Official Match Programmes Involving St Mirren

Will there be one for tonight's Match ?

Will be very disappointed if there isn't.

We have had plenty time to prepare and produce a Match Magazine.

Even a smaller version with a reduced price would do.

We are a Professional Football Club and should issue a Match Programme for every First Team Game.

Just as a matter of record.

Edited by shull

Curtis Sports do our Programme as well as Dunfermline's.

Why no Match Magazine for our Friendly but one is produced for East End Park tomorrow night.

St Mirren really don't have a clue about giving a decent Match day experience.

Amateurs

It was the Club, not Curtis Sport who decided that no Match Programme would be issued. 

Because of poor attendance expected. 

Absolutely disgraceful decision by St Mirren, especially as they made Season Tickets valid. 

How much money was wasted giving away FREE FIXTURE POSTERS ? 

Time to start acting like a Professional Football Club. 

29 minutes ago, shull said:

It was the Club, not Curtis Sport who decided that no Match Programme would be issued. 

Because of poor attendance expected. 

Absolutely disgraceful decision by St Mirren, especially as they made Season Tickets valid. 

How much money was wasted giving away FREE FIXTURE POSTERS ? 

Time to start acting like a Professional Football Club. 

Did your wee one not like her poster?

The fixture poster is a one-off that the club sell advertising for. Production costs are minimal so it will cover its costs at the very least and more than likely make money. Plenty of companies do this with wall money so there's obviously cash to be made.

The majority of income from a programme is from the advertising, which is sold for the season and not per programme. Printing one would not have brought in any additional advertising revenue and it would probably have struggled to cover its costs (which I gather is not unusual for clubs of our status, although that may have changed since the contract programme changed). There would also be the issue of trying to produce it when the contributors, who are unpaid, are more than likely on holiday.

Dunfermline maybe felt it was worth the risk that they'd sell enough or they may sell their advertising differently. Hardly the end of the world not having a programme for a friendly. I wouldn't be surprised if clubs at our level only print them because they have to and it's part of the benefits of match/player sponsorship as they won't generate much cash due to increased print costs, minimum orders etc.

32 minutes ago, Stu said:

The fixture poster is a one-off that the club sell advertising for. Production costs are minimal so it will cover its costs at the very least and more than likely make money. Plenty of companies do this with wall money so there's obviously cash to be made.

The majority of income from a programme is from the advertising, which is sold for the season and not per programme. Printing one would not have brought in any additional advertising revenue and it would probably have struggled to cover its costs (which I gather is not unusual for clubs of our status, although that may have changed since the contract programme changed). There would also be the issue of trying to produce it when the contributors, who are unpaid, are more than likely on holiday.

Dunfermline maybe felt it was worth the risk that they'd sell enough or they may sell their advertising differently. Hardly the end of the world not having a programme for a friendly. I wouldn't be surprised if clubs at our level only print them because they have to and it's part of the benefits of match/player sponsorship as they won't generate much cash due to increased print costs, minimum orders etc.

I wasn't at the game. Did we have macc-a-roon bars an' ra' speer-mint choo-ing guum for sale?

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Another Novel telling us what we already know. :snore

48 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

99% of posters on this board have to right to call out boring or unnecessary posts.

For the avoidance of doubt, you are part of the 1%. :P

Trying too hard to be clever. 

Join me in the 1% Club :)

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

The club helped to save the planet by not wasting paper producing a program that very few people would have wanted. Well done the club emoji106.png

What is a ' program '

And what were the FREE FIXTURE POSTERS made of ?

And why is it helping to save the Planet ?

• 2 weeks later...

Well done and thankfully we haven't a Double Issue to cover the The Airdrie United ( 2002 ) Match also.

Looking forward to making a purchase.

17 July 2017

Match Day Programme: St Mirren vs Livingston (18th Jul)

SMFC Webteam
 Commercial News

Our match day programme, published in partnership with Curtis Sport, will be available from the Club Shop ahead of Tuesday's game.

This issue, for the Betfred Cup, Group H match against Livingston, is a 16 pager with a £2 cover price.

The latest edition includes the following:

Front Cover – Club Captain, Stephen McGinn.
Fixtures 2017/18 - All of St Mirren's fixtures for the new season.
The Gaffer - St Mirren manager Jack Ross with his pre match message for the fans.
Buddies News Update – News of the latest happenings in and around The Paisley 2021 Stadium.
St Mirren Hall of Fame – David Cochran highlights the St Mirren career of Billy Stark.
The Opposition – Brian Corry gives the lowdown on Tuesday's visitors – David Hopkin's Livingston side.
Last Time Out – Match report and pictures from Saints recent pre-season outing against Dundee.
Football, Bloody Hell – Alan Gallacher looks at the art of taking penalty-kicks!
Player Kit Sponsors 2017/18.
Team Lines – The two squads and match officials for Tuesday's match.

To buy this issue or to place your programme subscription for the 2017/18 season click HERE.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tomorrow Night's Publication

Purchased one earlier from the Shop.

Then as I walked to the Car, the damn Programme slipped out my hands and into a puddle.

Was jinxed I think, now ruined. :(

dropsy.jpg.87b130f5592b3ef52c339c0f151a5ff6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...