Bud the Baker

Brexit Negotiations

Less than 24 hours after May's speech and her "new" plan Gove is talking ambiguously about whether this amendments announced (MV4?) will be put before parliament and also declaring his "huge admiration" for Boris Johnson who may  or may not remember his last leadership bid being derailed by Gove three years ago.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Less than 24 hours after May's speech and her "new" plan Gove is talking ambiguously about whether this amendments announced (MV4?) will be put before parliament and also declaring his "huge admiration" for Boris Johnson who may  or may not remember his last leadership bid being derailed by Gove three years ago.
Just read about Farages views on the NHS after Brexit.

So anyone voting for him deserve everything they get and hope their families don't suffer because they haven't enough money for any treatment.

3 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Just read about Farages views on the NHS after Brexit.

So anyone voting for him deserve everything they get and hope their families don't suffer because they haven't enough money for any treatment.

Yeah the prospect of living in a country run by the neoliberal wing of the Tory/Brexit parties is frightening - AusterityPlus.

The recent UN report on poverty in the UK show that May's Downing St. remarks when she took office 3 years ago were just empty rhetoric.

Whatever happens - the UK in or out of the EU, Scotland independent or remaining within the UK - anyone who cares for progressive politics has got to get out and vote for parties that will reduce inequality within the country.

If she goes and Boris gets in (or some other Brexiteer) we'll be facing a choice at a general election of two hardcore extreme left and right Prime Ministers for the first time since the 80's.

People should be careful what they wish for.

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

If she goes and Boris gets in (or some other Brexiteer) we'll be facing a choice at a general election of two hardcore extreme left and right Prime Ministers for the first time since the 80's.

People should be careful what they wish for.

She is toast

I am a Remainer however I get the frustrations over May's plan....................

Lets just see what happens as Europe is def moving right ...... Maybe Boris might fit in perfectly

May wont last June :blink: 

Politics really is becoming very polarised. 

The left seem to think anyone who disagrees with their position is a nazi and deserves to be covered in milkshake

The right seem to think that the root cause of every problem is a religion called Islam and people being "snowflakes"

Is there no one else that thinks it's all f**king stupid? Concentrating on the wrong shit if we really want to improve our quality of living

The left seem to think anyone who disagrees with their position is a nazi and deserves to be covered in milkshake
The right seem to think that the root cause of every problem is a religion called Islam and people being "snowflakes"
Is there no one else that thinks it's all f**king stupid? Concentrating on the wrong shit if we really want to improve our quality of living
I agree with Billy Connolly that "the desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever being one".

5 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

@saintnextlifetime :P

Yeah, bad show all round although with barely two weeks between the decision to have the vote anddthe actual vote and more importantly Interstadia sending out the ballot forms it was kinda inevitable.

Surprised it wasn't flagged sooner - however it was a national election so I'll throw in a half-hearted #ToryBad! :P

Meanwhile now Treeeeza'a working out her notice let's hope the Tories get the UJ gear out, elect Boris as leader hastening independence - FREE BY 23!

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 5/24/2019 at 12:47 PM, Bud the Baker said:

@saintnextlifetime :P

Yeah, bad show all round although with barely two weeks between the decision to have the vote anddthe actual vote and more importantly Interstadia sending out the ballot forms it was kinda inevitable.

Surprised it wasn't flagged sooner - however it was a national election so I'll throw in a half-hearted #ToryBad! :P

Meanwhile now Treeeeza'a working out her notice let's hope the Tories get the UJ gear out, elect Boris as leader hastening independence - FREE BY 23! 

I doubt it 😋

14 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

I doubt it 😋

We will if we have any sense.

Of the 27 EU countries (excluding the UK) 8 have smaller populations than Scotland, 3 have a population similar to Scotland (between 5-6 million and a further 8 with a population less than twice what Scotland has. 

There's no reason Scotland couldn't be a couldn't be an economically successful country within the EU like say Austria, Ireland & Denmark, if you want to stay in the UK for family/sentimental reasons then fair enough but it makes no financial sense to stay as an ignored region of the UK(ip) - even Ruth Davidson said the UKs economy was too Londoncentric!

As a nation the onus is really on us to "grow a pair".

Let's see what today's Euro results turn out (comparing England's with ours) and how it affects the Tory leadership election - I think the two countries are drifting apart culturally & politically my real fear is that a fiscally timid SNP removes a great deal of the incentive for independence.

Edited by Bud the Baker

I see in today's Herald BoJo is questioning the continued use of the Barnett formula to calculate Scotland's share of government spending - this would be another Independence Referendum promise broken!

Bring it on.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:19 AM, Doakes said:

I remember it being like this in the 1980's.

Believe it or not it's only a minority of people who have these extremist views and they hardly ever make it into power.

Unfortunately social media has given a lot of idiots a voice and they seem intent on using it.

The hard core left annoy me more than anything else with their inability to argue anything without attaching the moral high ground to their arguments. That's probably because the forums I am on seem to be predominantly full of that type. No idea or interest on where the hard core right wingers are posting.

Personally I'd prefer to see a return to centre ground politics but the problem is that Tony Blair and David Cameron poisoned that particular waterhole with spin and lies so we're now having to go through a bit of nonsense before people start voting that way again in large enough numbers.

The best thing in these circumstances is to have hung parliaments to minimise the risk of either side introducing seriously damaging legislation.

Edited by oaksoft

On 5/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, Bud the Baker said:

We will if we have any sense.

Of the 27 EU countries (excluding the UK) 8 have smaller populations than Scotland, 3 have a population similar to Scotland (between 5-6 million and a further 8 with a population less than twice what Scotland has. 

There's no reason Scotland couldn't be a couldn't be an economically successful country within the EU like say Austria, Ireland & Denmark, if you want to stay in the UK for family/sentimental reasons then fair enough but it makes no financial sense to stay as an ignored region of the UK(ip) - even Ruth Davidson said the UKs economy was too Londoncentric!

As a nation the onus is really on us to "grow a pair".

Let's see what today's Euro results turn out (comparing England's with ours) and how it affects the Tory leadership election - I think the two countries are drifting apart culturally & politically my real fear is that a fiscally timid SNP removes a great deal of the incentive for independence.

I doubt it.  .

On 5/26/2019 at 8:13 AM, Bud the Baker said:

Like I said two different countries with the Brexit party winning down south but coming a distant second here with Labour losing both of their MEPs and "Ruth Davidson's Scottish Conservatives" just hanging on to theirs. Again I maintain my opinion the RD is a "one trick pony" but I suppose she's got a "Get out of Jail Free" card for these elections.

Looking forward the main question will be how far to the right the Conservative party tacks in order to win back the Brexit vote and whether or not we have the cojones to break away from Westminster. If we want to we can stay in the EU and get a deal with rUK - does anyone really that rUK won't trade with us now (see the list of done deals below). We have nothing to fear but fear itself!!

10 out of 40

So far the UK has agreed "continuity" deals with 10 countries and regions. These are:

Edited by Bud the Baker

Yeah this Brexit malarky is really helping us to take back control!

Donald Trump will land in the UK on Monday amid anger over comments made by his ambassador suggesting the NHS should be “on the table” in future trade negotiations.

His visit also came as cabinet ministers vying for the Tory leadership suggested they could tear up plans for the Chinese tech giant Huawei to build parts of the UK’s 5G network, after the ambassador, Woody Johnson, warned it was “a big risk”.

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yeah this Brexit malarky is really helping us to take back control!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Donald Trump will land in the UK on Monday amid anger over comments made by his ambassador suggesting the NHS should be “on the table” in future trade negotiations.

His visit also came as cabinet ministers vying for the Tory leadership suggested they could tear up plans for the Chinese tech giant Huawei to build parts of the UK’s 5G network, after the ambassador, Woody Johnson, warned it was “a big risk”.

This Woody Johnson?

Brickleberry.png.219d0e32cf309cdbe47aceac3d1fd85f.png

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:19 AM, Doakes said:

I'm not "on the left" but Tommy Robinson is a nazi that deserves milkshaked.