Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

policy . Europe is a corrupt , undemocratic f**kup , set up for the financial benefit of Germany and they want to remove sovereignity from ever other country( Merkel has confirmed that) . 

I appear to have missed this. Could you please post a link to the source where Merkel confirms this?

Ya tin foil tube.

22 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Britain.  Imperialist? 

Never!  Surely? 

However... there are other views of our past. 

Are you suggesting there is a view that Britain was not imperialist? 

Even for you that would be really pushing far in to fantasy land.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

The point is that the trade deal done by Europe and Japan includes us. Once we leave it doesn't include us, therefore we will be worse off as we no longer have a trade deal with Japan. This will have a negative impact on UK economy.
Also Japanese business that is currently based in UK is likely to move to one of the EU countries for access to the 27 countries.

They are beyond help. Only the extreme left were mad enough until now to think you could exist in the world now without international partnerships and trade deals.

Every single country is absolutely going to rip the c**t out of Britain (hopefully England & Wales by that point) when negotiating trade deals. Japan is one thing, but the former colonies will be absolutely loving it. The desperation will be almost tangible. It will all be ok though, they'll just send David Davis to negotiate it and it will be another strong outcome for the empire! Hooray! 

The good thing is the new deals will almost certainly need to make it easier for people with brown skin to come in to the UK. Will be amusing to see the reaction from the brexit bigots when that becomes clear!

3 hours ago, Kemp said:

Are you suggesting there is a view that Britain was not imperialist? 

Even for you that would be really pushing far in to fantasy land.

That was thoroughly Tongue in Cheek.Of course Britain was an Imperialist Power. Most, but not all of the lands that were occupied have won their freedom but Britain has held on in various forms or another,  in others.  

I'll ignore the jibe. I have no interest in posting any untruths.

Edited by St.Ricky

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

The point is that the trade deal done by Europe and Japan includes us. Once we leave it doesn't include us, therefore we will be worse off as we no longer have a trade deal with Japan. This will have a negative impact on UK economy.
Also Japanese business that is currently based in UK is likely to move to one of the EU countries for access to the 27 countries.

As already stated Tony , l don't count a one trade deal as a reason to stay in a corrupt , undemocratic superstate .  If Europe was so good there wouldn't be others wanting to leave . I just don't see how trading off your countries sovereignty is a good deal , ever . There may well just be a wee bit of propaganda going on also. .

3 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I have set up a wee thread for people like you. .

Hope this helps:wink:

So the question is, do you agree with the author of the article you linked to that Merkel increased the immigration levels in Germany because she is childless and is therefore using immigrants as a proxy for her missing children?

Guest TPAFKATS
As already stated Tony , l don't count a one trade deal as a reason to stay in a corrupt , undemocratic superstate .  If Europe was so good there wouldn't be others wanting to leave . I just don't see how trading off your countries sovereignty is a good deal , ever . There may well just be a wee bit of propaganda going on also. .
It's more than one trade deal though, it's all the trade deals that we currently have as a member of EU.
We should leave in a way that is most beneficial, or least damaging for us. At the moment there's a lot of folk demanding self harm just to prove a point.

10 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's more than one trade deal though, it's all the trade deals that we currently have as a member of EU.
We should leave in a way that is most beneficial, or least damaging for us. At the moment there's a lot of folk demanding self harm just to prove a point.

Aye, that's the bit that truly astounds me, also.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I think it will be better for us to negotiate our own deals, when the time comes . I really don't know that "self harm" is the case , it is certainly what Europe and it's supporters want us to believe . I don't think anyone really knows . 

Guest TPAFKATS
I think it will be better for us to negotiate our own deals, when the time comes . I really don't know that "self harm" is the case , it is certainly what Europe and it's supporters want us to believe . I don't think anyone really knows . 
We leave in just over 2 months time. What trade deals do we have in place?

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:09 PM, jaybee said:

Who's consensus? because it is certainly not all and debatable if indeed there is a consensus?

Are these Economists from the same SPECTRE that Mr Bond fought? Oh sorry across the spectrum of opinion agree on this, this says nothing, far more across the same spectrum may disagree

I am assuming that you have had your crystal ball out and been led to believe that Brexit will cause an economic crash, otherwise how can you know, Oh wait a minute tch tch tch, I forgot .  Economists across the spectrum blah blah blah blah.  

If you want to argue or discuss, for goodness sake use your intellect man and don't quote all and sundry.

you forgot that some prominent "leave" protagonists also accepted that withdrawal will mean some damage to the economy in the short term.  Damage is damage and an economy is a ongoing process of incremental gain or loss, any gain is consolidated, as is a loss, so even if you have a 2% shrinkage followed by a 3% gain, you have still lost

On 1/20/2019 at 12:10 PM, cockles1987 said:
On 1/20/2019 at 11:56 AM, TPAFKATS said:
We leave in just over 2 months time. What trade deals do we have in place?

the correct question would be "what trade deals will be in place on or immediately after leaving and are ready to rock?

it's the same answer though.

Edited by beyond our ken

8 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

you forgot that some prominent "leave" protagonists also accepted that withdrawal will mean some damage to the economy in the short term.  Damage is damage and an economy is a ongoing process of incremental gain or loss, any gain is consolidated, as is a loss, so even if you have a 2% shrinkage followed by a 3% gain, you have still lost

Fair comment; I am really not trying to deny, nor admit other peoples interpretations of the short, medium or long term effect of Brexit,  I am absolutely sure there will be 'shall we just say repercussions' whichever way it goes, my simple argument has been re the validity of any government / politician/ Parliament that denies the (corny or not) will of the voters who supported Brexit.  I understand, appreciate and accept the validity of some of the arguments, (although not all of them) but there seems to be considerable vilification of posters who 'dare to disagree' with certain peoples point of view.  My viewpoint is we should do what was intended, which is leave , completely with no continuing legal requirement to comply with EEC legislation, that is my interpretation of Brexit, this does not mean that we cannot re-negotiate trade deals or 'accommodations' but from an external position.

Tick-tock!

No second vote on Brexit deal likely before February, says No 10

Vote next week will not be ‘meaningful’ as Theresa May continues to find solution

May’s spokesman said the vote due to be held on 29 January was not “a second meaningful vote” and the government’s motion would not spell out in detail the next stage of the prime minister’s plan to get a Brexit deal through parliament.

Edited by Bud the Baker

JB, whilst your enthusiasm for "we said leave, so lets leave" is laudable, it could be argued that the mandate passed to the politicians to carry it through, has not prevailed and it should really now be passed back to the people to decide.

How would the UK, without a requirement to recognise EU law and its primacy, be in a position to "re-negotiate" trade deals with the EU? They simply wouldn't.

Guest TPAFKATS
So it seems May's plan B is to carry on with plan A.
She's deliberately running down the clock in the hope that MPs will eventually vote for any old shite rather than leave with no deal.
Think that's been the case since before Christmas, possibly since a few months after the vote.

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

So it seems May's plan B is to carry on with plan A.

She's deliberately running down the clock in the hope that MPs will eventually vote for any old shite rather than leave with no deal.

It would appear to be her game plan but given there are around 70-80 mps in favour of a no deal it surely won't come to pass. She will have this wrestled out of her hands somehow before it comes to that.

On 1/19/2019 at 2:04 PM, saintnextlifetime said:

But the EU is democratic and probably the least corrupt political body on the planet :lol:

Just admit you are a xenophobe and be done with it.

Leave voters think that Europe should help Britain to strike new international trade deals but that Scotland should become a pariah if it leaves the UK, according to an academic report.

There is a double standard among Brexiteers on constitutional change, analysis of public opinion commissioned by UK in a Changing Europe suggests. The analysis confirms studies that suggested that voters in England were more likely to believe that Scottish independence and violence in Ireland were a price worth paying to get out of the EU.

From the times, apparently almost 50% of English voters think the EU should help us strike new global trade deals after leaving, but only 35%  think that the UK should help an independent Scotland find it's way into other treaties like NATO.  It takes a thick, arrogant and crazy bastard to reconcile these two views and yet parliament is expected to respect the democratic will of said thick, arrogant and crazy bastards..  Regardless of the outcome of the process in parliament a significant number of thick, arrogant and crazy bastards will be absolutely livid about that outcome.

Meanwhile, unemployment is on the rise and the health service is creaking, homelessness and poverty have become endemic and our armed forces are sadly depleted and increasingly committed.  

I say, ignore the referrendum, keep us in Europe and deal with the above problems.  People will moan like f***k anyway so at least let them moan with jobs, trade and money coming in to the exchequer.  i expect politicians to act like good parents, having been told what the kids want for christmas, do they fulfill the request for rope, razor blades and a playpen on the edge of a cliff or do they say, "shut it junior, I'll replace your broken scalextric and playstation"