Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Buddie Marvelous

Love Street. Now & Then

Recommended Posts


13 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Think he was usually stuck in the middle with Hugh. 

Great minds etc ! :P

Walked along Albion St this morning and could see 3 or 4 big diggers working on the site. New hooses will be up in jig time !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FS said:

Great minds etc ! :P

Walked along Albion St this morning and could see 3 or 4 big diggers working on the site. New hooses will be up in jig time !

:D

Who would've though that two such hilariously funny people could frequent the same forum.

Well....to be accurate.....one hilariously funny person and one who cannae read. :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

:D

Who would've though that two such hilariously funny people could frequent the same forum.

Well....to be accurate.....one hilariously funny person and one who cannae read. :P

 

Well defo didnae read both pages before quoting... funny that ! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2017 at 9:43 PM, Buddie Marvelous said:

Had a wee peek at historical images on Google earth, and couldn't resist a look at the old ground. What a waste, lain derelict for around 8 years. Now apparently 132 new houses for rent will be constructed on the old site at a cost of £17 million.  Affordable housing with families breathing new life into old Love street.

Love street 2006.jpg

Love street 2009.jpg

Every time we played at home me and ma pals would walk from Scadlock rd and  first go up and visit ma great granny who lived in Blythswood Dr did a wee shop for her and she gave us a tanner....maybe a quick run around the fountain gardens then the game a memories

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2017 at 7:00 PM, HSS said:

Being prepared for the houses going up...............:(

 

 

IMG-20170813-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20170813-WA0001.jpg

What a view! So very sad that a place filled with years of heart felt memories and emotions is reduced to a piece of barren land, soulless and devoid of personality. A bit like our new stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

What a view! So very sad that a place filled with years of heart felt memories and emotions is reduced to a piece of barren land, soulless and devoid of personality. A bit like our new stadium.

Eh?

There were numerous posts saying the atmosphere at the new ground was rocking last season.

A winning team playing decent football and the new ground is more than good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a way it still makes me sad to see the place like that. But then you think that people will be making lives there, parents telling their wee one's about Stephen McGinn hitting an absolute screamer from their kitchen into the top corner of the bin shed across the road, kind of nice. I'd like to see the ground marked and remembered in a similar way to Middlesbrough's Ayresome Park. They've marked the old centre circle and a few other key points like the goal posts with metal ornaments and statues between the houses.

images.jpg.ca5f7b691f6e6200cf316998b2617c2d.jpgdownload.jpg.10042d81843e97de5ee4744a6c586c8b.jpg4535772110_919ce131c2.jpg.694c5003c626896a1772432d9f9f0a3b.jpg

Edited by Saint Garf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh?

There were numerous posts saying the atmosphere at the new ground was rocking last season.

A winning team playing decent football and the new ground is more than good enough.

Eh? Have you been to the new ground? I have and there's no soul to the place. But you keep quoting " numerous posts"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Eh? Have you been to the new ground? I have and there's no soul to the place. But you keep quoting " numerous posts"

Have you never been to Love Street when is was mostly empty and a shit hole?

You believe what you like, stuck in the past, that's the way ahead. :byebye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is it just social housing? I'm sure I seen another article that there would be houses to buy as well.

They are houses being build in Inchinnan Rd just along from the old ground. Maybe that was you read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a ground to generate an 'atmosphere' it's usually required to have the odd full house, inspirational football days and nights, plus a good few years to allow the thick velour of sentiment to build up in the hearts and minds of the punters. I fully expect this to apply at Greenhill Road in the fullness of time. Perhaps an open top bus parade at the end of this season will help to cement that feeling ? ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FS said:

For a ground to generate an 'atmosphere' it's usually required to have the odd full house, inspirational football days and nights, plus a good few years to allow the thick velour of sentiment to build up in the hearts and minds of the punters. I fully expect this to apply at Greenhill Road in the fullness of time. Perhaps an open top bus parade at the end of this season will help to cement that feeling ? ;-)

Gonna be a bit like Ian McShane then.

Not very good at the Corners !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...