Daniel Lennon - St Mirren Legend

2 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

IT IS THE PREMIERSHIP OF THE SCOTTISH PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Is it a league? Quite a simple question. If the whole thing was one league there would be no promotion and only relegation at the very bottom. Last season we'd have been classed as 19th. Not 7th.

Edited by stlucifer

My abiding memory of Danny was when he turned and looked at the crowd after Newton scored the third at Hampden.

That was the mark of the man. It wasn't about Danny Lennon, it was about St Mirren and the supporters. I'm sure he took a wee moment to be very proud of his achievement and well he might, but at that critical point, it was about more than that for him.

I thought that was a remarkable moment. He is a humble man, and I was so delighted for him to have taken us to that final and won it for us.  That is also why I was so utterly sickened by the way he was treated at the end if his tenure. It wasn't the fact that his contract wasn't renewed, it was the manner in which it was done. So very shabby.

Danny Lennon absolutely deserves this honour. A very decent human being, and the man who gave us all cause to be bursting with pride to be St Mirren fans again. I walked into work on the Tuesday (having taken the Monday off for additional celebrations, etc) and felt 10ft tall. Superb.

Thanks Danny:)

My abiding memory of Danny was when he turned and looked at the crowd after Newton scored the third at Hampden.
That was the mark of the man. It wasn't about Danny Lennon, it was about St Mirren and the supporters. I'm sure he took a wee moment to be very proud of his achievement and well he might, but at that critical point, it was about more than that for him.
I thought that was a remarkable moment. He is a humble man, and I was so delighted for him to have taken us to that final and won it for us.  That is also why I was so utterly sickened by the way he was treated at the end if his tenure. It wasn't the fact that his contract wasn't renewed, it was the manner in which it was done. So very shabby.
Danny Lennon absolutely deserves this honour. A very decent human being, and the man who gave us all cause to be bursting with pride to be St Mirren fans again. I walked into work on the Tuesday (having taken the Monday off for additional celebrations, etc) and felt 10ft tall. Superb.
Thanks Danny[emoji4]

AMEN to that. AMEN!

• 3 months later...
Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, a decent manager, a more than decent person.
His biggest "crime", not getting us to the "next level".....................[emoji38]
Aye, they were the days. 

Indeed. A gentleman and a legend.