The Glorious 12th.?

RickMcD

Saw a bit of the walk in Bangor for the first time in years and only because it ran very late. Couldn't help taking a couple of shots that I found 'interesting'. Hope nobody takes offence. What some folks get their kids involved in really staggers me.

20170712_130751.jpg

20170712_130809.jpg

56 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Traveling up to the main land on Wednesday a young guy started talking to me , after a while I said are you going shopping to Glasgow , no was the reply going to the walk. Surprised and shocked he was so open to a stranger about that. 

I am not a sympathiser but it is not illegal to belong to the organisation. Peaceful demonstrations of support of or against views held are an important part of our democracy. Some might well seem strange or anachronistic but I guess they have some importance to those taking part. As I said, not for me, but I wouldn't castigate others for taking part even if my personal preference is that I would like to see support for such causes diminish. 

3 hours ago, RickMcD said:

Saw a bit of the walk in Bangor for the first time in years and only because it ran very late. Couldn't help taking a couple of shots that I found 'interesting'. Hope nobody takes offence. What some folks get their kids involved in really staggers me.

20170712_130751.jpg

They wean's look well pleased holding that banner....They're probably thinking to themselves, if were being made to walk the 

streets with all these bigot's, can we at least follow a team that's no a fecking embarrassment or at the very least "exist's".... 

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I am not a sympathiser but it is not illegal to belong to the organisation. Peaceful demonstrations of support of or against views held are an important part of our democracy. Some might well seem strange or anachronistic but I guess they have some importance to those taking part. As I said, not for me, but I wouldn't castigate others for taking part even if my personal preference is that I would like to see support for such causes diminish. 

We live in a country of free speech attached to hypocrisy depending on what is political correct to some and not to others. You can be a arested for singing religious hatred songs in football grounds but ok to walk down the street in a flute and accordion band showing solidarity against the catholic a religion thats what the orange order is about lets be honest. For the record i went to Stanley Green school. The point I'm making is that this young man did not know me from adam considering what the west of Scotland is like sadly he took a chance that I was not a nutter who supported Celtic. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Guest TPAFKATS

There are currently more walks in Glasgow each year than Belfast or Derry.
It's thanks to the ex cooncil leader who cut a deal with the OO a couple of elections ago.
Hopefully it'll chance now that labour have lost Glasgow.
I don't think it should be banned, just reduce the number, make them pay the policing costs and warn them that if there is sectarian or offensive behaviour it will be banned the following year.

The bonfires and associated nonsense in Northern Ireland is nothing more than sectarian mob rule imo.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's thanks to the ex cooncil leader who cut a deal with the OO a couple of elections ago.
I don't think it should be banned, just reduce the number, make them pay the policing costs and warn them that if there is sectarian or offensive behaviour it will be banned the following year.

The bonfires and associated nonsense in Northern Ireland is nothing more than sectarian mob rule imo.

I dont think they should be banned either. I think they should be filmed and shown on Dave , The Comedy Channel . Let the rest of the world see how ridiculous these dipshits are and we can also have a real good laugh at them.

33 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You make a very valid point Policing costs should be billed to any organisation that have mass organized walks. 

5 minutes ago, antrin said:

Aye!

Gay Pride and other hooligans such as LGBT,  CND and those maniacs who opposed Blair's intervention in Iraq should be made to pay....

er.....

perhaps this should be better thought through.....

Football is a public event is it not ? Why are marches different no matter what banner the flag is under ? 

I am of the view that all walks or demos should be held in large parks. I fail to see how local businesses should suffer with road closure and that includes taxi drivers [emoji41] Get them walking round places like Glasgow Green or Barshaw or Robertson Park in Renfrew and maybe I can get my car into he high st when I want.

4 minutes ago, renfrew said:

I am of the view that all walks or demos should be held in large parks. I fail to see how local businesses should suffer with road closure and that includes taxi drivers emoji41.png Get them walking round places like Glasgow Green or Barshaw or Robertson Park in Renfrew and maybe I can get my car into he high st when I want.

Why should we give up our parks for them.Get them to find a friendly farmer and get them marching round the fields.

Obviously they won't be up for that as I've never seen a field with a Chapel in it.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, renfrew said:

I am of the view that all walks or demos should be held in large parks. I fail to see how local businesses should suffer with road closure and that includes taxi drivers emoji41.png Get them walking round places like Glasgow Green or Barshaw or Robertson Park in Renfrew and maybe I can get my car into he high st when I want.

Makes sense to me.

Why should we give up our parks for them.Get them to find a friendly farmer and get them marching round the fields.
Obviously they won't be up for that as I've never seen a field with a Chapel in it.:rolleyes:

Just feel the parks are safer places to put them rather than have them prowling the streets. Bus them in and out.

20170712_130751.thumb.jpg.05651730dd7cf9fd7d7d80ab2df06224.jpg
20170712_130809.thumb.jpg.3440de7a847086f3e8be13d81b59b941.jpg

Not a bluenose, but christened as a Protestant when I was a baby, but thought and have heard statements from members of The Orange Order stating that the matches have nothing to do with football and that troublemakers tend to be 'morons' (quoted from a statement of a Grand master) who don't know the difference between the matches and football. What we see in the pics seems to blow that right out of the water. Sorry but religion and football can't be mixed as it tends to bring out the worst in the worst

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We live in a country of free speech attached to hypocrisy depending on what is political correct to some and not to others. You can be a arested for singing religious hatred songs in football grounds but ok to walk down the street in a flute and accordion band showing solidarity against the catholic a religion thats what the orange order is about lets be honest. For the record i went to Stanley Green school. The point I'm making is that this young man did not know me from adam considering what the west of Scotland is like sadly he took a chance that I was not a nutter who supported Celtic. 

Yes with all the political correct shit we have these days I'm baffled that they can still legally march to promote bigotry and remember a political situation that occurred over 300yrs ago . I don't think people should be banned from marching for a cause in a democratic country but it seems they just want to promote something which is no longer politically or morally acceptable. .

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Football is a professional sport.

public protest, demonstration and freedom of opinion are rights in a democracy.

Indeed , the right to free peaceable assembly is regarded as a human right under the UN and no one in their right mind would want that taken away. .

However , I remember when Mothercare fans tried to march on masse to Tyncastle , which was the first game after Uncle Phil's death , L&B Police and the British Transport Police made sure that they only got to march in small groups instead of a single group. .

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

f**k how any decent human being can call July the 12th glorious is beyond me especially St Mirren fans. We are what we  are no matter religion or like  me humanist. 

The Glorious 12th of July

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1999&GameID=199907120

Night night IOBS :byebye