Partick V St Mirren 22/7/17

I'm dreading this game. I can only imagine the utter chaos on the trains as 3 million 14 year olds, full of heroine and absinthe, descend upon society's finest in Glasgow's West End. Heaven help us all. I'll be watching on the telly box with a scone and a large cocoa.

18 hours ago, munoz said:

Always enjoy Thistle away ,although I wish we weren't put in the old main stand.

2-2 draw with us gaining the extra pen point .

Always knew Faraway would come round to my way of thinking eventually.

45 minutes ago, munoz said:

Always knew Faraway would come round to my way of thinking eventually.

44 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FX sake, where's the edit button? :o

FFS 

Where's the delete button ? 

Scarf and top getting dusted down after the summer hols and heading to Partick for a few beers and a pleasant day at the football. Any exciting new chants to learn for the new players. Do we have two Ross Stewart chants? What rhymes with Buchanan and what's the Gavin Reilly song. After lubricating the larynx with a few lagers a wee sing song will be just the ticket.

Saturday will be tough. I think we might scrape a 1-0 win though. It'll be very different to Tuesday night because Thistle will fancy themselves at home against lower league opposition. They'll come out and attack, that will suit us.

I'd like to see O'Keefe given a start. He looked pacey and direct when he came on against Livingston. I don't think Stewart has done a huge amount wrong, but he's not a natural winger. I'd also like to see Stewart (GK) given a shot in a competitive game. Nothing against Sammy, just haven't seen Stewart play yet. I'd also bring in Baird for Buchanan and drop Smith back into No10.

So...

.........................Stewart.............................

Irvine......Baird........Mackenzie.......Stelios

............McShane...........McGinn................

O'Keefe..............Smith..................Morgan

...........................Reilly...............................

28 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Saturday will be tough. I think we might scrape a 1-0 win though. It'll be very different to Tuesday night because Thistle will fancy themselves at home against lower league opposition. They'll come out and attack, that will suit us.

I'd hope so and, as you say, this should give us opportunities to get something going forward but I'm still concerned about our ability to keep a clean sheet. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'd hope so and, as you say, this should give us opportunities to get something going forward but I'm still concerned about our ability to keep a clean sheet. :ph34r:

I know what you mean, but I think the defence will settle, just might take some time. I don't think they'll play as direct as Livi, so it'll be more about our shape and discipline than dominance in the air. It'll be interesting at the very least :lol:

Think we might actually get a narrow win in normal time and all but guarantee 2nd place in the group.

I do think we will see a reaction from Tuesday nights disappointment. The away support will be in good voice and I genuinely see us winning this one.

Come on ye saints!

Some tasty prices for first scorer and anytime scorer at Firhill:

First scorer price first then anytime scorer

Gary MacKenzie 40/1, 16/1

Gregor Buchanan 50/1, 20/1

Ian McShane 25/1, 10/1 (free kicks and penalties?)

Stephen McGinn 33/1, 12/1 (penalties?)

Think we might actually get a narrow win in normal time and all but guarantee 2nd place in the group.

I do think we will see a reaction from Tuesday nights disappointment. The away support will be in good voice and I genuinely see us winning this one.

Come on ye saints!

can't see were the goals will come from bud. need to be a dodgy 1.0 I think. We badly need a striker.