Bud the Baker

Brexit Negotiations

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:32 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

The Greens have also been strong advocates of Remain, hence their improved performance in the EU elections. Whereas the Leave voters flooded to the Brexit Party and pretty much abandoned UKIP, the Remain vote was split between the Lib Dems and Greens in England. I myself opted for Greens over Lib Dems in the recent vote.

Interestingly if you consider Ukip/tories/Brexit as one pro brexit block, then this slumped from @50 %to @42 %  I did do the sums in a spreadsheet and had the exact figure, but don't know what I did with it. Equally arguements about low turn out apply both to the Leave block and the remain block.  While Labour are not a delared anti-brexit party, they have in fact been one of the main reasons that Brexit has been halted. I doubt that any serious brexiteer would vote labour and think that in the EU elections labour can quite safely be added to the anti-brexit block.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 2:05 AM, oaksoft said:

Yep and interestjngly, the split of the Leave support between Tories and Brexit is the only reason Labour held onto that seat.

With a 17% drop in their vote they are kidding themselves if they think that was something worth celebrating.

The problem for Lib Dem and the Greens was starting from such a low base. The Greens are not really challenging though.

Although I do actually support a lot of the aims of the Greens, there is a touch of extremism, smugness and a virtually religious zeal about them which I find seriously off-putting.

What makes you think all Brexit voters are ex tory and not ex labour. I'd guess the split is about 40 -60.

ETA  touch of extremism, smugness  about them which I find seriously off-putting.   Oh the irony

1 hour ago, insaintee said:

What makes you think all Brexit voters are ex tory and not ex labour. I'd guess the split is about 40 -60.

ETA  touch of extremism, smugness  about them which I find seriously off-putting.   Oh the irony

Not for the first time, I am unable to intepret your inane wittering.

Looks like Labour miscalculated regarding yesterdays motion to prevent a no-deal Brexit short of a winning Vote of No Confidence against the new Tory leader or some other parliamentary ruse we're now on the road to a no-deal Brexit on Halloween.

I can only hope the bulk of non-ERG Tory MPs were wanting to wait until after the leadership election before breaking ranks.

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Not for the first time, I am unable to intepret your inane wittering.

That's because you're a thick cant and can't spell interpret 

Edited by insaintee