Harry

All the ITK crowd were telling us it was a done deal yesterday. One poster even corrected someone from saying 'if he signs tomorrow' to 'when he signs tomorrow'

Surely he hasn't done a Harte? Or issues with medical...? Still an hour of today left tbf...

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Joining Lancaster City :(

Who, Elvis? I suppose he has been a good servant to the forum, with his cheery banter, but all good things must come to an end. He had lost that bit of unpredictability so probably best for all concerned that he moves to another fans forum, albeit at a lower level where standards aren't so high.

Adios, elvis, best of luck in your new job.

i'd think he would have some input.

He may have, but would be down to the finance director to set the financial details. Probably more input from the club doctor on the injury ramification and effect on a deal. I'm sure the doctor would have been involved in the discussions yesterday with Harry, Jack and the chairman...

9 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I liked Davis but not sure he's a pressing need for this team. We've got three centre backs with enough experience. Striker should be No.1 priority but happy if we're getting both.

We'll be signing a striker mate - maybe even two! I think we need to be as tight at the back as possible. Conceding silly early goals gives teams the upper hand and puts more onus on us to have to push for a goal, leaving us open. Tighten up at the back and it makes things a lot easier for those in front.

Happy to see Harry come back. Assuming he stays injury free, he'll be a good signing.

Problem we still have is nothing to do with our centre halves and everything to do with our brand of attacking football, It leaves us open when we commit so many bodies forward. We don't play a defensive midfielder, we play two playmakers. That's the issue. Maybe a shift to 4-3-3 rather than 4-2-3-1 might tighten us up in midfield a bit.