Jump to content

Bud the Baker

Brexit Negotiations

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, Reynard said:

so which treaty deals entirely with the single market?

 

2 hours ago, Reynard said:

or acquis if you want to be accurate

 

1 minute ago, Reynard said:

So which word/words in your original post were you going to replace with "acquis"?  The only one I can see that you may be trying to replace is "treaty" but it wouldn't be accurate as acquis is not a treaty, it is "the accumulated legislation, legal acts, and court decisions which constitute the body of European Union law" and saying "so which acquis deals entirely with the single market?" would make no sense whatsoever.

 

As I said, stop trying to make yourself sound intelligent.

 

From your link (which, funnily enough, agrees with the one I provided, so I don't see why you bothered):

The Community acquis[1] or acquis communautaire (/ˈæk kəˈmjuːnətɛər/; French: [aˌki kɔmynoˈtɛːʁ]),[2] sometimes called the EU acquis and often shortened to acquis,[2] is the accumulated legislation, legal acts, and court decisions which constitute the body of European Union law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:

 

 

So which word/words in your original post were you going to replace with "acquis"?  The only one I can see that you may be trying to replace is "treaty" but it wouldn't be accurate as acquis is not a treaty, it is "the accumulated legislation, legal acts, and court decisions which constitute the body of European Union law" and saying "so which acquis deals entirely with the single market?" would make no sense whatsoever.

 

As I said, stop trying to make yourself sound intelligent.

 

From your link (which, funnily enough, agrees with the one I provided, so I don't see why you bothered):

The Community acquis[1] or acquis communautaire (/ˈæk kəˈmjuːnətɛər/; French: [aˌki kɔmynoˈtɛːʁ]),[2] sometimes called the EU acquis and often shortened to acquis,[2] is the accumulated legislation, legal acts, and court decisions which constitute the body of European Union law.

The EEA treaty deals entirely with the part of the acquis communautaire relating to the single market. Was this too hard for you? Clearly it was.

 

And then you decided yet again to get yourself totally bent out of shape about it. As you've been trying to shoot the messenger you better get down the range as you're a rotten shot. You keep mentioning intelligence. Is it because you are a bit chippy about the fact you're a half wit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The EEA treaty is part of EU law because it deals entirely with the single market. As there are countries in the single market but not part of the EU that treaty deals with all their requirements for single market membership as well as EU member states. You can be a member of the single market but not in a customs union with the EU. You can be in the single market and not be in the EU. The EEA treaty deals exclusively with matters relating to single market membership. Or the part of the EU acquis relating to the single market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Reynard said:

The EEA treaty deals entirely with the part of the acquis communautaire relating to the single market. Was this too hard for you? Clearly it was.

 

And then you decided yet again to get yourself totally bent out of shape about it. As you've been trying to shoot the messenger you better get down the range as you're a rotten shot. You keep mentioning intelligence. Is it because you are a bit chippy about the fact you're a half wit?

So answer the question, which word/words in the original post ("so which treaty deals entirely with the single market?") were you going to replace with "acquis"?

 

Come on, go for it, show everyone how intelligent you are and how much of a half wit I am.  All you are doing at the moment is showing yourself squirming about in an SD fashion trying to make people forget what you said in the first place.  Maybe it made sense in your head, but that's your problem, not mine.

 

"Don't change the subject, just answer the f**king question."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

So answer the question, which word/words in the original post ("so which treaty deals entirely with the single market?") were you going to replace with "acquis"?

 

Come on, go for it, show everyone how intelligent you are and how much of a half wit I am.  All you are doing at the moment is showing yourself squirming about in an SD fashion trying to make people forget what you said in the first place.  Maybe it made sense in your head, but that's your problem, not mine.

 

"Don't change the subject, just answer the f**king question."

I wasn't going to change anything. It's you that's got a bug up your arse about f**k all here. I just added acquis because the entirety of Eu legislation is commonly known as that. The part of it relating to the single market is contained in the EEA treaty. That's the single market acquis.  If we left the EU and stayed in the single market then we are subject to around 20% of the current EU acquis. Although its not strictly EU as its EEA. But I'm sure most folk can work that bit out for themselves.

 

Have you managed to admit that you're wrong about EFTA countries paying into the EU budget yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I wasn't going to change anything. It's you that's got a bug up your arse about f**k all here. I just added acquis because the entirety of Eu legislation is commonly known as that. The part of it relating to the single market is contained in the EEA treaty. That's the single market acquis.  If we left the EU and stayed in the single market then we are subject to around 20% of the current EU acquis. Although its not strictly EU as its EEA. But I'm sure most folk can work that bit out for themselves.

 

Have you managed to admit that you're wrong about EFTA countries paying into the EU budget yet?

TO BE CONTINUED!!!!!Image result for SLEEPING FUNNY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I wasn't going to change anything. It's you that's got a bug up your arse about f**k all here. I just added acquis because the entirety of Eu legislation is commonly known as that. The part of it relating to the single market is contained in the EEA treaty. That's the single market acquis.  If we left the EU and stayed in the single market then we are subject to around 20% of the current EU acquis. Although its not strictly EU as its EEA. But I'm sure most folk can work that bit out for themselves.

 

Have you managed to admit that you're wrong about EFTA countries paying into the EU budget yet?

So you're admiting that those posts made no sense whatsoever.  At least we're getting somewhere now.

 

As previously mentioned, my source was EFTA, your source was a racist blogger.

 

Having been drawn back in against my better judgement, I'm definitely out of here now as you are trying to slowly and subtly change the direction of the "discussion" that we'll end up talking about whether lilies or roses are better before you find something to prove me wrong, so there's no point in this.  If I do reply to you on this thread, I will just quote the first 15 words of this paragraph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Close run contest between TM & Brechin as to who are having the worst season! :lol:

Quote

The key aspects of the agreement announced in Brussels are:

  • The transitional period will last from Brexit day on 29 March 2019 to 31 December 2020
  • EU citizens arriving in the UK between these two dates will enjoy the same rights and guarantees as those who arrive before Brexit. The same will apply to UK expats on the continent
  • The UK will be able to negotiate, sign and ratify its own trade deals during the transition period although they can only come into force from 1 January 2021
  • The UK will still be party to existing EU trade deals with other countries
  • The UK's share of fishing catch will be guaranteed during transition but the UK will, in effect, remain part of the Common Fisheries Policy, yet without a direct say in its rules, until the end of 2020

Other aspects of the post-Brexit relationship yet to be agreed include what happens to the Northern Ireland border in the longer term.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone support May's current position?

I had one ear on most of the Q&A session in Parliament yesterday and reckon not.

She'd be better off choosing one side of her party and telling the other to do their worst!

 

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:22 PM, TPAFKATS said:
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:13 PM, whydowebother said:
 

Genuinely don't know as the government view seems to change each week.

She appeases one side and then to soothe the outrage makes a concession to the other (for two years :wacko:) which has resulted in a policy (Chequers) that nobody supports.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Does anyone support May's current position?

I had one ear on most of the Q&A session in Parliament yesterday and reckon not.

She'd be better off choosing one side of her party and telling the other to do their worst!

 

She appeases one side and then to soothe the outrage makes a concession to the other (for two years :wacko:) which has resulted in a policy (Chequers) that nobody supports.

This is never going to happen. Hearing a Tory twat yesterday on Channel 4 news, saying never get through and a Super Canada Plus deal "might" get favour with "most" Tories. Its clear its never been about the 17.4m ............

I reckon it wont happen. May said " No deal is better than a Bad Deal" buts it more like no deal as we cant agree on a deal.......................

Just a feeling but we wont leave EU,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

31 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

This is never going to happen. Hearing a Tory twat yesterday on Channel 4 news, saying never get through and a Drink Canada Dry :guinness deal "might" get favour with "most" Tories. Its clear its never been about the 17.4m ............

I reckon it wont happen. May said " No deal is better than a Bad Deal" buts it more like no deal as we cant agree on a deal.......................

Just a feeling but we wont leave EU,

 

I presume a "No Deal" Brexit has to go before Parliament.

May would lose this and the subsequent VoC.

The new PM  will then ask for an extension to the Transition Period while a new deal is worked out (again my presumption).

 

*****************

We might very well stay full members of the EU but it'll be on worse terms than we had prior to the Referendum and what we were offered to avoid this mess! :Stan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35622105

Oh and the current rebate worth £12.9Billion in 2016 will be history! :toilet

 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

 

 

I presume a "No Deal" Brexit has to go before Parliament.

May would lose this and the subsequent VoC.

The new PM  will then ask for an extension to the Transition Period while a new deal is worked out (again my presumption).

 

*****************

We might very well stay full members of the EU but it'll be on worse terms than we had prior to the Referendum and what we were offered to avoid this mess! :Stan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35622105

Oh and the current rebate worth £12.9Billion in 2016 will be history! :toilet

 

Added to this , if the DUP leave the Tories in minority, would Labour actually seize the chance or just be the dicks they are and stay as fragmented as the tories....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

 

 

I presume a "No Deal" Brexit has to go before Parliament.

May would lose this and the subsequent VoC.

The new PM  will then ask for an extension to the Transition Period while a new deal is worked out (again my presumption).

 

*****************

We might very well stay full members of the EU but it'll be on worse terms than we had prior to the Referendum and what we were offered to avoid this mess! :Stan

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35622105

Oh and the current rebate worth £12.9Billion in 2016 will be history! :toilet

 

If we stay, then surely we stay with the same deal, I am pretty sure I read that the activation of article 50 could be stopped dead.  If we have to accept a lesser deal then that would be rejected out of hand.  I doubt the other member states would take the risk of the UK crashing out and then having to negotiate new Ts & Cs.  We would gain as well as lose and other members would be a afflicted with green cheese syndrome.  

 

Cherrypicking goes in both directions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there ever been time with more dithering by a Prime Minister? 

Had TM had the courage of her convictions rather than a lust for power she would have turned the job down since she had voted to remain. 

This would at least have made matters clearer within her own party and to others. 

As I understand it, after much politicing,Parliament has the "final" say even if this is to recommend a People's Vote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

 If we stay, then surely we stay with the same deal, I am pretty sure I read that the activation of article 50 could be stopped dead.  If we have to accept a lesser deal then that would be rejected out of hand.  I doubt the other member states would take the risk of the UK crashing out and then having to negotiate new Ts & Cs.  We would gain as well as lose and other members would be a afflicted with green cheese syndrome.  

 

Cherrypicking goes in both directions

The rebate is not universally supported within the EU.

Quote

There has been growing pressure in recent years from various EU member states for the rebate to be scrapped. This is partly because the recent additional member states of the EU, which are considerably poorer than the fifteen pre-2004 states, will be a considerable expense on the CAP and the EU budget in general. The view is put forward by many that this makes the UK rebate harder to accommodate within the EU budget, leveraged with the moral argument that all the new entrants are substantially poorer than the UK.

You may (sic) be right but we're on our notice period - I'd bet against us remaining on preferential terms.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

The rebate is not universally supported within the EU.

You may (sic) be right but we're on our notice period - I'd bet against us remaining on preferential terms.

I don't claim to be a student of the machinations of the EU.  From what I read at times, it seems a club like the EU is the sort of place where most, if not all, members have something that they consider to be a preferrential deal.  There might be moral presure on the UK to give up the rebate, however the other members know that there is something that they hold dear that they would have to surrender, otherwise surrender of the rebate would surely have been a condition on the deal offered to Cameron.

 

If they get a chance to keep us in the fold they wont mess it up, though we might do that for them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

I don't claim to be a student of the machinations of the EU.  From what I read at times, it seems a club like the EU is the sort of place where most, if not all, members have something that they consider to be a preferrential deal.  There might be moral presure on the UK to give up the rebate, however the other members know that there is something that they hold dear that they would have to surrender, otherwise surrender of the rebate would surely have been a condition on the deal offered to Cameron.

 

If they get a chance to keep us in the fold they wont mess it up, though we might do that for them

Why?

****************

The argument for remaining is/was that the benefits in terms of freedom to trade of being a member of the EU outweigh the visible costs - if we were to go back cap-in-hand the UK rebate which has always been controversial (especially with France & Italy) would IMO be on the table and I very much doubt whether the UK would have the political clout to keep it.

****************

Edit

Quote

BRITAIN will lose the favourable terms of its EU membership including the budget rebate and opt-outs on Schengen and the euro if it chooses to withdraw Article 50 and rejoin the club, the European parliament’s Brexit negotiator said today.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/816923/Brexit-news-EU-Guy-Verhofstadt-UK-lose-rebate-opt-outs-if-rejoins

Edited by Bud the Baker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...