Dale Hilson

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Someone injured 6 month is a strange one. 

JR & JF must have seen something in the lad. He was in for a trial, and 6 months seems a decent deal given injury history.

Six month deal on the official twitter.

Welcome aboard all the best etc.

I know the ' we can't criticise any singings on the forum ' band will be along shortly, but are these kind of signings filling anyone with confidence?

We are meant to be going to promotion but we are signing cast offs from Dunfermline and QOTS and part time kids from league 1.

Hilson was highly rated with QoS and many of their fans would have liked him to stay - the problem was two broken ankles which have restricted his appearances. 6 month deal seems reasonable to prove his fitness. Welcome Dale.

From a QoS fan on P&B ...

He was great at queens the first part of the season , the only one who could carry the ball out if midfielders.

I think he was rushed Back from injury in a desperate attempt from the manager to win a game.

He will do a good job for St mirren

Edited by Sonny

29 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I know the ' we can't criticise any singings on the forum ' band will be along shortly, but are these kind of signings filling anyone with confidence?

We are meant to be going to promotion but we are signing cast offs from Dunfermline and QOTS and part time kids from league 1.

I was just thinking the exact same thing .Wouldn't surprise me to  see us struggle again .And before anyone starts its all about opinions.

36 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yes. I'm full of confidence. In Jack and James we trust. Can't wait for the new season tbh.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

I was just thinking the exact same thing .Wouldn't surprise me to  see us struggle again .And before anyone starts its all about opinions.

True. 

My opinion is that every club needs a pool of players to see them through the season. With the best will in the world, Saints simply do not have the resources to fill a squad of 20-22 with players who are considered regular first teamers. We have a steady stream of youngsters coming through but it would be unrealistic to expect them to fill all the places.

Sure , we will sign some who turn out to be Hutton-esque but you never know , there may be the odd gem in those we bring in. A six month deal gives the guy the chance to prove his injury worries are behind him without putting undue pressure on our finances long term.

25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hilson was highly rated with QoS and many of their fans would have liked him to stay - the problem was two broken ankles which have restricted his appearances. 6 month deal seems reasonable to prove his fitness. Welcome Dale.

From a QoS fan on P&B ...

He was great at queens the first part of the season , the only one who could carry the ball out if midfielders.

I think he was rushed Back from injury in a desperate attempt from the manager to win a game.

He will do a good job for St mirren

What game was this then?

The reply from a QOS supporter....................always best to show some balance.

This was posted some 13 minutes later Sonny, you wouldn't have seen it when you posted.

Edited by faraway saint

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What game was this then?

The reply from a QOS supporter....................always best to show some balance.

Thanks for your patronising advice :) . So happens the only quote available when I posted was the one I quoted. The other was added later. But you have now provided that balance so hats off to you.

45 minutes ago, TopCat said:

The key thing is we still have the core of the squad that ended last season so well.

I, for one, am quite happy we're giving contracts to younger guys with something to prove. We went down the route of having a backbone of ex-Premier League players (Langfield, Webster, Quinn, Clarkson, Sutton) which looked good on paper and ended up being just about catastrophic.

Dale Hilson is one of those players that can play a few positions , which is quite handy if you want to change things over the course of the game . Played in the SPL as a 16 year old , played for Scotland at under 19 level and has played about 150 senior games , and last season played for a club that finished higher up the league than us . Not a bad signing I would say

21 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Another striker in would maybe suggest Loy isn't returning?

Don't think Loy will be returning either but I still think we want another centre forward. Hilson is first and foremost a winger and him coming in could mean that Flanagan is going back out on loan, hopefully it doesn't mean that Morgan is going. 

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What game was this then?

This was posted some 13 minutes later Sonny, you wouldn't have seen it when you posted.

I always like that P&B is portrayed as some sort of exotic source of wisdom that only a select few have access to.

Thanks for sharing........ (as they might say on there) :P

1 hour ago, TopCat said:

Ironic, from someone who was so vocal on the topic of the merits of players we let go who later had a resurgence in their careers.

St Mirren bad

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What game was this then?

He was questioning what game he was rushed back in. Not what game he carried the ball from midfield. :lol:

Tipped for great things as a youngster but hasn't fulfilled the promise. Loaned to Forfar by Dundee United. Made a mark at that level which got him the move to QoS. Held back by injuries, so perhaps didn't do himself justice there. Jack and James may think they can get more out of him. Six month contract is probably fair to both club and player.

Edited by pondsman