League Prediction

13 minutes ago, munoz said:

Shamelessly stolen from P&B , how do you see our season panning out ? 

1. St Mirren 
  2. D Utd
  3. Falkirk
  4. Inverness 
  5. Morton
  6. Dunfermline
  7. Dumbarton 
  8. Qos
  9. Livingston
  10. Brechin

Would be nice .

That's nice.:byebye

1. Utd 
  2. Saints
  3. Inverness
  4. Falkirk
  5. Dunfermline
  6. QOS
  7. Morton
  8. Livingston
  9. Dumbarton
  10. Brechin

Ok bit of thought on above.....

United have biggest and probably the best squad, also not a bad manager, for me they will be the Hibs of last year. Not in total control but a squad capable of consistent results.

My Saints heart tells me 2nd but that's more to the competition weakening as well as us obviously having a " normal start". Caley still have good players, they will bring in more, Robertson will be better than Foran, and I reckon their home form will be strong.

Falkirk- Not sure what is going on there, they have lost a good few players however realistically they should have beat United over the 2 legs. Maybe they are fed up with nearly men and will take a season to rebuild.

Pars got better as the season went on , they are however very inconsistent but a danger to all.

Ton for me peaked last year and they with QOS and Pars will be the mid table battle. In saying all that Ton beat Partick 5-2 in a behind closed door game recently 

Livi- I have no clue- They could be 8th or even top 4, they have good players and manager and as shown like us winning breeds confidence.

Dumbarton for me will struggle, they are still slow and I feel will be targeted,

Brechin are out of their depth , will pick up the odd win but I reckon wont get 25 points

Who knows- its a decent bunch...... Do Saints have systems, replacements, and can we get consistency .... 35 points from last 22 last season , that needs to be improved on to have any chance of winning the league, but right offered 2nd I would rip arms off!!! Realistically I would take Top 4 and a stab at the play offs 

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
  1. Utd 
  2. Saints
  3. Inverness
  4. Falkirk
  5. Dunfermline
  6. QOS
  7. Morton
  8. Livingston
  9. Dumbarton
  10. Brechin

Ok bit of thought on above.....

United have biggest and probably the best squad, also not a bad manager, for me they will be the Hibs of last year. Not in total control but a squad capable of consistent results.

My Saints heart tells me 2nd but that's more to the competition weakening as well as us obviously having a " normal start". Caley still have good players, they will bring in more, Robertson will be better than Foran, and I reckon their home form will be strong.

Falkirk- Not sure what is going on there, they have lost a good few players however realistically they should have beat United over the 2 legs. Maybe they are fed up with nearly men and will take a season to rebuild.

Pars got better as the season went on , they are however very inconsistent but a danger to all.

Ton for me peaked last year and they with QOS and Pars will be the mid table battle. In saying all that Ton beat Partick 5-2 in a behind closed door game recently 

Livi- I have no clue- They could be 8th or even top 4, they have good players and manager and as shown like us winning breeds confidence.

Dumbarton for me will struggle, they are still slow and I feel will be targeted,

Brechin are out of their depth , will pick up the odd win but I reckon wont get 25 points

Who knows- its a decent bunch...... Do Saints have systems, replacements, and can we get consistency .... 35 points from last 22 last season , that needs to be improved on to have any chance of winning the league, but right offered 2nd I would rip arms off!!! Realistically I would take Top 4 and a stab at the play offs 

Finished 2nd would have been plenty 

Didnae need a fecking Novel. 

Zzzzzzzz :D

1. St Mirren

Rest - who cares?

We have lost Mallan and Loy which is a huge blow, but kept most of the rest. The new signings may not have 'star' appeal but I like the profile - young and hungry. From the two friendlies so far we have pace, passing and energy in bucketloads and that is what kept us up. Reckon the squad is stronger overall if not the team. Loy would be the icing on the cake.

It won't be easy but I have not been that impressed by the signings of other teams. Folk look at Utd as having strengthened considerably but remember they have lost Murray, Andreu, Mikkelson and to a lesser extent Spittal. And even with the squad they had last season they were not any better than us (over the last few months anyway). They are about the same strength I reckon.

ICT and Falkirk are two others that should be in contention for promotion.

No team has been relegated and went straight back up to the Premier League if I remember so by statistics ICT should struggle. ICT have hardly signed anyone and there is rumours of no money available at Inverness. They seem to have only one forward on their books and are still scratching around trying to find players.

Have the bridemaids Falkirk strengthened? Not much sign of it so far.

Dark horses could be the Soapdodgers. Quitongo should be fit and I was impressed last season with Thomson who was at Dumbarton. They now appear to have firepower which they did not have last season.

But Saints to be Champions. :)

Top 4 would be nice.

It will be a league of dog eat dog and ICT have a very nasty habit of doing well, if not for any good footballing reason, more that it is a long day for any team to make their way up the tortuous A9 and then produce a result, so I would have them in the mix.

Falkirk will be there or there abouts, and as said above Dundee Utd are likely to have the best squad and resources so should come out on top.

If we carry our form from the latter part of last season into this new season, then hopes must be high for at least top 6 and maybe top 3. After that, it is down to the shake up at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

We're gonna win the league. Reilly, Sutton, Smith, Morgan, Magennis, Mackenzie, Stelios and McGinn to be key.

ETA Still expect possibly another striker and another centre half to come in.

We beat Falkirk, lay down a marker then last seasons confidence could carry us far..... but do we have a player that can get 15-25 goals- See there for me is the issue, we need a front man and it sure isn't Sutton..... Yes he will get some goals but not nearly enough- Look at Yards and Bazza under Tom, won us so many games

I see Caley got John Baird and QOS kept Dobbie, now either or both of them and there is a true mark of intent.... We are light upfront

Just now, DougJamie said:

We beat Falkirk, lay down a marker then last seasons confidence could carry us far..... but do we have a player that can get 15-25 goals- See there for me is the issue, we need a front man and it sure isn't Sutton..... Yes he will get some goals but not nearly enough- Look at Yards and Bazza under Tom, won us so many games

I see Caley got John Baird and QOS kept Dobbie, now either or both of them and there is a true mark of intent.... We are light upfront

I think Reilly can get us 10-15 goals, as can Morgan. Sutton can chip in with a few dependent on game time, Smith will hope for more goals as well. Like I said, I still expect another striker to come in.

Baird past his best, with 8 in 32 starts last season for the team who finished 2nd - Sutton got 7 in 24 starts for us, most of the starts as we struggled.

Dobbie is a player who has only ever really impressed with QoS - a 1 in 5 guy apart from that, and he'll be 35 later this year.

Loy would have been a statement of intent, but sadly we couldn't get that one done at this point.

Think we need to add a bit more quality up front to have a chance of winning the league. Bar Keating the signings Utd have made don't scare me one bit in fact they look weaker than last season. Falkirk have done very little in the transfer market and ICT look the biggest danger to me. It looks an open division in which we should be very competitive. A wee bit more quality before the window closes and we can go close - play offs minimum requirment.

2 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

At the moment we don't have the fire power to win it and we will still leak goals

Mallan is a huge miss and during the season i expect interest in Morgan and Magennis

I expect a big improvement than last season

Scraping into the top 4 would be a result

Think you've hit the nail on the head buddie with this assessment 

top four would be a good achievement for our squad 

obviously I'd be happy to be proved wrong

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Think we need to add a bit more quality up front to have a chance of winning the league. Bar Keating the signings Utd have made don't scare me one bit in fact they look weaker than last season. Falkirk have done very little in the transfer market and ICT look the biggest danger to me. It looks an open division in which we should be very competitive. A wee bit more quality before the window closes and we can go close - play offs minimum requirment.

Another striker, another centre half, and that would do me. Both of top quality for our division.