Brexit Negotiations

Bud the Baker

On 3/30/2019 at 12:42 AM, Bud the Baker said:

No attempt to explain the contradiction - still it's an improvement on your previous effort!

Not a contradiction at all Colin . You jumped in on a comment that was a reference to what another poster had said . The "state of emergency " , l believe is what has been put out by merchants of chaos in the press and certain owners of large businesses . .

I suggest you read the comment properly if you want to comment on it . .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Again , that is your opinion . A popular opinion with psychiatrists and the Nazis , it gets used as a justification . .

Charles Darwin too. He seemed to believe that.

Was he in on this Nazi-Psychiatry conspiracy too? :lol:

Is the theory of Evolution a conspiracy?

If we didn't come from apes, where does your foggy brain suggest we came from?

Do you think God made us?

Or perhaps you favour the Lizard theory?

Edited by oaksoft

Not a contradiction at all Colin . You jumped in on a comment that was a reference to what another poster had said . The "state of emergency " , l believe is what has been put out by merchants of chaos in the press and certain owners of large businesses . .

I suggest you read the comment properly if you want to comment on it . .

Then in makes no sense to use it in a reply to me, it lacks context and is therefore, I repeat, contradictory.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Charles Darwin too. He seemed to believe that.

Was he in on this Nazi-Psychiatry conspiracy too? :lol:

Is the theory of Evolution a conspiracy?

If we didn't come from apes, where does your foggy brain suggest we came from?

Do you think God made us?

Or perhaps you favour the Lizard theory?

Gobble de gook now . You opinions really do run wild at times or is it alcohol, the one you like to accuse others . Surely it must be time for you to crawl back into your cave with the other animals.  .:wacko:

Are you a conspiracy?  You do seem obsessed by them . .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

43 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Gobble de gook now . You opinions really do run wild at times or is it alcohol, the one you like to accuse others . Surely it must be time for you to crawl back into your cave with the other animals.  .:wacko:

Are you a conspiracy?  You do seem obsessed by them . .

I am happy to engage in banter but your posts this week are seriously disturbing given your history of talking about psychotropic drugs.

On reflection, I am not going to start taking the piss out of someone if there is a chance that they are behaving this way because they are taking this type of medication to help with a mental health condition so I'm bailing from this discussion.

I hope you get the help you need.

Genuinely.

Edited by oaksoft

5 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

Yeah , you did bring up "state of emergency " . What state of emergency? 

Well that's the confusion you cause when you're arguing with the entire forum with irrelevant and at times dubious criticism of big pharma (one third of Scottish children on psychotropic drugs?) and biological nomenclature, within the post mentioned the reference to the "state of emergency" lacked context and was indeed jibberish. 

The state of emergency is regularly referred to in the media, has led to the MoD holing up in a nuclear bunker to make preparations for a "no deal Brexit", cost anything up to £4.2Billion (estimates vary), the most ridiculous example being the hiring & subsequent of a firing a ferry company with no ferries and then being sued by a rival and having to settle the case out of court. I'll throw in the lack of consideration for all other issues which seem to be on hold while we wallow in the Brexit swamp.

I'll restate my original point that NS is the most impressive of the main party leaders at present.

Edited by Bud the Baker

15 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Well that's the confusion you cause when you're arguing with the entire forum with irrelevant and at times dubious criticism of big pharma (one third of Scottish children on psychotropic drugs?) and biological nomenclature, within the post mentioned the reference to the "state of emergency" lacked context and was indeed jibberish. 

The state of emergency is regularly referred to in the media, has led to the MoD holing up in a nuclear bunker to make preparations for a "no deal Brexit", cost anything up to £4.2Billion (estimates vary), the most ridiculous example being the hiring & subsequent of a firing a ferry company with no ferries and then being sued by a rival and having to settle the case out of court. I'll throw in the lack of consideration for all other issues which seem to be on hold while we wallow in the Brexit swamp.

I'll restate my original point that NS is the most impressive of the main party leaders at present.

Really , sounds like you have bought into media merchants of chaos as they attempt to sell their papers . Example ; Calais has been preparing for over a year for a WTO style exit and there are already checks in place in Irelands borders despite what is said in the media and by certain owners of big business .

The problem lies with politicians who are more interested in their own personal career advancement than representing the will of the people and l do include wee Sturgeon as one of those politicians .

Then we got this ; you're arguing with the entire forum with irrelevant and at times dubious criticism of big pharma - who are the entire Forum ? You and oakstur ? And big pharma are okay are they , selling drugs that by their own addmission can cause homocidal and sucidal tendencies ?

How would you feel if we had got a Yes victory in 2014 and after almost 3 years nothing had really happened and politicians were still arguing about it and some calling for a second vote ? Serious question . .

34 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

And big pharma are okay are they , selling drugs that by their own addmission can cause homocidal and sucidal tendencies ?

There are many,many drugs that can cause death, if there is an adverse reaction to them or if they are misused. It would be great if we could access everyone's genome and personalise any treatment, but sadly there are many factors, not least cost, that will prevent this from being rolled out to the general public.

Maybe some people would prefer to go back to the dark ages and take their chances with their immune response.

Edited by FTOF

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I am happy to engage in banter but your posts this week are seriously disturbing given your history of talking about psychotropic drugs.

On reflection, I am not going to start taking the piss out of someone if there is a chance that they are behaving this way because they are taking this type of medication to help with a mental health condition so I'm bailing from this discussion.

I hope you get the help you need.

Genuinely.

Nice . More genuine , sanctimonious drivel . .

Really , sounds like you have bought into media merchants of chaos as they attempt to sell their papers . Example ; Calais has been preparing for over a year for a WTO style exit and there are already checks in place in Irelands borders despite what is said in the media and by certain owners of big business .

The problem lies with politicians who are more interested in their own personal career advancement than representing the will of the people and l do include wee Sturgeon as one of those politicians .

Then we got this ; you're arguing with the entire forum with irrelevant and at times dubious criticism of big pharma - who are the entire Forum ? You and oakstur ? And big pharma are okay are they , selling drugs that by their own addmission can cause homocidal and sucidal tendencies ?

How would you feel if we had got a Yes victory in 2014 and after almost 3 years nothing had really happened and politicians were still arguing about it and some calling for a second vote ? Serious question . .

4 sentences let's examine them individually

1. Chaos is your word, I said "state of emergency" - what else would you call the MoD holing up in a nuclear bunker, what else are the good folks of Calais & Ireland preparing for?
  2.  How much more interested "in their own personal career" can you get than Theresa May, one time potential leader of the LEAVE campaign claiming to support REMAIN yet making only one speech during the campaign, positioning herself for a post-referendum coup - that's a level of self-interest way beyond anything "wee Sturgeon" has ever shown. PS calling her "wee" is abuse and just demeans your argument.
  3. It's irrelevant to the Brexit debate and there's more than just two of us who've pointed & laughed at you going down this cul-de-sac.
  4. I'd be blaming the people in charge of the process, just like I'm currently doing. May for putting herself in thrall to a political party with one foot in the 17th century and Corbyn for doing his best to avoid the party policy mandated at their last conference. Once again I'll state that NS is the best of the current party leaders in the UK and going back to the start of this spat the 2014 referendum prospectus Scotland's Future was not as you claimed "neverland" unlike the side of a bus promise we got in 2016.

Edited by Bud the Baker

29 minutes ago, FTOF said:

There are many,many drugs that can cause death, if there is an adverse reaction to them or if they are misused. It would be great if we could access everyone's genome and personalise any treatment, but sadly there are many factors, not least cost, that will prevent this from being rolled out to the general public.

Maybe some people would prefer to go back to the dark ages and take their chances with their immune response.

You are right , there are other drugs that can and do cause death and obviuosly if you are one of the 15% of patients that get misdiagnosed by the NHS then the risk rises. Most drugs are designed to manage syptoms and in the case of psychotropics there is no evidence that they produce any positive results .

Allopathy has only been around for a little over 100yrs and only really became widespread in this country with the arrival of the NHS . Other forms of medicine are available and indeed alternative medicine is big in countries bigger than the UK. .

6 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

4 sentences let's examine them individually

1. Chaos is your word, I said "state of emergency" - what else would you call the MoD holing up in a nuclear bunker, what else are the good folks of Calais & Ireland preparing for?
  2.  How much more interested "in their own personal career" can you get than Theresa May, one time potential leader of the LEAVE campaign claiming to support REMAIN yet making only one speech during the campaign, positioning herself for a post-referendum coup - that's a level of self-interest way beyond anything "wee Sturgeon" has ever shown. PS calling her "wee" is abuse and just demeans your argument.
  3. It's irrelevant to the Brexit debate, and there's more than just two of us who've pointed & laughed at you going down this cul-de-sac.
  4. I'd be blaming the people in charge of the process, just like I'm currently doing. May for putting herself in thrall to a political party with one foot in the 17th century and Corbyn for doing his best to avoid the party policy mandated at their last conference. Once again I'll state that NS is the best of the current party leaders in the UK and going back to the start of this spat the 2014 referendum prospectus Scotland's Future was not as you claimed "neverland" unlike the side of a bus promise we got in 2016.

As I said to you before , what is true for you , is true for you Colin . However , I haven't defended May at anytime as she has shown a complete lack of leadership but the process has also shown a parliament that appears weak and a system that is flawed . Also Scotland's Future would  be flawed with the likes of wee NS at the helm . .

MoD holes up in a bunker ? Well l guess military types do what military types do. .I wont be losing sleep over that one but it does make you wonder who feeds the media that type of shit. .  Do you remember they told us there would be a SARS epidemic , a L1N epidemic and a Swine flu epidemic . I was told that it was only after the Swine flu epidemic that the NHS stopped stock piling vaccine. .

Once again I think Charles de Gaul was right when he said that GB should not be allowed into Europe in the first palce because we were a maritime nation that traded with the world . .

22 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

You are right , there are other drugs that can and do cause death and obviuosly if you are one of the 15% of patients that get misdiagnosed by the NHS then the risk rises. Most drugs are designed to manage syptoms and in the case of psychotropics there is no evidence that they produce any positive results .

Allopathy has only been around for a little over 100yrs and only really became widespread in this country with the arrival of the NHS . Other forms of medicine are available and indeed alternative medicine is big in countries bigger than the UK. .

I'll take my chances with drugs prescribed by the NHS. I'm perfectly able to decide whether the risk in taking them is worth it or not.

Feel free to waft a crystal around you next time you get a head ache.:)

As for your statement regarding their being "no evidence that they [Psychotropics ] produce any positive results". That is simply wrong.

It took me 30 seconds on Google to find a mental health site with patients personal mental health experiences, many with positive responses to psychotropic drugs, as well as negative.

I also found an scholarly article on psychotropic drugs with no less than 67 references, many of which with clear evidence, that in many cases the drugs are effective in treating mental health issues.

49 minutes ago, saintnextlifetime said:

As I said to you before , what is true for you , is true for you Colin . However , I haven't defended May at anytime as she has shown a complete lack of leadership but the process has also shown a parliament that appears weak and a system that is flawed . Also Scotland's Future would  be flawed with the likes of wee NS at the helm . .

MoD holes up in a bunker ? Well l guess military types do what military types do. .I wont be losing sleep over that one but it does make you wonder who feeds the media that type of shit. .  Do you remember they told us there would be a SARS epidemic , a L1N epidemic and a Swine flu epidemic . I was told that it was only after the Swine flu epidemic that the NHS stopped stock piling vaccine. .

Once again I think Charles de Gaul was right when he said that GB should not be allowed into Europe in the first palce because we were a maritime nation that traded with the world . .

Once again lets go through the sentences one at a time

1. A great defence of both Brexit & the Union :rolleyes: culminating, yet again, with personal abuse. 
  2. Are you saying the bunker story is untrue? The criticism of preparation for potential epidemics is irrelevant but are you seriously suggesting they shouldn't have been made?
  3. I think the key word is "were" the Merchant Navy is not what is was back in the days of the great asparagus!
Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Once again lets go through the sentences one at a time

1. A great defence of both Brexit & the Union :rolleyes: culminating, yet again, with personal abuse. 
  2. Are you saying the bunker story is untrue? The criticism of preparation for potential epidemics is irrelevant but are you seriously suggesting they shouldn't have been made?
  3. I think the key word is "were" the Merchant Navy is not what is was back in the days of the great asparagus!

Aye , whatever . .you don't half read stuff that simply isnae there

How do you know the bunker tale is true?

Guest TPAFKATS
Having watched intently the shenanigans in Westminster, it becomes increasingly apparent the SNP are a f**king disgrace
Could you elaborate on that?