Daniel Lennon - St Mirren Legend

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Deserved introduction in my opinion.

We have won a handful of major trophies in our 140 years.

Everyone involved in each is in my personal hall of fame. Danny Lennon being inducted also puts a line under the follies of judgement made by firstly not renewing his contract and secondly the two managerial appointments which followed and finally,  the end if the reign of the now, previous board.

well said

The two 8th places themselves are pretty impressive, given that we haven't equaled it since the 1980s under any manager before or since.

However, that League Cup run was astonishingly good:

Ayr (home) 5-1

Hamilton (home) 1-0

Aberdeen (away) 2-2 (4-2 on penalties)

Celtic (neutral) 3-2

Hearts (neutral) 3-2

He deserves a huge amount of credit.

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Deserved introduction in my opinion.

We have won a handful of major trophies in our 140 years.

Everyone involved in each is in my personal hall of fame. Danny Lennon being inducted also puts a line under the follies of judgement made by firstly not renewing his contract and secondly the two managerial appointments which followed and finally,  the end if the reign of the now, previous board.

I thought Danny deserved another go given how his last season ended. BUT I understood why some folk felt otherwise. At the end of the day, the folly wasn't who we got rid of. It was who we kept and who we didn't bring in. Danny does deserve his accolade and, having met him during his tenure and since, I think he is a true gentleman of the game.

10 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

M! League cup , Scottish Cup?

Worse managers than them have won better trophies!

I didn't say Danny Lennons achievements had been better... I said that he was a better manager!

Smith was a great coach and a nice guy... but sucked the life out of football and made GUs look like the coach of the Brazillian national team in the days of Pele!

9 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Worse managers than them have won better trophies!

I didn't say Danny Lennons achievements had been better... I said that he was a better manager!

Smith was a great coach and a nice guy... but sucked the life out of football and made GUs look like the coach of the Brazillian national team in the days of Pele!

Smith went on to manage Aberdeen and Dundee United. Danny went on to manage Alloa and Airdrie. Sure his football might have been pretty, but look where that's got him.

2 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Smith went on to manage Aberdeen and Dundee United. Danny went on to manage Alloa and Airdrie. Sure his football might have been pretty, but look where that's got him.

It is not what Danny did before or after St Mirren 

It is all about winning the League Cup on March 17th 2013. 

Nothing else. 

THAT TRIUMPH ALONE MAKES HIM A ST MIRREN FOOTBALL CLUB LEGEND. 

And deserving of a Statue also. 

4 hours ago, shull said:

It is not what Danny did before or after St Mirren 

It is all about winning the League Cup on March 17th 2013. 

Nothing else. 

THAT TRIUMPH ALONE MAKES HIM A ST MIRREN FOOTBALL CLUB LEGEND. 

this is true. (no the statue bit you understand :huh:)

However, he is certainly not the man or manager he was during this fantastic cup win.

I can remember being in the stand when we beat rangers on a Christmas eve and wanting

to shake his hand for making my 800 mile round trip for the day worthwhile,

but at the end of his st mirren tenure he was really quite sad and pathetic and he has

continued on that downward spiral in my opinion, whining in the papers about not

getting managers jobs was reckless and stupid.

Edited by Hoof Hearted

54 minutes ago, Hoof Hearted said:

this is true. (no the statue bit you understand :huh:)

However, he is certainly not the man or manager he was during this fantastic cup win.

I can remember being in the stand when we beat rangers on a Christmas eve and wanting

to shake his hand for making my 800 mile round trip for the day worthwhile,

but at the end of his st mirren tenure he was really quite sad and pathetic and he has

continued on that downward spiral in my opinion, whining in the papers about not

getting managers jobs was reckless and stupid.

Who cares what you think ? 

21 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

shull

• Panel Pundit on SKY
  •  
  • shull
  • Torfason Club
  • 30,615 posts
  • Top Man:Tony Fitzpatrick

silence-taxi-driver-1.jpg

Shull........DOES MY ARSE LOOK FAT IN THIS ?

The Forum is riddled with cheeky bassas today. :lol:

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

It's a division of the Scottish Professional Football League.  It calls itself a Premiership, which is a stupid name.

But is it a League? Do each team play each other to decide who finishes top? Do they amass points and goal difference? Is there relegation from and promotion to it from the, ahem, league below?