When will the Bubble Be Burst

DougJamie

Lukaku for £75m ???

United talking about paying £174m release clause for Neymar

And even Wolves about to pay £16m for a player

How long can this be sustained .....................  

A run of the mill player is now £15-20m in England, i just cant see how this along with wages this can be funded?

Anyone help me with the maths...............

Sky pay £130 m per club in EPL, they also get prize money and gate receipts.............. with the exception of possibly Man Utd and Arsenal with 60-75k a home game I cant see anyway that this can be sustained ..

I enjoy EPL footie but serious question- how can it possibly be sustained? And how much will a half decent player be costing in say 3/4 seasons-

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/sports-pictures/3165/Every-Chelsea-player-s-weekly-wages-revealed-sportgalleries

Edited by DougJamie

Just looking into this further

Chelsea announced with a 329m turnover they made a pre tax profit of 4.7m before exceptions, however one of the exceptions was paying back Nike 70m on ending a deal

Liverpool with 301m made a 19.8m loss before tax

So as you say Tom , add EBT rulings into these figures, and it wont just be Ronaldo upset

• Initial equal share fund — every side receives £84.4 million for competing in the Premier League
  • Performance ranking — finish higher, earn more money
  • TV revenue — the more a team's on TV, the more revenue it receives

Liverpool made 184 million last season funny money.

The Economics of football always seem to somehow manage to allow for a strange kind of financial magical arithmetic, especially the higher up the Leagues you go.

It's a we can afford anything type of mentality that pervades the game

Billionaire playthings, that's what football clubs are these days. Fifa et al , Fair Play and all manner of retrospective policy on wage caps and transfer embargo is all very well, but it's always, always, the stable door response.

If the same Accounting rigour was applied to football as is applied in Corporate Governance then, in theory, football would be in disrepute. That said, we only have to look at the Banks, the Governmental politicians etal to see how somehow the rules don't apply there either.

Acht what's to be done.......

Glad I support an honest reputable club. Maybe it's think small be small then, maybe Saints are too honest to be successful [emoji6]

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:
  • Initial equal share fund — every side receives £84.4 million for competing in the Premier League
  • Performance ranking — finish higher, earn more money
  • TV revenue — the more a team's on TV, the more revenue it receives

Liverpool made 184 million last season funny money.

They made £184m from the sources you mention but still manged to lose nearly £20m over the year.

Can't wait for it to go tits up.

2 hours ago, DougJamie said:

I enjoy EPL footie but serious question- how can it possibly be sustained? And how much will a half decent player be costing in say 3/4 seasons-

People like yourself watch EPL on SKY.

SKY has deals all round the world to show people like yourself advertising.  Whatever big companies that are using SKY EPL fitba as their advertising showcase pay an awfy lot of money to put their products in front of you.

Around the world - I'll say again -  A lot of eyeballs to view their Ads.

I hope that you, like so many others according to a recent splurge on the BBC website, prefer to watch on dodgy links and don't pay for SKY.  :)

I just DON'T watch.  If it ain't Saints - it doesn't get near my eyeballs.

1 minute ago, antrin said:

SKY has deals all round the world to show people like yourself advertising.  Whatever big companies that are using SKY EPL fitba as their advertising showcase pay an awfy lot of money to put their products in front of you.

I hope that you, like so many others according to a recent splurge on the BBC website, prefer to watch on dodgy links and don't pay for SKY.  :)

Actually I watch it on BT,,,,,,,,,,,,,, And my point isn't about SKY its about how clubs are overspending..........

However I cant argue with your closing sentence, and when we get into Champions League my BT subscription will be worth it:D

Can't wait for the day the bubble burts and it will !

Sky have killed football as a sport.

The days of Brian Clough at Forrest and Bobby Robson at Ipswich, Norwich in Europe and 2nd in the EPL, QPR under Gerry Francis competing for the title. All gone !

Top 6-8 team now in EPL and only 2-3 really capable of winning title. 

Sky football in the main has now become boring and fans are switching off. 

Big drop in numbers last season viewing Sky.

Sunderland = Epic fail = £100m in "winnings" last season.
It is obscene.

£1.688 billion tv deal split twenty ways for starters means every English team gets a minimum of £84 + million straight up.
Chelsea top = £153m v Sunderland £100m. Rewards for failure seem to kinda outweigh that of success.
No wonder teams just want to make it to the English Premiership. Add to that every first team player must be on millionaire money , a modest £20k to £25k per week.

10 minutes ago, antrin said:

I got rid of Sky sports as found I was not watching it enough added to the shocking deal Scottish football gets ,  however there are the odd game I do want to see for such games I go to a pub that has sky sports. however BT at a tenner a month is better value so pay for that. What Scottish football gets from Sky is one of the worst deals in Europe. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

I got rid of Sky sports as found I was not watching it enough added to the shocking deal Scottish football gets ,  however there are the odd game I do want to see for such games I go to a pub that has sky sports. BY at a tenner a month is better value so pay for that. What Scottish football gets from Sky is one of the worst deals in Europe. 

Thats because the 3rd best team in Scotland can't beat the 4th best team in Luxembourg !. Nobody is interested in Scottish football and don't need to pay any reasonable money for it. Only game in Scotland a tv company is remotely interested in is OF.

I got rid of Sky sports as found I was not watching it enough added to the shocking deal Scottish football gets ,  however there are the odd game I do want to see for such games I go to a pub that has sky sports. however BT at a tenner a month is better value so pay for that. What Scottish football gets from Sky is one of the worst deals in Europe. 

I was shocked to hear that folk pay £125 per month for a sky subscription !!
Seriously over a grand a year to watch telly !!
Wtf !!

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yes mate we do, and honestly some of the dross that the EPL throws up- However we got greedy and we will get punished- However I enjoy BTs Scottish coverage even with that prick Lennon on to much...... Sutton makes me laugh..............

But ya cannae beat Alba --- St Mirren se Ayr United dha  

10 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Thats because the 3rd best team in Scotland can't beat the 4th best team in Luxembourg !. Nobody is interested in Scottish football and don't need to pay any reasonable money for it. Only game in Scotland a tv company is remotely interested in is OF.

You mean you by your own admission.