The St Mirren Kit Template ( FAO The St Mirren Board )

It's the best ever in my lifetime 

A proper traditional outstanding Saints Jersey

Should be used every season.

Could have been the Kit for the 2017/18 with just a change of Sponsor.

And I have always said, as did Thomas intimated last night, minor adjustments could be made every Season like change of collar.

So simple.

besteverkit1.jpg.a4ec9f47fa538d3041a6bc283f044c87.jpg

Two great kits.

I don't mind the kit changing every season. Designs will never please everyone, and many people simply don't care.

What I would like to see is some proper thought and effort going in to when it is available (ideally the last home game of the PREVIOUS season) and how it is launched (with some proper marketing backup) at some sort of event where the kids can not only see the kit for the first time but buy it there and then and meet some players etc...

I don't think any of this is revolutionary, just needs some forward planning and thought.

The club are never going to make fortunes the sale of replica kit but to many fans it is a big issue and one that should be handled better in my opinion.

Most clubs seem to treat it as a bif of an after thought, a hinderance they could do without.

Interestingly our shirt is featured in this Joma promotional video.

OR IS IT?

Because that guy walking about with a Joma St. Mirren shirt, isn't wearing the shirt we're selling. It appears to be the template catalogue shirt with a St. Mirren badge ironed on.

5952b61a73782_noourtop.JPG.62e98a246cf43f5d38e9dd96c1476c38.JPG

Edited by djchapsticks

20 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Interestingly our shirt is featured in this Joma promotional video.

OR IS IT?

Because that guy walking about with a Joma St. Mirren shirt, isn't wearing the shirt we're selling. It appears to be the template catalogue shirt with a St. Mirren badge ironed on.

5952b61a73782_noourtop.JPG.62e98a246cf43f5d38e9dd96c1476c38.JPG

I prefer the one in that video.

Can we get that instead?

Two great kits.
I don't mind the kit changing every season. Designs will never please everyone, and many people simply don't care.
What I would like to see is some proper thought and effort going in to when it is available (ideally the last home game of the PREVIOUS season) and how it is launched (with some proper marketing backup) at some sort of event where the kids can not only see the kit for the first time but buy it there and then and meet some players etc...
I don't think any of this is revolutionary, just needs some forward planning and thought.
The club are never going to make fortunes the sale of replica kit but to many fans it is a big issue and one that should be handled better in my opinion.
Most clubs seem to treat it as a bif of an after thought, a hinderance they could do without.

One example of the sort of thing I hoped for when the new regime took over. As you said, some folk take a big interest in what the kit looks like and when it comes out and for kids it's important to them to get the new one as soon as they can to get the wear out of it. Simple marketing is all that's required [emoji53]

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Terrible badges , but not the worst idea if you're under 15 .

Can't think of many games I've caught a plane to (none) .

I took the plane to Belfast for the game against Dungannon Swifts in 2007, does that get me an extra special badge?

It's only a bit of fun FFS. Don't like them? Don't buy them. No harm. No foul. I suspect it will be the under 15s that will be more keen to buy them and I don't think for a minute it will matter whether they meet criteria or not. Lighten up the rest of you auld farts!

18 minutes ago, Yflab said:

IMG_0309.thumb.JPG.5810b368abc67adf3eef73d266bcbda7.JPG

That's my favourite St Mirren strip.... Umbro stripes, red numbers, embroidered old-school crest, V-neck collar, fully-striped, perfect thickness stripe, no sponsor logos, no SPFL sleeve patches, no shorts sponsor logos, no sponsor on the rear, no players names..... nothing but a strip. Classic - my all-time favourite St Mirren strip.

Edited by pozbaird