Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

Unbelievable that anyone needs an explanation on how SNP rule has made life worse. Scexit will be a complete nightmare. Once we eventually crash out and the pound tanks at the same time as rampant inflation the morons that make up Scot Nats of the voters on this backwards little part of an island might realise what they have done.

default_laugh.png

Fixed it for you

25 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, oaksoft said:
I should have known better than to expect the likes of you to acknowledge that you made a mistake in both cases. emoji38.png
Maybe you'll pipe down the next time anyone starts discussing lies from the Leave side.

You didn't accuse me of making a mistake. You accused me of lying you pompous condescending oaf

Yeah you are right. You were downright lying. My mistake.

19 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
20 hours ago, oaksoft said:
I should just trust your "gut instinct" should I?
Only you can possibly know what you thought you were going to gain by trying to spread two blatant lies.
Tell you what, I would rather have one tax dodging James Dyson than 12000 lying whiny bastards like you. emoji38.png

Two blatant lies - the faux indignation is funny. It's something Dickson excelled at

The problem that oakstur is that his mindset dusnae allow for people disgreeing with his fixed opinions , because in his own we world he is always right. If you do disagree with him or if he disagrees with you ( that's him giving you a chance to adopt his sanctimonious thinking) and you still don't agreee with him , then he chucks the rattle oot the pram and has a go at petty invalidation of you. He's too lazy to do his own research and thinks we should just trust the government and media to tell us the truth. .

47 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

The problem that oakstur is that his mindset dusnae allow for people disgreeing with his fixed opinions , because in his own we world he is always right.

I don’t agree with this.

Many of us (including myself) have our differences with oaksoft. However, more than once, when presented with factual information that has completely proven them wrong, I have seen oaksoft state along the lines of “I stand corrected”. As I’ve said, I’ve had my debates and disagreements with Oaky, and I will probably continue to do so. But unlike many others on here who either disappear when proven wrong, or just continue to spout shite, Oaky will own up to it and accept your point if you present them with proper evidence.

22 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Is it being considered? 

It is indeed, Sturgeon is just biding her time. I think she’s waiting to see what happens on the 29th March when Brexit goes through, and then go from there. While Brexit deals can come and change until then I don’t think it would be wise to call one.

Guest TPAFKATS
I for one am shocked to see another of the forums biggest bawbags is another braindead unionist!
He just a sad lonely troll who follows folk around hurling insults in the hope of getting attention either from me or making a pal in oaksoft.
Best ignored

Jean-Claude Juncker has told Theresa May in a private phone call that shifting her red lines in favour of a permanent customs union is the price she will need to pay for the EU revising the Irish backstop.

Without a major shift in the prime minister’s position, the European commission president told May that the current terms of the withdrawal agreement were non-negotiable.

Details of the call, contained in a leaked diplomatic note, emerged as Juncker’s deputy, Frans Timmermans, said there had been no weakening of the resolve in Brussels in support of Ireland, and accused the Tory Brexiters of a “cavalier” approach to peace.

“Let me be extremely clear: there is no way I could live in a situation where we throw Ireland under the bus,” Timmermans said. “As far as the European commission is concerned, the backstop is an essential element for showing to Ireland and to the rest of Europe that we are in this together.”

Edited by Bud the Baker

Theresa May & the ERG/DUP seem to have out-stared the Remain rebels in her party by getting them to agree to an amendment to the Brexit Bill calling for a new Backstop to be negotiated :wacko: and the Transition Period to be extended for a year until the end of 2021. This has resulted in a change of plans at Westminster with TM is now going to open today's debate outlining the new deal she hopes to take negotiate. at Brussels.

The proposals have already being dismissed as unworkable in Brussels & Dublin. :boxing

Strong & Stable!

The government has scheduled a Commons statement today on HM Revenue and Customs estate transformation. As the Labourwhips Twitter account says, this is obviously to push back the start of the debate by about an hour, until around 1.30pm, because there is no reason why MPs need to hear an update on this today.

It might be because May needs more time to negotiate the terms of the assurances she is going to offer in her speech (see 10.30am), or it might be because she just needs more time to write the wretched thing.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Some wise words from Tony "Toxic" Blair..................... "

Blair says people should listen to MPs on Brexit because MPs are better informed

Politicians should be ready to “stand up” to members of the public who brand them elitist because they argue for a second Brexit referendum, Tony Blair has said. Speaking at the launch of the annual Edelman Trust Barometer in London, he said people should listen to what MPs say about Brexit because MPs were likely to be better informed.

As the Press Association reports, Blair recalled an encounter with a member of the public in which he tried to explain details of the working of the EU’s single market and customs union which made him oppose Brexit, only to receive the reply: “You’re just trying to say to me that you know far more about this than I do.” Blair went on:

I was prime minister for 10 years.

I want to say to people, I follow Newcastle United, if a game is on the TV I will watch it, but I know that Rafa Benitez has forgotten more about football in one day than I will ever know.

It’s not because he is smarter than me - though he probably is smarter than me - it’s because that’s what he spends his life doing.

You send people to parliament and that’s their day job. It’s not your day job. So if they study the detail and say this is a bad idea, they are not squabbling children, they are doing what you sent them to parliament to do.

If you explain that to people they regard this as the elite fighting back. It’s absurd. We have got to have politicians who stand up and say ‘No, that is not a sensible way of looking at this’.

This is an argument contains an obvious truth, but it is not something MPs say in public these days - and even Blair would have thought twice about putting it in these terms when he was in the Commons himself. In the 19030s the Labour politician Douglas Jay famously wrote: “The gentleman in Whitehall really does know better what is good for people than the people know themselves.” But this quote became a byword for establishment hubris and ever since MPs have been extremely nervous about ever saying they are better informed than their voters.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
Some wise words from Tony "Toxic" Blair..................... "

Blair says people should listen to MPs on Brexit because MPs are better informed

Politicians should be ready to “stand up” to members of the public who brand them elitist because they argue for a second Brexit referendum, Tony Blair has said. Speaking at the launch of the annual Edelman Trust Barometer in London, he said people should listen to what MPs say about Brexit because MPs were likely to be better informed.

As the Press Association reports, Blair recalled an encounter with a member of the public in which he tried to explain details of the working of the EU’s single market and customs union which made him oppose Brexit, only to receive the reply: “You’re just trying to say to me that you know far more about this than I do.” Blair went on:

I was prime minister for 10 years.
I want to say to people, I follow Newcastle United, if a game is on the TV I will watch it, but I know that Rafa Benitez has forgotten more about football in one day than I will ever know.
It’s not because he is smarter than me - though he probably is smarter than me - it’s because that’s what he spends his life doing.
You send people to parliament and that’s their day job. It’s not your day job. So if they study the detail and say this is a bad idea, they are not squabbling children, they are doing what you sent them to parliament to do.
If you explain that to people they regard this as the elite fighting back. It’s absurd. We have got to have politicians who stand up and say ‘No, that is not a sensible way of looking at this’.

This is an argument contains an obvious truth, but it is not something MPs say in public these days - and even Blair would have thought twice about putting it in these terms when he was in the Commons himself. In the 19030s the Labour politician Douglas Jay famously wrote: “The gentleman in Whitehall really does know better what is good for people than the people know themselves.” But this quote became a byword for establishment hubris and ever since MPs have been extremely nervous about ever saying they are better informed than their voters.

There was an MP (Tory) on TV at the weekend ripping up letter from EU and rabbiting about D day as his had had been a veteran.
Does he know better than the people?

It's getting serious now.......................

Posted at 11:57

'I've seen them stock-piling a load of Irn-Bru'

The BBC's Newsnight programme has been hitch-hiking around the country talking about Brexit...

The second leg of The Hitchhiker's Guide to Brexit (not quite) saw Stephen Smith travel to Scotland... https://bbc.in/2G13Q8K #newsnight | @StephenSmithBBC

Social embed from twitter

•  
      Embedded video

Just saw a leaked document post Brexit which affects football.

1. UK Teams with non nationals will be permitted to keep them but compensation will be paid to the uk to accommodate them.

2. UK Teams with a player from : The Czech Republic will be awarded £1,000,000  ; Romania and Croatia  will be awarded £5,000,000 ; Denmark will be awarded £100,000

What would we do with over £2,000,000 ?

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, TPAFKATS said:

Because of the hard work and innovation of 12000 people James Dyson is a billionaire.

He's also a tax dodging c**t who has already moved his manufacturing to Asia a few years ago so these workers ain't in UK which will be a surprise to many of the Gammon chops who hail him and the wetherspoons c**t as hero's.

He is now moving his hq which means Dyson will be paying tax in Singapore not UK.

Still he's not too daft, he's spent years campaigning for brexit and now with weeks to go moved his company to a country that's just signed a trade deal with EU.

He forgot to say that, since Dyson moved production to the far east, not only men and women have jobs making his products, a bunch of children do as well.