Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Glad you're coming round to my way of thinking. Not long till you accept that rescinding article 50 unilaterally is another viable option. 

I don't come around to anyone's way of thinking. Perfectly capable of making my own mind up, changing my mind and settling on a different opinion. :blink: I'm going to assume you missed out a smiley.

At no point did I say rescinding article 50 unilaterally was not a viable option. I have said that it would not be democratic. At that point antrim pounced into the debate, used a whole load of big words and bored everyone with vague wittering shite. That's probably where you forgot what I had previously posted. :P

I also said that IMO I want Brexit to be cancelled because I want unhindered freedom of movement and free trade with the EU. Having said that, if we do leave the EU I won't be crying into my soup. I'll be too busy re-pricing my stock and checking out how to continue exporting with as little fuss as possible. It's almost irrelevant what politicians do. What matters is that they do what we pay them to do. Make the rules, make decisions and backl the f**k off and let the rest of us get on with our lives. Brexit isn't the issue. Indecision and inaction is.

Edited by oaksoft

15 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I don't come around to anyone's way of thinking. Perfectly capable of making my own mind up, changing my mind and settling on a different opinion. :blink: I'm going to assume you missed out a smiley.

At no point did I say rescinding article 50 unilaterally was not a viable option. I have said that it would not be democratic. At that point antrim pounced into the debate, used a whole load of big words and bored everyone with vague wittering shite. That's probably where you forgot what I had previously posted. :P

I also said that IMO I want Brexit to be cancelled because I want unhindered freedom of movement and free trade with the EU. Having said that, if we do leave the EU I won't be crying into my soup. I'll be too busy re-pricing my stock and checking out how to continue exporting with as little fuss as possible. It's almost irrelevant what politicians do. What matters is that they do what we pay them to do. Make the rules, make decisions and backl the f**k off and let the rest of us get on with our lives. Brexit isn't the issue. Indecision and inaction is.

Best post yet on this ...................... because it is all down to us and how it impacts us, the rest is just very loud background noise

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

At no point did I say rescinding article 50 unilaterally was not a viable option. I have said that it would not be democratic. At that point antrin pounced into the debate, used a whole load of big words that utterly demolished all I'd posted .

There's no such thing as "big words" - small intellect was your problem, there.

Ironically, I see that above you've deployed wee words like "rescinding" and "unilaterally" and "viable" - all in one wee sentence! 

Kinda cuts the ankles off your childish comment, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The single most important thing over the next 10 days is going to be what will happen if there is no single idea which will win parliamentary approval. I'm not sure there is a majority for a second referendum.

Maybe we are heading for a delay of Brexit for another period of time. Short of a general election, I can't see any other scenario where May doesn't tell Parliament to GTF. She is absolutely determined not to have a second referendum and I believe she is genuine about that.

You obviously don't follow politics no bad thing I may add. Watch my lips. No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal. She is a bad sound bite changing whatever way the wind blows so many many times. The weakest PM since Chamberlain. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

8 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You obviously don't follow politics no bad thing I may add. Watch my lips. No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal. She is a bad sound bite changing whatever way the wind blows so many many times. The weakest PM since Chamberlain. 

Eh Gordon Brown !!!!

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Boring Brown like it or not had intelligence.  Dancing tow step hand step off beat May on the other hand. 

Hmmm IOBs thats debatable - after all he took over from Tony and inherited the Banking Crisis.............. incidently I cant stand May, she has to be the most out of touch PM we have had since Disraeli, and Tedious Tom tells me he was a bastard  

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Hmmm IOBs thats debatable - after all he took over from Tony and inherited the Banking Crisis.............. incidently I cant stand May, she has to be the most out of touch PM we have had since Disraeli, and Tedious Tom tells me he was a bastard  

Your spot on mate inherited the banking crisis. Sadly it is coming again the UK , America, Canada has more personal debt now than before the last banking crisis 

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Your spot on mate inherited the banking crisis. Sadly it is coming again the UK , America, Canada has more personal debt now than before the last banking crisis 

Yes heard that.............................  anyway your obviously in some hot country so what do u care :whistle

Well. In one, very small word,......….

Eh?

If she loses next week and can't get a deal through parliament, and calls a general election she'll be standing down at the same time as per her announcement just before Christmas.

Right now I am starting to veer towards a delay in Brexit being the only viable way forwards and I think that might become clear at the end of next week. I wonder whether we are just going to see Brexit delayed continually until the EU buckle and offer a better deal out of frustration and an inability to force the pace any other way.

Edited by stlucifer

30 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Boring Brown like it or not had intelligence.  Dancing tow step hand step off beat May on the other hand. 

You really are in no place to make comments like this about other human beings when you post incoherent pish like that second sentence.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:
We will leave and the likelihood is that we will do so without a deal and for the reasons you mentioned above , they were never going to give us a favourable deal to leave , instead they are trying their best to f**k it up for us. There are now other countries that want to leave as more and more sovereign states realise that linking the disparate economy's of several countries together for the financial benefit of Germany , jist disnae work. .the United States of Europe the German Empire is a huge corrupt mess. .

I don't think they (EU) are trying to f**k it up for us, they are just trying to protect their own interests as best they can. This is entirely reasonable in any negotiation, esp one regarding trade.

Trade has been an aberated subject on this planet for a long time,  we have gone to war over it in the past as someone decides to enforce their terms. Ridiculous really. .

52 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

To be fair to old Neville when he said "peace in our time" , he was giving the people what they wanted,  no one including himself had the stomach for another war at that time. .

The fact that he misread the ambitions of Mr Shickelgrubber is another matter. .

4 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Isn't that what's starting to happen now?

I think there's a majority who won't accept a "No Deal" Brexit, here is the split for Monday's vote. 

Obviously the next question is once Thelma (sic) loses Tuesday's vote can they stick together and stop her from driving us off the cliff?.

25 Labour MPs abstained on Monday night so it's not foregone conclusion yet - who's gonna blink first!

the amendment is substantially different from the vote on the deal, therefore the minds of the 25 labours can't be read on how they voted on Monday.  There is always a chance that some held a view that they should try to uphold parliamentary precedent and either abstained or simply weren't there rather than vote against labour's tactic of giving TM as much shit as possible at every opportunity.

10 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the amendment is substantially different from the vote on the deal, therefore the minds of the 25 labours can't be read on how they voted on Monday.  There is always a chance that some held a view that they should try to uphold parliamentary precedent and either abstained or simply weren't there rather than vote against labour's tactic of giving TM as much shit as possible at every opportunity.

It was an amendment put up by a tory MP. All it is doing is grabbing back some of the time May stole from the debate.

ETA. I should have read the post properly. I thought you were discussing the amendment forcing the tories to come back within 3 days if they lose the vote on the terms of the exit.

Edited by stlucifer

Guest TPAFKATS
Trade has been an aberated subject on this planet for a long time,  we have gone to war over it in the past as someone decides to enforce their terms. Ridiculous really. .
Not much chance of us going to war with EU - we'd need to borrow the French navy [emoji6]

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

It was an amendment put up by a tory MP. All it is doing is grabbing back some of the time May stole from the debate.

that is part of my point, Monday's vote is only slightly indicative of how things will go next week.  The Tories who supported the amendent may well flip and rally round their leader at the last minute.

My belief is that the labour party line was to support the amendment, even if it was a tory one, as it heaped pressure on TM and the 25 labour abstainees might have had other reasons for not voting than a possible penchant for Brexit.

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

that is part of my point, Monday's vote is only slightly indicative of how things will go next week.  The Tories who supported the amendent may well flip and rally round their leader at the last minute.

My belief is that the labour party line was to support the amendment, even if it was a tory one, as it heaped pressure on TM and the 25 labour abstainees might have had other reasons for not voting than a possible penchant for Brexit.

Don't like what's going on but some clever politics being played out.