Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

Guest TPAFKATS
It must be terrible to be incapable of spending more than a few minutes listening to the opinions of others who don't share your views and to only want to talk or be amongst those who only share your views and then to bleat about how divided our country is.
We have become a nation  of snowflakes. [emoji38]
Sheesh! Lighten up guys. We'll all be dead soon enough. Live while you are alive.
Of course no one said that, but you know that.

Whoodathunkit?

Japan is seeking tougher concessions from Britain in trade talks than it secured from the EU, while negotiations between London and Tokyo are also being slowed by the looming risk of no-deal Brexit.

Japanese trade negotiators are confident they can extract better terms, the Financial Times reported, in a sign of the mounting difficulties facing UK officials as they attempt to line up post-Brexit trade deals around the world.

Edited by Bud the Baker

23 hours ago, billyg said:

Yes , but for everyone, like you and I, who can see through it , there are at least the same amount who will swallow the story. The Beeb are preying on those who can't seem to look at the big picture and make their own minds up ! 

Even worse, Billy.  it is produced in Glasgow (is Annie Maguire still a producer?) as a national series.

you should take a look (a short one) at the QT facebook page.  it is an unmoderated vehicle for Brexiteers in general.  One guy thinks we WILL use the 39 billion to buy back land rover and start producing better cars than Nissan only for the UK and that will make Britain great again.

22 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

A song to reflect the mood. 

The misery comes from May's inability to negotiate with people who , deep down , want the same as her so me get a Remainers deal which is rejected by all . .

Looks like a no deal , is looming as we close in on the 2yr transition period.  The Great Escape is still on.   

11 hours ago, FTOF said:

He stops just short of labelling conspiracy theory nutters as mentally deficient.

Just short and no more.

I think he describes the reason why they believe such guff, absolutely spot on TBH.

Edited by oaksoft

On 1/17/2019 at 1:59 PM, antrin said:

If May gets rid of her self-imposed Red Lines for Brexit, a deal could be done - but that would lose the support of her right wing xenophobic Tories and so destroy her party.

If she surrenders to them and propels us into a No Deal brexit, then that would destroy the country.

An easy choice for normal people.

Brexit: May has ruled out Corbyn's customs union plan – No 10 - Whodathunkit?

As someone said in another thread - Tick-Tock!

Another day, another delay!

Theresa May hopes to convince the House of Commons on Tuesday to give her another fortnight’s grace to keep pushing for changes to the Irish backstop – despite the insistence of Michel Barnier that it is Britain that must compromise.

Tick-Tock!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Found this Dutch joke about Brexit funny

But mainly, a country they once felt they knew has become a mystery. When parliament sent Theresa May back to Brussels to renegotiate, the Dutch paper Trouw described it thus: “It’s a bit like the crew of the Titanic deciding, by majority vote, that the iceberg really must get out of the way.”

9 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

There is duplicity in what May is saying and that has been the case from the start . We have a very interesting situation where a Party of remainers is led by a leaver and a Party of leavers is being led by a remainer , doing her best to please Herr Juncker. .

Spot on ..   Proving the point that'many' politicians are liars, cheats and vagabonds (trying to keep it clean). :(

39 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

There is duplicity in what May is saying and that has been the case from the start . We have a very interesting situation where a Party of remainers is led by a leaver and a Party of leavers is being led by a remainer , doing her best to please Herr Juncker. .

Which one of the "leave" candidates that May defeated in the Conservative leadership contest would you have had then.....I am no fan of May nor a supporter of any particular political party but due to the quality of MP's in that contest she couldn't lose!!

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

Spot on ..   Proving the point that'many' politicians are liars, cheats and vagabonds (trying to keep it clean). :(

Indeed May was long regarded as being Eurosceptic and as I have pointed out previously was initially in the running to lead the LEAVE campaign, after switching sides she made one speech during the referendum campaign, clearly with one eye on the future. It's one reason I have no sympathy for her present predicament as she's only herself to blame.

Edited by Bud the Baker

26 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

There is no doubt that May is duplicitous and is pro - Europe just like every PM going back to McMillan with the exception of Thatcher who turned her coat near the end ( and got tufted out by her own for it). But what is in it for May as she sells her country down the swany.  .

Mrs Sound bite is playing a dangerous game , will we stay or will we go ? Another two years of negotiations would not surprise me given her delay. 

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Mrs Sound bite is playing a dangerous game , will we stay or will we go ? Another two years of negotiations would not surprise me given her delay. 

We will go l have no doubt but her deal is worse than the deal we have and puts us in a backstop bubble with no article 50 to trigger to get out of it. .

I think she will attempt to put a political gun to the head of her Party and say my way or a long delay.  .

She is now obvious despite herself.  

9 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

We will go l have no doubt but her deal is worse than the deal we have and puts us in a backstop bubble with no article 50 to trigger to get out of it. .

I think she will attempt to put a political gun to the head of her Party and say my way or a long delay.  .

She is now obvious despite herself.  

Worse deal than we have now half in half out with no vote or to fight for change with the EU. Nuts ! 

Anna Soubry withdrawing her Ammendment - the Tories are all going to fall in line behind May again aren't they?

Government has agreed to meet to identify and then publish the relevant papers detailing the devastating effect a #NoDeal #Brexit will have on business’s and trade. No need to push my amendment to a vote & if Govt does none of the above I’ll be back on Feb 27 ...

Guest TPAFKATS
May wasn't even there for the vote tonight as we move closer to No Deal or an extension but the extension would have to be approved by Eurocrats , are they going to do that ? She has had two years and effectively done he-haw . .
Looks like the game is up for the Reverends daughter. .
Oh don't bring her dad into it. Conspiracy after conspiracy, missing abuse files etc

40 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:
May wasn't even there for the vote tonight as we move closer to No Deal or an extension but the extension would have to be approved by Eurocrats , are they going to do that ? She has had two years and effectively done he-haw . .
Looks like the game is up for the Reverends daughter. .

Oh don't bring her dad into it. Conspiracy after conspiracy, missing abuse files etc

Ah now , conspiracy doesn't exist . It was a construct invented by the CIA in the 6ts because people claimed that the Warren Report was a cover-up (how dare they). .there were some interesting people on the Warren Commission . .

On 2/5/2019 at 3:10 PM, TPAFKATS said:

Japan just signed off on a trade agreement with EU. Once we leave we ain't part of that agreement.
In the short term at least, it'll be easier to export from Japan to EU than from UK. Japan only country that currently makes new x trail model.

Now Honda! :toilet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47282603

Obviously Brexit will not be the only factor in the decision but let's face it in the current global economy going it alone will not benefit many UK workers.

@saintnextlifetime I really don't give a monkeys f**k about some trade deal done by Europe - Still feel that way?

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Neither Honda nor Nissan are pulling out because of Brexit. That is just an utterly bullshit excuse.

They are talking about leaving in 2 years time FFS.

This is about consolidation for both companies.

And, of course, any decision to be made regarding consolidation, restructuring, efficiency,  reorganisation, redundancies, political fall-out etc etc would all be made without the slightest consideration that the UK will no longer be part of the EU trading group. as Brexit is just "utterly bullshit" according to some in-the -know intellectuals.

Aye, right...   :rolleyes: