LibDems if they prioritise Remain over other issues.

And yet only 2.3 million voted Liberal, so where did the other 3.7m vote ?

Guest TPAFKATS

Peterborough by election yesterday. Sitting Labour MP forced to resign in disgrace. Peterborough voted leave during Brexit but now many regret that and polls show the town would probably vote to remain now.
Classic protest vote by election territory yet Labour still held the seat.
Some on here still believe the lib dems can win the next general election 🤣

37 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Peterborough by election yesterday. Sitting Labour MP forced to resign in disgrace. Peterborough voted leave during Brexit but now many regret that and polls show the town would probably vote to remain now.
Classic protest vote by election territory yet Labour still held the seat.
Some on here still believe the lib dems can win the next general election 🤣

This wasn't a general election vote and it was in a strong Leave constituency where 61% voted Leave. And the Lib Dems gained nearly 10%. You know that right? You also know that they don't have to win EVERY seat?

If all this makes you feel superior in some way then wire in.

Regardless of how things turn out, there will always be people like you prepared to act like total dicks over the views of other people. I've come to accept that in life. At least I don't have to tolerate you in person. 

BTW maybe the Prof. John Curtice's views will mean more to you when he said the following:-

Referring to the Conservatives, Labour, Brexit Party and Liberal Democrats earlier in the debate, Professor Curtice remarked: “All four of these parties are at the moment serious contenders for power in a forthcoming General Election."

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS

Oakys toys are oot the pram again [emoji3]

This is a particularly ironic quote from him considering he feels he has the right to minorities what they should accept being called

"Regardless of how things turn out, there will always be people like you prepared to act like total dicks over the views of other people."

On 6/6/2019 at 2:28 PM, oaksoft said:

The Greens have also been strong advocates of Remain, hence their improved performance in the EU elections. Whereas the Leave voters flooded to the Brexit Party and pretty much abandoned UKIP, the Remain vote was split between the Lib Dems and Greens in England. I myself opted for Greens over Lib Dems in the recent vote.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The Greens have also been strong advocates of Remain, hence their improved performance in the EU elections. Whereas the Leave voters flooded to the Brexit Party and pretty much abandoned UKIP, the Remain vote was split between the Lib Dems and Greens in England. I myself opted for Greens over Lib Dems in the recent vote.

Yep and interestjngly, the split of the Leave support between Tories and Brexit is the only reason Labour held onto that seat.

With a 17% drop in their vote they are kidding themselves if they think that was something worth celebrating.

The problem for Lib Dem and the Greens was starting from such a low base. The Greens are not really challenging though.

Although I do actually support a lot of the aims of the Greens, there is a touch of extremism, smugness and a virtually religious zeal about them which I find seriously off-putting.

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yep and interestjngly, the split of the Leave support between Tories and Brexit is the only reason Labour held onto that seat.

With a 17% drop in their vote they are kidding themselves if they think that was something worth celebrating.

The problem for Lib Dem and the Greens was starting from such a low base. The Greens are not really challenging though.

Although I do actually support a lot of the aims of the Greens, there is a touch of extremism, smugness and a virtually religious zeal about them which I find seriously off-putting.

I know the Lib Dems were down and out, but they recovered well by immediately latching onto the Remain side after the referendum. While I’m generally keen on the Green policies anyway, it was a no brainer for me as many of us still haven’t forgotten or forgiven the Lib Dems actions in 2010 by joining the Conservatives and going back on their own promises. I will admit that Lib Dem members who get elected down this way generally do a very good job of representing the area though.

Labour are f**ked while Brexit continues. They can’t call themselves Remain without losing their core Northeast England vote, but they can’t stick themselves on Leave either because it seems to be a very even split in their members, and choosing either side risks losing the other. They were lucky to hold onto that seat, but they won’t hold onto many in the current climate. They need the Tories to finalise Brexit before the next GE.

Re: the Peterborough by election my opinion is Labour prob'ly benefited from tactical voting being the party most likely to defeat NFs Brexit Party, in terms of a future GE I still think it's all to play for.

If you wanna be a Tory leader, you gotta take her out cocaine, Gove looks to be sunk by the drugs history and the double standards displayed throughout his ministerial tenure. BoJo has set out his stall be promising to raise the higher rate tax threshold which he hopes will play well in London :rolleyes: and it's amazing that Jeremy Cunt seems to have left the toxic legacy of his tenure as Health Secretary to become one of the front runners,

My prediction Hunt vs Johnson for the final run off.

Edit - BoJo's team backing down already! :rolleyes:

On the BBC’s Daily Politics the Tory minister Kwasi Kwarteng, who is on the programme as a Boris Johnson supporter, has just offered what might be the first hint of a climbdown by Johnson on tax cuts for the wealthy. Faced with complaints about Johnson’s policy being a handout to the rich, Kwarteng said that Johnson’s

Edited by Bud the Baker

Re: the Peterborough by election my opinion is Labour prob'ly benefited from tactical voting being the party most likely to defeat NFs Brexit Party, in terms of a future GE I still think it's all to play for.
If you wanna be a Tory leader, you gotta take her out cocaine, Gove looks to be sunk by the drugs history and the double standards displayed throughout his ministerial tenure. BoJo has set out his stall be promising to raise the higher rate tax threshold which he hopes will play well in London :rolleyes: and it's amazing that Jeremy Cunt seems to have left the toxic legacy of his tenure as Health Secretary to become one of the front runners,
Edit - BoJo's team backing down already! :rolleyes:
On the BBC’s Daily Politics the Tory minister Kwasi Kwarteng, who is on the programme as a Boris Johnson supporter, has just offered what might be the first hint of a climbdown by Johnson on tax cuts for the wealthy. Faced with complaints about Johnson’s policy being a handout to the rich, Kwarteng said that Johnson’s

a twat?

I see the Tory leadership candidates are falling over themselves to be "tough on Scotland, tough on the causes of Scotland". I well recall the morning after the IndyRef when Nigel Farage said that in future when Westminster told us to jump our answer had better be "how high" - with the Tory party going for the Brexit vote then to misquote D-Ream "things can only get worse" for Scotland. :whistle

Guest TPAFKATS

If you wanna be a Tory leader, you gotta take her out cocaine, Gove looks to be sunk by the drugs history and the double standards displayed throughout his ministerial tenure. BoJo has set out his stall be promising to raise the higher rate tax threshold which he hopes will play well in London default_rolleyes.gif and it's amazing that Jeremy Cunt seems to have left the toxic legacy of his tenure as Health Secretary to become one of the front runners,

Edit - BoJo's team backing down already! default_rolleyes.gif

The Labour share of the vote fell by over 15%.

3 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah but the argument is it would have fallen by more had it not been for tactical voting to keep the Brexit party out.

I still think it is not certain that England will return to a Cons/Lab duopoly by the time of the next election.

I think it depends if Brexit is done by then. If Brexit is sealed and finished, The Brexit Party become irrelevant. Lib Dems and Greens lose having the “Remain” option by that point, and will have to find other ways to keep their voters and increase the numbers. Once all the Brexit shit is out of the way, it goes back to voting Lab to keep Con out/Con to keep Lab out.