Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

22 hours ago, Kemp said:

But the EU is democratic and probably the least corrupt political body on the planet :lol:

Just admit you are a xenophobe and be done with it.

Sounds like you are unable to find things out for yourself , I suspect you are still getting spoon fed by someone , " the least corrupt political body on the planet" , are you really that niave or just a bit dim ? Or can nothing get through that tinfoil hat your wearing ? l take it that was a self portrait of you on the other thread. .

As for the last sentence , l bet that gave you a wee toffee mallet typing that . .

Guest TPAFKATS
That's probably about half the British Army nowadays. .
It's OK the weekend soldiers are also on standby. I know a couple, if they give them a semi automatic weapon and send them out into an urban area there will be carnage.

51 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Dyson, moral vacuum

Because of Dyson, 12000 men and women are able to put food on their families tables having been paid well to do interesting and technically challenging work.

That's before we start counting the number of employees of subsidiary businesses which feed off the giant.

How many people have you done that for?

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Because of Dyson, 12000 men and women are able to put food on their families tables having been paid well to do interesting and technically challenging work.

That's before we start counting the number of employees of subsidiary businesses which feed off the giant.

How many people have you done that for?

Because of the hard work and innovation of 12000 people James Dyson is a billionaire.

He's also a tax dodging c**t who has already moved his manufacturing to Asia a few years ago so these workers ain't in UK which will be a surprise to many of the Gammon chops who hail him and the wetherspoons c**t as hero's.

He is now moving his hq which means Dyson will be paying tax in Singapore not UK.

Still he's not too daft, he's spent years campaigning for brexit and now with weeks to go moved his company to a country that's just signed a trade deal with EU.

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Because of the hard work and innovation of 12000 people James Dyson is a billionaire.

He's also a tax dodging c**t who has already moved his manufacturing to Asia a few years ago so these workers ain't in UK which will be a surprise to many of the Gammon chops who hail him and the wetherspoons c**t as hero's.

He is now moving his hq which means Dyson will be paying tax in Singapore not UK.

Still he's not too daft, he's spent years campaigning for brexit and now with weeks to go moved his company to a country that's just signed a trade deal with EU.

There is truth in that first sentence of course but you obviously appreciate that without people like Dyson there would be no jobs for those 12000 people right? I ask because you seem to be determined to ignore that inconvenient truth. Dyson ended up over £1m in debt trying to build that business. I'm wondering how you think those 12000 would have ganged together to create a similar size of company. Without risk takers like Dyson there would be no jobs at all and we'd be living in caves. And yes. Of course many of these people are bastards but you should not ignore the bigger picture of mass employment.

As for the rest of it, he is entitled to minimise his tax and to do whatever is best to maintain the 12000 jobs he nearly bankrupted himself to create - as long as it's legal.

There's always a reek of jealousy amongst lefties.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
There is truth in that first sentence of course but you obviously appreciate that without people like Dyson there would be no jobs for those 12000 people right? I ask because you seem to be determined to ignore that inconvenient truth. Dyson ended up over £1m in debt trying to build that business. I'm wondering how you think those 12000 would have ganged together to create a similar size of company. Without risk takers like Dyson there would be no jobs at all and we'd be living in caves. And yes. Of course many of these people are bastards but you should not ignore the bigger picture of mass employment.
As for the rest of it, he is entitled to minimise his tax and to do whatever is best to maintain the 12000 jobs he nearly bankrupted himself to create - as long as it's legal.
There's always a reek of jealousy amongst lefties.
Petty insults from you aside, can you tell me more about these 12000 jobs he's supporting?
How many are actually in the country that has supported him to get his business built up?

You insinuate that he's some kind of philanthropist helping folk out by giving them jobs when actually he's paying people for their time, skill, ideas and effort.

The vast majority, over 11000, are abroad because labour is cheaper. It was only his HQ and r and d function that remained until yesterday.

Oh and as for ganging together to make a similar sized company - that's irrelevant. Size isn't everything [emoji57]
I'm not jealous of James Dyson and you'll need to explain why you mean by leftie.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

The vast majority, over 11000, are abroad because labour is cheaper. It was only his HQ and r and d function that remained until yesterday.

Just short of 5000 are in the UK. Only 560 jobs went to cheaper wages in Malaysia:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45345778

If it's evidence of philanthropy you want try here:

https://www.jamesdysonfoundation.co.uk/

You have a cheek talking about lies coming from the Leave campaign. :lol:

Now get back to my question and show me what you've done in comparison to this guy?

Edited by oaksoft

10 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

Hey Tony , did Dyson piss on your chips. .

Guest TPAFKATS
Just short of 5000 are in the UK. Only 560 jobs went to cheaper wages in Malaysia:

You have a cheek talking about lies coming from the Leave campaign. [emoji38]
Now get back to my question and show me what you've done in comparison to this guy?
After yesterdays announcement those jobs are gone

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

You have a cheek talking about lies coming from the Leave campaign. emoji38.png

After yesterdays announcement those jobs are gone

Now you've been caught lying about that as well.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46962093

Edited by oaksoft

On 1/22/2019 at 11:42 PM, antrin said:

Some interesting stuff, here:

The only problem is that it's factual and a slim majority of voters have no interest in such shite. :)

I did try and make this point during the whole referendum debacle. Only an absolutely tiny percentage of the rules we follow in the UK have been "imposed" by the (democratically elected) lawmakers in the EU. And it is generally positive stuff that protects the consumer. To suggest the UK in any way lost the power to make its own decisions to the EU is laughable.

The problem now is Brexiteers surely realise they have been spun a whole load of shite but rather than admit they are probably too stupid to participate in a democracy they will double down with their head firmly in the sand. Indeed, we have a couple of the zoomers here on this very thread!

28 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

How gullible are you?

Caught lying, ffs get a grip columbo

I should just trust your "gut instinct" should I?

Only you can possibly know what you thought you were going to gain by trying to spread two blatant lies.

Tell you what, I would rather have one tax dodging James Dyson than 12000 lying whiny bastards like you. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Only you can possibly know what you thought you were going to gain by trying to spread two blatant lies.
Tell you what, I would rather have one tax dodging James Dyson than 12000 lying whiny bastards like you. [emoji38]

Two blatant lies - the faux indignation is funny. It's something Dickson excelled at

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

I did try and make this point during the whole referendum debacle. Only an absolutely tiny percentage of the rules we follow in the UK have been "imposed" by the (democratically elected) lawmakers in the EU. And it is generally positive stuff that protects the consumer. To suggest the UK in any way lost the power to make its own decisions to the EU is laughable.

The problem now is Brexiteers surely realise they have been spun a whole load of shite but rather than admit they are probably too stupid to participate in a democracy they will double down with their head firmly in the sand. Indeed, we have a couple of the zoomers here on this very thread!

added to that Kemp the UK could have used their veto to block any of the changes...…...they didn't use it!!

17 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

added to that Kemp the UK could have used their veto to block any of the changes...…...they didn't use it!!

Controversial maybe,  but we joined when it suited us (why not) and it looks like we are leaving when it suits us (at least via the ref result) 

Joining followed the law of unintended consequences and leaving will be subject to this. 

My first choice would be parliament voting to stay.  Yes.. I know.. Will of the people. 

But... There are real dangers of unrest in the streets by right winger extremists should that happen

Second choice.. People's Vote. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Controversial maybe,  but we joined when it suited us (why not) and it looks like we are leaving when it suits us (at least via the ref result) 

Joining followed the law of unintended consequences and leaving will be subject to this. 

My first choice would be parliament voting to stay.  Yes.. I know.. Will of the people. 

But... There are real dangers of unrest in the streets by right winger extremists should that happen

Second choice.. People's Vote. 

I wasn't offering an opinion on any of the options going forward nor an opinion on the referendum, just fed up with the utter drivel fed to us by politicians and business leaders as justification to "push their own ends"...….. 

2 hours ago, WeeBud said:

This is so often conveniently ignored.

I often get asked down here how I can support Scottish independence but want to remain in the EU. The EU countries are much more equal in decision making. In the UK, if England and Scotland want different, England wins.

14 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
14 hours ago, oaksoft said:
Tell you what, I would rather have one tax dodging James Dyson than 12000 lying whiny bastards like you. emoji38.png

Two blatant lies - the faux indignation is funny. It's something Dickson excelled at

I should have known better than to expect the likes of you to acknowledge that you made a mistake in both cases. :lol:

Maybe you'll pipe down the next time anyone starts discussing lies from the Leave side.

Guest TPAFKATS
I should have known better than to expect the likes of you to acknowledge that you made a mistake in both cases. [emoji38]
Maybe you'll pipe down the next time anyone starts discussing lies from the Leave side.

You didn't accuse me of making a mistake. You accused me of lying you pompous condescending oaf