Bud the Baker

3 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

Let's show those pesky foreigners.

Who really rules the waves.

How does the song go?

Rule Britannia,   Britannia, 

sorry, not any more, 

Rule Cyprus, Cyprus Rules the Waves

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/01/18/po-ferries-to-register-entire-english-channel-fleet-under-cyprus-flag/

1,000 Bomber on Strasbourg!

7 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

How does the song go?

sorry, not any more, 

https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/01/18/po-ferries-to-register-entire-english-channel-fleet-under-cyprus-flag/

Ferry to Famagusta please.  .

16 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I think you missed the point there Bud. .

No, what was unmentionable back in the 70s (and although Heath might not have broadcast it, it was hardly a secret) has come to pass and brooding over it will help no-one. A salient & contemporary point is the Trade Deal Japan has just reached with the EU - a "No Deal" Brexit or TMs deal would leave us outside this agreement which took 4 years to conclude. Even if we can negotiate an equivalent deal there would be a gap when we would be at a disadvantage compared to the remaining (sic) 27 EU countries - is it purely coincidence Hitachi scrapped a £16Bn nuclear power station in Anglesy yesterday? Even if it's not directly down to Brexit it's generally agreed that the mess over Nuclear Energy Policy has been worsened by the lack of attention given to anything other than than the government's flagship, erm, policy!

Edited by Bud the Baker

How does the song go?
sorry, not any more, 

EasyJet have been quietly doing similar for over a year now.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/easyjet-union-austrian-flags-planes-brexit/

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

No, what was unmentionable back in the 70s (and although Heath might not have broadcast it, it was hardly a secret) has come to pass and brooding over it will help no-one. A salient &contemporary point is the Trade Deal Japan has just reached with the EU - a "No Deal" Brexit or TMs deal would leave us outside this agreement which took 4 years to conclude. Even if we can negotiate an equivalent deal there would be a gap when we would be at a disadvantage compared to the remaining (sic) 27 EU countries - is it purely coincidence Hitachi scrapped a £16Bn nuclear power station in Anglesy yesterday? Even if it's not directly down to Brexit it's generally agreed that the mess over Nuclear Energy Policy has been worsened by the lack of attention given to anything other than than the government's flagship, erm, policy

Who needs a nuclear power station when we have all those wind turbines, I mean with all the wind that's about re Brexit the Grid must be like that blooming super bunny, I mean all we need to do is build a really bloody huge one and hang some yellow tape on it; so the planes don't bump into it and were sorted ..... surely?  B)

6 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The concensus of economic opinion is that leaving with no deal will damage the UK economy.

Economists from across the spectrum of opinion agree on this, they only differ on the level of damage that the economy will suffer.

It doesn't take much to cause the economy to crash, 2% in 2008 was enough to give us a decade of 'austerity'.

Who's consensus? because it is certainly not all and debatable if indeed there is a consensus?

Are these Economists from the same SPECTRE that Mr Bond fought? Oh sorry across the spectrum of opinion agree on this, this says nothing, far more across the same spectrum may disagree

I am assuming that you have had your crystal ball out and been led to believe that Brexit will cause an economic crash, otherwise how can you know, Oh wait a minute tch tch tch, I forgot .  Economists across the spectrum blah blah blah blah.  

If you want to argue or discuss, for goodness sake use your intellect man and don't quote all and sundry.

Guest TPAFKATS
Who's consensus? because it is certainly not all and debatable if indeed there is a consensus?
Are these Economists from the same SPECTRE that Mr Bond fought? Oh sorry across the spectrum of opinion agree on this, this says nothing, far more across the same spectrum may disagree
I am assuming that you have had your crystal ball out and been led to believe that Brexit will cause an economic crash, otherwise how can you know, Oh wait a minute tch tch tch, I forgot .  Economists across the spectrum blah blah blah blah.  
If you want to argue or discuss, for goodness sake use your intellect man and don't quote all and sundry.
You really need to calm down a bit and read my post again.
I didn't say brexit, I said a no deal brexit. You missed that because you are raging, so raging that you'd be happy to f**k up the economy and put the UK through the wringer just to shout will of the people.
FFS, you're even disagreeing with yourself in that post.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

No, what was unmentionable back in the 70s (and although Heath might not have broadcast it, it was hardly a secret) has come to pass and brooding over it will help no-one. A salient &contemporary point is the Trade Deal Japan has just reached with the EU - a "No Deal" Brexit or TMs deal would leave us outside this agreement which took 4 years to conclude. Even if we can negotiate an equivalent deal there would be a gap when we would be at a disadvantage compared to the remaining (sic) 27 EU countries - is it purely coincidence Hitachi scrapped a £16Bn nuclear power station in Anglesy yesterday? Even if it's not directly down to Brexit it's generally agreed that the mess over Nuclear Energy Policy has been worsened by the lack of attention given to anything other than than the government's flagship, erm, policy!

Now we are well off the point . I really don't give a monkeys f**k about some trade deal done by Europe , l really don't . People are talking about how leaving the fascist supers-state , the Fourth Reich Europe will be detrimental to our ecomony , well maybe it will and maybe it wont but what we do know is that Europe has certainly destroyed the ecomony of more than one country. Another country in the Club is finding out that you get sanctions when your people reject Europe's imigration policy . Europe is a corrupt , undemocratic f**kup , set up for the financial benefit of Germany and they want to remove sovereignity from ever other country( Merkel has confirmed that) . We will leave , sooner rather than later . .hopefully

Guest TPAFKATS
Now we are well off the point . I really don't give a monkeys f**k about some trade deal done by Europe , l really don't . People are talking about how leaving the fascist supers-state , the Fourth Reich Europe will be detrimental to our ecomony , well maybe it will and maybe it wont but what we do know is that Europe has certainly destroyed the ecomony of more than one country. Another country in the Club is finding out that you get sanctions when your people reject Europe's imigration policy . Europe is a corrupt , undemocratic f**kup , set up for the financial benefit of Germany and they want to remove sovereignity from ever other country( Merkel has confirmed that) . We will leave , sooner rather than later . .hopefully
The point is that the trade deal done by Europe and Japan includes us. Once we leave it doesn't include us, therefore we will be worse off as we no longer have a trade deal with Japan. This will have a negative impact on UK economy.
Also Japanese business that is currently based in UK is likely to move to one of the EU countries for access to the 27 countries.

59 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You really need to calm down a bit and read my post again.
I didn't say brexit, I said a no deal brexit. You missed that because you are raging, so raging that you'd be happy to f**k up the economy and put the UK through the wringer just to shout will of the people.
FFS, you're even disagreeing with yourself in that post.

SO my very clever friend just WTF NO DEAL are we discussing?  Splitting hairs my friend because you don't know WTF you are talking about, the last time I saw so much shi*e it was from a babys arse.  I am not raging although I am pissed off that plonkers like you want to ignore the vote that decided to leave .... just because you think YOU know better than those who voted to leave.

Guest TPAFKATS
SO my very clever friend just WTF NO DEAL are we discussing?  Splitting hairs my friend because you don't know WTF you are talking about, the last time I saw so much shi*e it was from a babys arse.  I am not raging although I am pissed off that plonkers like you want to ignore the vote that decided to leave .... just because you think YOU know better than those who voted to leave.
Yeah you're definitely not raging 🤣

Guest TPAFKATS
Never mind quoting other people; use your brain and put forward your OWN arguments not regurgitate other peoples, maybe then you might gain some credibility ... although I very much doubt it.
It's an article about brexit in the brexit thread. It's not supposed to be an argument.