Where are they now ?

Had a discussion a couple of weeks back with a fellow bud about former players and what happened after they left saints. Initially it was about Mehmet , then we got talking about Steve McGarry & others.

Its relatively easy to keep tabs on what ex-saints are doing when they are still involved in football , even if it is through Wiki in most cases. But it got me wondering about other former Buds....Whats Shuggie Murray up to these days, What about Derek Hamilton ? Has Frank McDougall still got his pub ?  Wheres Lexi ?

You know the sort of stuff , anyone got any gen on former players & what they are doing now.?

As far as close season topics go , surely it has to be a better use of our time than white dug shite and coconut dug jokes !?! :rolleyes:

On 16 February 2017, Ferguson resigned as Northern Fury manager...... Ian Ferguson obviously still in Oz

Iain Munro

He is currently YSC Director and Union Youth Director at YSC Sports in Wayne, Pennsylvania, United States, a youth soccer center which aims to provide high quality coaching for kids with an aim of developing skills in young players. YSC is the official youth development partner of the Philadelphia Union, a Major League Soccer club. Munro also does half-time television commentary for the Union's home games.

Dan McGarry has been dead  for some thirty plus years.  Latterly he was a keen bowler and after losing his wife became lonely and as age took hold somewhat wandered on occasion.  He ended up in an old folks home in Uplawmoor but was always using that jinky footwork to escape, walk the fairly substantial distance to the village of Howwood and enjoy a drink.  In an effort to curb this gentleman enjoying his freedom staff would regularly confiscate his shoes.  On many an occasion I saw oor Danny in the pub in his stocking feet "they'll no stop me" he would say.  A better player you will not see.

2 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Ludovic Roy is a Personal Trainer and I heard recently is looking to open up a gym in and around Glasgow somewhere

He was at the place in Kilbarchan which is a sort of lifestyle and fitness place. Has it closed?  Tommy Turner had or was running a pub in Johnstone a couple of years ago, perhaps that why he lives above it.. Derek Hamilton sadly had a problem which I hope he's managed to conquer.  Donny McDowell was in the IT game last working for a firm in the science park but as he's ages with me I hope he's got his feet up now.

1 minute ago, rabuddies said:

He was at the place in Kilbarchan which is a sort of lifestyle and fitness place. Has it closed?  Tommy Turner had or was running a pub in Johnstone a couple of years ago, perhaps that why he lives above it.. Derek Hamilton sadly had a problem which I hope he's managed to conquer.  Donny McDowell was in the IT game last working for a firm in the science park but as he's ages with me I hope he's got his feet up now.

Ludo's place in Kilbarchan may still be on the go, I was golfing with a guy (who used to be his agent) who was talking about the place in and around Glasgow..............it may even be the same place and he just thinks Kilbarchan is in and around Glasgow!!

2 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Derek was a guest at the hospitality against Raith at the last home game of the season, so hopefully he's sorted 

himself out, Sadly I've heard his mate aber has fallen on hard times again, the last time I seen him he was sinking 

pint's in a pub up the west end...

Thommo has become the voice of Rangers for the BBC

Jack Ross is managing some struggling championship team

Kenny McDowell is still in hiding

And Frank McAvennie has written yet another book called a Head for Heights - "On 12 January 2009, McAvennie received a four-month suspended sentence for affray following an incident in July 2008 in which he head-butted a man in Douglas on the Isle of Man.[53]"

Edited by DougJamie

1 hour ago, scrappy coco said:

Derek was a guest at the hospitality against Raith at the last home game of the season, so hopefully he's sorted 

himself out, Sadly I've heard his mate aber has fallen on hard times again, the last time I seen him he was sinking 

I'm pleased that he is getting better but sad to hear about Aber.

2 hours ago, scrappy coco said:

20 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Kenny McDowell is still in hiding

Both Kenny and Derek were at the recent POTY dinner.